Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

Talking about people’s weight/appearance (Page 2)

kisnakiradha Senior Member
kisnakiradha
kisnakiradha

Joined: 05 July 2006
Posts: 749

Posted: 27 September 2006 at 10:25pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pooja_4lamba

Ok guys. I gave my point of view so does not matter what u agree or not does it!

LOL

it's a discussion, and there are always two sides to everything. what matters is every1 sharing their 2 cents

wildblossom IF-Rockerz
wildblossom
wildblossom

IF-Crazy Creatives
Joined: 01 July 2005
Posts: 5373

Posted: 27 September 2006 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kisnakiradha

Originally posted by pooja_4lamba

Ok guys. I gave my point of view so does not matter what u agree or not does it!

LOL

it's a discussion, and there are always two sides to everything. what matters is every1 sharing their 2 cents

LOLLOLLOL

Yes I agree with you on this and all your other pointsClapClapClap

I would definitely find it very hurtful and discouraging to have people commenting on my looks and considering the way bashing can get on IF- I probably would run away with a broken heartOuchCry

But the point is still that people care about looks- Confused Why beauty matters so much- who knowsConfused But the fact remains that people would rather watch bad acting from someone who looks like John Abraham than good acting by someone who looked like Rishi Kapoor. Confused And I am not saying that John is a bad actor- I am just using his appearance as an example.

I think we are getting away from the topic anywayyyyyy-- the question is should we be allowed to comment on people's looks or specifically celebrities' looks on IF---

My answer: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! OMG I would like to see everyone single one of you who bash another actor/actress to go look in the mirror. Half of the time people start insulting others for traits they possess themselvesConfused They say you only insult another person because it makes you feel good...I mean what can you get out of insulting someone for their appearance? Does it make you feel good because you dont have that particular 'bad' trait? What reason do you have for insulting another person??Confused Someone plz explain to me what you gain by making fun of someone. You think you seem cool and confident?Ermm Not in my book....

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Joined: 23 August 2006
Posts: 3152

Posted: 27 September 2006 at 11:20pm | IP Logged

Hi Jprasad ji!!
Wonderful Topic.See Jpji!! Every human being tries to project herself/herself in a diginified,intelligent manner to others in the society because its a necessity.But we get very rarely a chance to exibhit our crazy sides of ours ,the right and safest place will be internet and India forums gives a wonderful oppurtunity to project our real and crazy sides.Driving the point home,I don't feel anything wrong in discussing about Television actors and Film stars.See I dare to say only in IF that Ram Kapoor is Hot,Ram kapoor is a macho,Apurva Agnihotri is cute or anything.I will not do this is my off India Forums life.I may feel embarassd if my students or my family members know about this.However I'm not really bothered about these actors in my life.See!! We cannot discuss about the method acting of Ramkapoor all the time,We cannot discuss about his attitude which we are quite unaware.All the discussions we do here about the actors are just for time pass.NO actor takes considers our views,the actors do have their plans,actors are not emotional.
cheers,
Mythili

Have a glance at Ram kapoor:

Photograph of Apurva Agnihotri:

 



Edited by mythili_Kiran - 28 September 2006 at 12:48am
SaaraDON IF-Sizzlerz
SaaraDON
SaaraDON

Joined: 15 August 2005
Posts: 20001

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 2:08am | IP Logged
If good looks matter den why do ppl like Johnny Lever... Big smile..???....maybe coz of his talent.

According to me...the inner beauty of a person matter's the mosshht....if u r beautiful frm inside....den only it will be reflected outside too... Big smile Embarrassed Big smile

Nowadays natural beauty is not to be found esp in Bollywood....actress/actors r bathed in make-up... LOL no offence to any1....its a fact... LOL Tongue Its not even deir fault...actually dey hav to...no other option for dem.... Big smile

Ofcourse noone in dis world wud like the fact tht sum1 criticises u or dislikes u only coz u r not pretty or r fat....n blah blahh... Ouch ....
We hav no right to call any noone ugly or fat...either frm the bolly world or telly world....real world..... Ouch

If u hav good looks n no talent....bet me...u will not survive in the indutry for a long time. Ouch

AND if u hav okie looks wid loads of talent bet me again...u will for sure be able to create an impact in evry1's mind. Big smile Best e.g Johnny lever...

