Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Astitva-Simran's Thoughts on Love!!! (Page 3)

Minnie IF-Veteran Member
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 21 June 2005 at 11:43pm | IP Logged

A very nice topic Akshata and I am very sorry for a late reply. I had come once before and wrote a reply and unfortunately, when the time of posting came, my browser closed down and the network got shut off....Ouch half an hour of hard work goneCry

Anyway, here is my take. I do believe in the quote. However, in practrical world, I don't think things are that simple.

In my view, never let go what is yours without a fight. INMO there is always the possibility that the person has come under a temporary influence and with patience and understanding and obviously a little fight ( I do beleive in Biwi number 1 theoryLOL), things might fall back into place. That is, it's upto the person to decide whether the relationship and the person is worth that. Sometimes, they are.

Simran too had put up a fight. The anger, the denial and later on the acceptance of Abhi, all had been a process. It was only when Abhi came up with the weird suggestion of having Kiran in their life as well that she finally realised that it was beyond salvage. That is the point where the strength of a person comes to the fore. She let go, and kept her dignity.He came back. But by then, it was too late.

Even Kiran let go of Abhi and perhaps, that was the only good thing she did in whole her life. Neha could not let go. She held on to Abhi until she could no more. Not once did she tried to think the way about Simran and Abhi as Simran thought about Neha and Abhi. Simran thought about Neha and at the cost of her own happiness she pushed them into a relationship no one was ready for (highly stupid though......something simply impossible in real life) but Neha simply chose to be blind to Simran or even Astha's needs......... Here, even Poonam was at fault. It was her who had advised Neha to hold on to Abhi. Inspite of knowing very well Abhi never came out of Simran sindrome, follwed her everywhere like a long lost puppy, she took the risk and tried to bind him to her. Worst, she never came out in the open which could have somewhat solved the situation. When she realised, it was too late. For everyone. You work at someone who at least had some emotion for you, but trying to work at an one sided relationship, well, it never works. To work at any relationship, the basic understanding is that both the person reach out to each other.

As for sitting duck with Abhi's memories, well, had he stuck around with Kiran, probably she would have moved on and left him behind emotionally too. It's easy to get furious and then indifferent to a person who has been indifferent to you. But not someone who you know loves you, no matter what.

gentle_girl66 Groupbie
gentle_girl66
gentle_girl66

Posted: 22 June 2005 at 1:18am | IP Logged
 I  BELIVE IN THAT QUOTE COS IT HAS HAPPEN IN MY PERSONAL LIFE. LIKE PEOPLE SAY LOVE IS LIKE A BUTTERFLY THE MORE YOU CHASE IT THE MORE IT ELUDES YOU BUT IF U LET IT GO IT WOULD CAME BACK TO YOU WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT. LIKE SIMRAN IHAVENT WASTE MY LIFE. THE ONE I LUV CAME TO ME WHEN IT WAS TOO LATE.I AM HAVING A BETTER PERSON THEN HE WAS.
Aloo_gobi Senior Member
Aloo_gobi
Aloo_gobi

Posted: 22 June 2005 at 4:36pm | IP Logged

Hi All,

Firstly, apologies for my late response, i have been meaning to write a response, however due to work commitments, i hardly got a chance.

but i found this topic very very interesting..topics on love are always interesting as there is no one right definition of it. 

in the case of simran's quote, i do tend to disagree to some extent.... just because a love goes away does not mean that it was not yours in the first place...we live in the 'real' world, circumstances, situations can stop us from being with the one we love, and ultimately never being with them again... but it does not mean that it was not your love in the first place.. it is like that saying:

" it is better to have loved and lost than never loved at all"

love has many dimensions to it... simply being together is not love..love, to me, comes from the heart, means sacrafice for each others happiness, doing things for each other, arguing yet being able to make up again.... i could go on..but the list is endless.... 

it is nice that simran has faith in her love to come back... but if it never came back, does that mean she never loved abhi at all...? when we all know that they were soul mates from day one....

i feel more than anything, simran simply has hope that her love will return, but she knows that it was a 2 way love, which will never fail, no matter how far apart they are... thats why i say it is not necessary that if a love does not return, does not mean it was not yours in the first place... take the example of Abhimanyu Joshi (simran's college love)..he came back into simrans' life..yet it wasnt really love for simran....

thats my opinion guys...sorry i might have gone on....

akshata..well done for starting a great topic, it is really wonderful to see your continous efforts and contributions to this forum....

Aloo Gobi 

Akshata Senior Member
Akshata
Akshata

Posted: 24 June 2005 at 2:49am | IP Logged

Thanks aloo_gobi for your compliments.It's fun to stay connected with you all in this manner.

You gave a new dimension to the quote.Never thought of it that way.And I agree with you wholeheartedly that there is no definite definition of love.It's just a beautiful feeling.

Cheers,

Akshata

sugarsweet Senior Member
sugarsweet
sugarsweet

Posted: 24 June 2005 at 5:05pm | IP Logged

i do agree with the qoute but to what extent should we really let them go? i mean should they just be out of our daily life but in our heart and mind or should you let them go  to the extent where they are no where in your life. because if dotn let them go that much then you cant move on with life..... but if you let them go, so that they are nowhere in your life anymore then was it really true love? its very hard to let go of someone you truley love...

well yes you can let them go physically from your life but they always stay in your heart in your mind and in everything you do. thats just what i think. Embarrassed

Kumud_Kshitij Goldie
Kumud_Kshitij
Kumud_Kshitij

Posted: 29 June 2005 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
I agree with the quote!!!!!
I LOVE SHAHRUKH KHAN! PAHELI IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!
Akshata Senior Member
Akshata
Akshata

Posted: 29 June 2005 at 9:06pm | IP Logged

Hey Shahrukh Khan fan,

Is Paheli the best movie only till his next best comes along??????Wink

Akshata

Go to top