Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by: ritzbitz

No,you are free to interact with someone or some topic you personally like,and so is the star. If he likes a particular topic,or gets connected to someone here,that is his/her choice. You are free to connect to people,and we don't expect you to connect to everyone here. It is not possible. We will never dictate what and where you should post,and whom you should reply. We shall only interfere if there is any violation. 

Minnie thumbnail

yes its something to ponder over.....infact the celebrities should be given a briefing about the codes and conduct....what if one of the celebrity tries to hurt his fans...what should be done in that scenario...i guess members are more important then the celebrities... my POV

If a celebrity tries to hurt a fan by

a) insulting him with profanity;

b) abusing him;

c) maligning him

then we edit the posts and send him/her a pm explaining,as we do with all the members.

Minnie thumbnail

exactly even if the celebrities have confirmed their id's ..how would you know that its them who themselves are typing thos messages for the fans... ... maybe someone is writing on their behalf......maybe there might be some member in the forum who are related to them and they can use their id's.... anything is possible.....

I am afraid that is a risk you always have with  the virtual world. But what we have found that 8 out of 10 people are forthright and honest about most things. So even if we suppose there is a proxy going on, once we confirm it, we can be sure that the proxy is just a mouthpiece,nothing else.

If we became suspicious of every move made by the other person,then virtual world would simply collapse.This is one place where a lot of trust is placed on what you say. And it works that way.

Minnie thumbnail

i guess members are more important then the celebrities... my POV

Anyone who comes here with the intention of enjoying and be a part of this wonderful world, is equally important, be it a celebrity,or a member.

Minnie thumbnail

Originally posted by: MNMS

[quote=Minnie]But yes, with the amount of negative criticism going around, I would not be surprised if a celebrity reacts in a negative way.Not everyone can digest negativity.......

In that case, we treat them just as another member. Apprise them of COC and then if they continue, give them warnings too......though I am sure they are too busy anyway to have time to indulge in rule breaking.And hope we never come to that.
[/quote]

That is EXACTLY my point. Even we all know their hectic lifestyles.. who would do.. but possiblilty never dies...

Let's assume if some celebrity (and i also hope it Never happens ) breaches the COC due to any reason.. He/She is given a warning etc.... but when/if u warn them openly, my question, how will u tackle those fans of his/her going wild over the Admin/mods actions 😕(IF's image??!!??).. Don't u think this would be a very serious situation? 😊 (Just a thought!)

Yes,polarisation is always a distinct possibility (I shudder to think what wud have happened if HR became a part of this forum and a regular poster during his stint as a mentor in SRGMP 😆). But then, if the celebrity does not care about breaking that fine line, then I think it would make our task of treating him/her as a regular would be a bit more easier.

Krishana Tulsi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

Nice topic Maryam !

So far, we have been lucky to get celebrities who come here just to have fun and touch base with their fans.

But yes, with the amount of negative criticism going around, I would not be surprised if a celebrity reacts in a negative way.Not everyone can digest negativity.......

In that case, we treat them just as another member. Apprise them of COC and then if they continue, give them warnings too......though I am sure they are too busy anyway to have time to indulge in rule breaking.And hope we never come to that.

😆 Lol yeah i do agree with u!!!!..doubt they would hav time for rule breaking but the same rules should apply to all of us!!!!...after all we are special in our own way!!!😳...even tho not as many ppl kno us!!! hehehe...yeah back to the point...umm they should get warnings ..but hopefuli it should never come to it!