Debate Mansion

Talking about people’s weight/appearance (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 8

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 4:25am | IP Logged

Once Again Hi to all of you!!!

I donot see anything wrong in discussing about the height,weight,length,breadth all the parameters of so called Stars.I don't find anything wrong in measuring their hotness(without thermometers) on different scales which don't have units.

My views regarding beauty of ordinary people are:(i did'nt write them,i'm copying from the mail I got)

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.   

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find them at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.

The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows.

The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 28 September 2006 at 4:27am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Talking about people’s weight/appearance (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Once Again Hi to all of you!!!

I donot see anything wrong in discussing about the height,weight,length,breadth all the parameters of so called Stars.I don't find anything wrong in measuring their hotness(without thermometers) on different scales which don't have units.

My views regarding beauty of ordinary people are:(i did'nt write them,i'm copying from the mail I got)

Agreed....and all these parameters(a ka weight,height etc) is confined only for the people in the entertainment field,because they get paid for all that...

I wouldnt look for beauty in a doctor,I would look for knowledge,astuteness,intelligence,kindness,sagaciousness and above all,his experience..I wouldnt be looking for height and weight(But if the doc is a hottie of the opposite sex,I wouldnt mind droolingWinkLOL)

Similarly,In a teacher,I would look for the depth of subject,the ability to cater to the "not so bright" students,the affability and the teaching prowess...and NOT height,slimness,sveltness,beauty etc

But in actors,I do look for good acting,as well as good looks...

and the biggest misconception is that,people feel that those who judge the actors judge everyone..NO!,...I dont judge how pretty every by-passer on the road is....Nor do I opine about real life people,my friends..But I dont find anything wrong about commenting on actors,as they are paid for that,their claim to fame is their "overall personality and acting prowess"...Would these many people love Abhishek had he been this obese potbellied unhealthy slob...If your answer is no,then it explains everythingTongue..SImilarly,would people like a rubenesque Priyanka or Priety....

Edited by Buffie - 28 September 2006 at 4:41am

BeautifulBillo

IF-Dazzler

BeautifulBillo

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 5:07am | IP Logged

and like anusha said--the G_Y_M exists for a reason--if regular people who: go to university full time; studyyyyy and do well on tests/exams/ reports/papers; get asked to put in hours at their parents' businesses/offices/factories/whateverrr;manage the house while their parents are away on a trip;go to navratri for garba/raas almost everyday; AND still go to the gym for 2 hours (even when on holiday) and have a knowledge of the latest products available in the market then why cant celebrities???VLCC and Leena Mogre would stay open for ppl like smriti and mona and ram kapoor; dentists would love to fix star GIS; or crooked teeth9*cough Ronit Roy cough*;Surily goel wouldnt mind styling AA off screen;Estee Lauder could send anti-cellulite products as complimentary; weight watchers wouldnt mind either...
celebrities have a whole lot at their disposal; can't they use it??are they so dense as to ignore it--and if so then i m sorry but they need to be prepared for being dissed; I would NOT always like to watch a replay of a broadway show where fat people with BADDD clothes are allowed!!

just my views/opinion

Edited by legallyblonde21 - 28 September 2006 at 5:18am

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 5:33am | IP Logged
Ouch
Originally posted by legallyblonde21

and like anusha said--the G_Y_M exists for a reason--if regular people who: go to university full time; studyyyyy and do well on tests/exams/ reports/papers; get asked to put in hours at their parents' businesses/offices/factories/whateverrr;manage the house while their parents are away on a trip;go to navratri for garba/raas almost everyday; AND still go to the gym for 2 hours (even when on holiday)

Exactly...WHen people who work/corporates/and students can work out(I have seen loadssssssss of such pople being realy health conscious),cant celebrities work outConfused...Their only job is to look good ,and to act well....They invariably crib about their shooting schedules,but are they doing anything more harder than corporates who work their a**es off at offices,or students who study for hours together..NOPE...

Working out should not be considered as a burden,coz then no one would ever succeed...the motivation should come from within,and not after being repeatedly dissed by the media/criticsOuch

Edited by Buffie - 28 September 2006 at 5:34am

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 5:52am | IP Logged
Good post JP. Clap

Well to be frank to me anyone who talks about anyone's look be it actor/actress or regular people...i think they are just judging things that are not in human hands. you are talking about looks? I have seen people making fun of disabbled as well. I think it is really sad to see people passing comments on other's weight, looks, nose, hair, etc. We have actor like Om Puri, and others who are not that attractive but have proved themselves on screen.

I would say if you like or dislike someone even looks wise it's fine, but to make issue out of it and post it is not something I personally like posting or reading. I have seen lot of older women gather outside their house and talk about neighbours and discuss people...to me this is just same...gossip about people and having fun at other's expense.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 6:18am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Good post JP. Clap

Well to be frank to me anyone who talks about anyone's look be it actor/actress or regular people...i think they are just judging things that are not in human hands. you are talking about looks? I have seen people making fun of disabbled as well. I think it is really sad to see people passing comments on other's weight, looks, nose, hair, etc. We have actor like Om Puri, and others who are not that attractive but have proved themselves on screen.

I would say if you like or dislike someone even looks wise it's fine, but to make issue out of it and post it is not something I personally like posting or reading. I have seen lot of older women gather outside their house and talk about neighbours and discuss people...to me this is just same...gossip about people and having fun at other's expense.

Sowmya !!!

I agree with you but  I don't feel anything wrong in making healthy comments on the same actor or actress(who are or were handsome/beautiful already).However I don't support people who simply comment on the beauty which is naturally given by God.I'm not interested in commenting an actor by comparing with another but I'm really interested in commenting in comparing the actor with his/her past physical features that too some considerable level.Thses are just for people in glamour world.

Cheers,

Mythili

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Yes, Mythili, I agree..commenting on positive side be it looks is always healthy. I mean anything that is constructive and just don't send out negative vibes is always good. If you comment somethign good about a person, that makes his/her day then i think it's worth doing..but by your comments if you hurt someone I would not agree to that.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 6:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I am guity of mentioning Adnan Sami's weight in two posts.
I am also quite frank in 'thin is in' thread.

I guess Adnan Sami is smart enough to know that he cannot hide behind Shaan and as such there is a global epidemic of obesity. People need to be told so. If they find rude, a much more tude awaekning awaits them in their futures.

Abhijit, you said twice. JP also told in her post about repetative criticism. If you passed on message once we got it..but keep on telling same thing again and again, and specially negative comments is not good. Obesity and being fat is not the same, please correct me if I am wrong. Thin is definetly In..but does that give us right to criticize the ones who are not thin is the question!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top