--DON--


insouciance IF-Rockerz
insouciance
insouciance

Joined: 10 January 2006
Posts: 6876

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 2:28am | IP Logged
SOme of you'll are saying that you guys would feel hurt if anyone calls you "not so good looking"..But we people havent entered the entertainment field...

When these celebrities get the star status,when they have people drooling over them left right and centre,and when they appear on page 3 at regular clockwork,why cant they take the negativities of the entertainment field with the same spirit and gusto with which they embrace the perquisites Confused


If I enter the entertainment field,and if some people find me not so good looking,or fat,I wouldnt mind it..Because,I'm earning my $$$ because I have these people who watch me perform..and as an audience Everyone has the right to voice what they feel about the stars(decently sans profanity)...Because,its the audience who make the stars they people they are..When they can enjoy the humongous fan craze,they also need to be prepared for the criticism
insouciance IF-Rockerz
insouciance
insouciance

Joined: 10 January 2006
Posts: 6876

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 2:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

 

Mythili ji,you have posted the best picture of Apoorva..Now here's another picture( and no,its  not morphedLOL)

 

 

 

Now when you see this dress cum teeth disaster,wouldnt you be egged on to even say a word,that too when you have watching this man's show and when you have people callign him the "God of handsomeness"Confused

 

IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Joined: 23 August 2006
Posts: 3152

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 2:36am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Buffie

SOme of you'll are saying that you guys would feel hurt if anyone calls you "not so good looking"..But we people havent entered the entertainment field...

When these celebrities get the star status,when they have people drooling over them left right and centre,and when they appear on page 3 at regular clockwork,why cant they take the negativities of the entertainment field with the same spirit and gusto with which they embrace the perquisites Confused


If I enter the entertainment field,and if some people find me not so good looking,or fat,I wouldnt mind it..Because,I'm earning my $$$ because I have these people who watch me perform..and as an audience Everyone has the right to voice what they feel about the stars(decently sans profanity)...Because,its the audience who make the stars they people they are..When they can enjoy the humongous fan craze,they also need to be prepared for the criticism

Well said!!!

See we are not bothered about the hair style of Abdul Kalam ji or size of Jayalalitha ji because we donot adore/hate them on these parameters.Where as hair style of Ram Kapoor or beard of Abhishek matters as they are in entertainment industry.

Cheers,

Mythili



Edited by mythili_Kiran - 28 September 2006 at 6:29am
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Joined: 23 August 2006
Posts: 3152

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 2:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Buffie

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

 

Mythili ji,you have posted the best picture of Apoorva..Now here's another picture( and no,its  not morphedLOL)

 

 

 

Now when you see this dress cum teeth disaster,wouldnt you be egged on to even say a word,that too when you have watching this man's show and when you have people callign him the "God of handsomeness"Confused

 

Buffie !!

You are too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angry

BTW how did u manage to get such a photograph!!!

But still Apurva is cute!!!

cheers,

Mythili

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Forum Moderators who throw their weight around !

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20

Author: .DontKnow.   Replies: 153   Views: 7685

.DontKnow. 153 7685 15 January 2010 at 8:42pm by Jess.
Five year old Weight Lifter

2

Author: return_to_hades   Replies: 10   Views: 822

return_to_hades 10 822 31 October 2009 at 9:23am by jettythegod
Appearance vs. Reality

2

Author: Gorgeous_Rosa   Replies: 10   Views: 701

Gorgeous_Rosa 10 701 13 April 2007 at 4:42am by Gorgeous_Rosa
Boring Peoples

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15

Author: Vinzy   Replies: 113   Views: 3529

Vinzy 113 3529 05 February 2007 at 1:54pm by Lovers Ka Love
obsession with weight

2 3

Author: mkzara   Replies: 19   Views: 1034

mkzara 19 1034 30 January 2006 at 5:08am by MOTI123

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index