Debate Mansion

Astitva-Simran's Thoughts on Love!!! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Akshata

Akshata

Posted: 13 June 2005 at 7:37pm | IP Logged

Thanks a lot vvrsun for the correct quote and the right source.I'll make the required changes.

Akshata.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Astitva-Simran's Thoughts on Love!!! (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sweetsorrow18

IF-Rockerz

sweetsorrow18

Posted: 18 June 2005 at 10:02pm | IP Logged

i agree with the quote, there is no use holding someone down who doesnt love you with their full heart, it will just cause you unhappiness and ur partner. i am a big believer in destiny, so if its meant to be then it will happen, if not just move on cuz life will have great things instore....i used to watch astitva, now i dont, but it sounds like simran hasnt moved on and that i believe is foolish.  if your going to let go your love, you also need to learn how to move on, there is no use wasting time waiting......only my opinion
i am also a newbie Smile

Akshata

Akshata

Posted: 18 June 2005 at 10:57pm | IP Logged

Hi sweetsorrow,

welcome to the forum! We do value your opinion.Smile

Cheers,

Akshata

Akshata

Akshata

Posted: 20 June 2005 at 1:00am | IP Logged

Hi forum friends,

I must admit that I was a little disappointed with the lukewarm response this topic got but I am not disheartened.Maybe the topic is of a serious nature and too philosophical.Most of our members are very young and I guess it did not generate enough enthusiasm.With so much happening in Astitva,every episode is going to give us new topics.

But since I opened this topic,I would like to give my views and perhaps conclude the discussion.

I do believe in the quote and think that love should not be bound by compulsion.But when one says"let him/her free",I think it means to give the freedom of choosing to love you or someone else.

It is applicable to all relationships but it is more apt in a relationship between a man and a woman before they get married. In a marriage there are certain commitments(Moral and legal) and expectations that don't exist in other relationships.That's why so many young couples like the idea of live-in relationships to marriage.That loyalty is expected even in a casual relationship while it's on, goes without saying.

Where there is love,there is bound to be some possessiveness and jealousy.It's normal as long as one knows one's limits.

To let go one's straying love is perhaps the right thing to do but the most difficult and painful decision,I should think.One may let go of the person physically but very few will be able to actually forget and get on with life as before." Let him free" means not tying down the person by legal and emotional ties.

Life does go on  but it's something like"tere bina zindagi se koi shikava to nahi,tere bina zindagi bhi lekin zindagi nahi".

According to me,Simran has tried very hard to live by this principle but destiny has brought Abhi in her life again and again.She has moved on in her career and personal life.Her close family and good friends, Manas and Dr.Brian have a big role to play.Simran did the right thing by giving Abhi a divorce and releasing him from the binding of marriage.At that time it was the best solution for her inorder to maintain her dignity and self respect.

But believe me,friends,I think that persons like Simran are only found in stories and make believe world.I salute anyone who can even come close to Simran in real life!!!!

Cheers,

Akshata

dalals

dalals

Posted: 20 June 2005 at 4:17pm | IP Logged

Do you agree with the quote?

I do agree with this quote. We sometimes get very possessive in our relationships also there is a lot of insecurity and fear of losing the loved one that keeps us bound to this relationship. Simran is right we need to give a way and see if it returns.

2.Is it really possible in all relationships?

I think so. Anyway what is the point in holding on to somenone who never was yours. He/she is going to leave sooner or later.

3.Did Simran do the right thing by living by this principle?

It is very very difficult to live by her principles, I guess it is the most admirable thing she is doing, living by her principles. Big smile

frosty

Goldie

frosty

Posted: 21 June 2005 at 3:07am | IP Logged
Hi Akshata

This is indeed a very deep and thought provoking topic. I do believe that
letting go of someone you love - be it your lover, husband, child or friend
is probably the most difficult thing to do. However, it needs to be done.
Love cannot be forced upon anybody.

Having said this I believe that following it through takes immense
determination and an absolute belief in ones principles. Relationships
signify security and comfort. Whether it is with an infidel spouse or an
untrustworthy friend we are all reluctant to end relationships. I also
believe that letting someone go does not mean that you let go of their
memory as well. You let a loved one go because you want them to
maintain their individuality, however the memories are yours to keep and
cherish. It is all very well to tell someone to move on, but how many of us
can forget our first crush; let alone a serious romance

The character of Simran has not only let Abhi go, she has also maintained
this stand with most relationships in her life, whether it is her daughter
(Gudiya) or Manu she has always given them the freedom of choice. Even
after Abhi left her on their wedding day, she let him go gracefully, she did
not start a search for him or curse him nor did she question his motives.
Yes she lived with his memories but we have to allow her that.

Edited by frosty - 21 June 2005 at 3:08am

Akshata

Akshata

Posted: 21 June 2005 at 4:33am | IP Logged

Hi Frosty,

Our thoughts are similar but you have penned them down very well.Your post made good reading.

Akshata

sree

IF-Rockerz

sree

Posted: 21 June 2005 at 6:02am | IP Logged

Thanks to all who have participated in this discussion. A very big sorry to all as i am replying late. I was tied up with work. But better late than never.

Yes, I feel this quote holds good in life. In life, Love always happens from both sides. If it is one-sided, it always fails. So for a good and successful relationship, love should be there on both sides. In this case, Simran always believes in the philosophy that do not hold  a person tight when you are in love, if he goes, he is not yours, if he comes back, he was always yours. I too believe in this statement.

Love is divine. It cannot be forced. It cannot be thrust on the other person. If you try to force, this will create more complications, will just put all thro' lots of pain. When you love a person, you need to have a basic undestanding, build your relationship on this. If you have a firm base to your love, nothing will happen. You can just pass thro' all turmoils in life, unaffected. But for this to happen, as i said, the basic thing is trust and understanding.

But having said this, there might arise situations where we truly love a person. But due to some unexpected reasons, problems creep up, thus shaking the roots of love between the two. During this time, what one needs is patience. Again, if we have trust on each other, we can wither it. There might be cases when the person we love, is doing injustice to us in some way. In this case, we cannot just put a tag around us that he is mine, try to hold him. This will just not solve matters.

We have to firmly believe in one thing in such case. We have to be 100% sure that our love to him is not conditional, is pure, divine and true. If these specifics are true, then we just have to play the waiting game. Sometimes man takes the woman for granted, or if the woman is pre-occupied sometimes, this is applicable to her too. In this case, the testing times come only when a couple is sepearated. It hapens that we realise one's true worth only after moving away from the person. So, if i really love the person, and if he loves me, then he is bound to come back, come what may.

But it might happen that if this love is baseless, he might never come back. This is the time one needs to buck up, accept life as it comes. There is no use in going behind the guy. He does not want you in his life, this is the truth. One needs to accept this and move forward.

I think this is applicable to all relationships.

Simran has laways lived by this principle. She has always loved the other person by heeart, sincerely. But for some reason or the other, things have not worked out for her. Even though, Abhi and Simran had a great love between them, their foundation to love was poor. They could not come over the fact that Simran was elder to Abhi by many years. This was a weak stone in their foundation according to me which just uprooted the blossoming tree.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top