88 - TOI - Article - Owning a Home gives satisfaction - SK 88

rayafan17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Article.aspx?eid=31804&articlexml=OWNING-A-HOME-GIVES-SATISFACTION-01102014308028
Oct 01 2014 : The Times of India (Mumbai)
OWNING A HOME GIVES SATISFACTION
Purnima Goswami Sharma Tpmfeedback
Actor Sharad Kelkar. has acted in movies like Goliyonki Rasleela Ram Leela, 1920 Evil Returns and Uttarayan. He also has to his credit, popular TV shows like Uttaran, Kuch Toh Log Kahenge, Saat Phere, Shaitaan-a Criminal Mind and many more
"Owning a home, gives immense satisfaction and a peaceful sleep. I have been living in Mumbai for twelve years now and am originally from Gwalior. Mumbai is a rapidly growing metro city which gives one plenty of opportunities to grow in life," says well-known actor Sharad Kelkar who started his journey in Mumbai as a model.

"Initially, I stayed as a paying guest sharing a three-bedroom hall flat with thirteen boys. I had got a call for a fashion show and was paid five thousand rupees and I was very happy at that time. Once my modelling career took off, after three years I moved to a rented place of my own and later bought my home in Goregoan. So overall, it's been a good journey ."

"While buying a home, I searched from Juhu to Malad through estate agents and also references given by friends. I chose to live in Goregoan as it is accessible from shooting locations like film city, studios in Charkop and Madh Island too. So it saves time if one has to commute daily for shooting.Goregoan has developed and changed drastically . Earlier, there was not even a single road joining SV Road and Link Road. The best malls and multiplexes are close by and so one has variety of options for shopping and eating out."

"Buying a property in Mumbai is really a big achievement; it gives one satisfaction and a peaceful sleep at night. It was an important goal of my life to buy my own house and I worked hard for it and am happy to have achieved it.Property rates are always soaring up in this city," says Kelkar. His home has a huge open terrace too, which he thinks is a blessing in this city. Kelkar's home has been designed by his wife Keerti, an interior designer and the home decor is largely in European style. "Most importantly , I got the house exactly the way I wanted it to be. We have a small bar on the terrace and it is a great place to chill with friends. I also have my exercise station there and I enjoy my exercise in the fresh air," says Kelkar who lives in a four-bedroom hall apartment in a high-rise tower.The elegant home is done up in soothing white colour. "Even the lamps hanging all over my house has been made by my wife. It was great fun doing up the place and Keerti and I did not buy things on impulse as everything was planned thoughtfully. Keerti who is very creative has paid a lot of attention to design and comfort be it our daughter's room, bedroom or theatre room. Even the temple is beautifully designed and crafted in marble. Home is a place where one enjoys special moments with loved ones. I feel relaxed and chilled when I am at home as it's my own serene world to retire after a day's work, with my family."

QUICK BYTE

EVEN THE LAMPS HANGING ALL OVER MY HOUSE HAS BEEN MADE BY MY WIFE. IT WAS GREAT FUN DOING UP THE PLACE AND KEERTI AND I DID NOT BUY THINGS ON IMPULSE AS EVERYTHING WAS PLANNED THOUGHTFULLY.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neelimapn4 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
TFS Deepali..
Nice article..
We can relate with SK's views..

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
TFS...my stupid huz bought our house and did the interiors long before even our alliance was discussed..I find the interiors 'not so nice' to put it mildly..but changing it will be costly...shall try my luck when we buy a second home ( donno when that will happen)
rayafan17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vidishaa

TFS...my stupid huz bought our house and did the interiors long before even our alliance was discussed..I find the interiors 'not so nice' to put it mildly..but changing it will be costly...shall try my luck when we buy a second home ( donno when that will happen)

Will happen Vidi.. want to share my story.. we were thinking of building on top of our home and called for estimates and things did not work out. after 2 months.. all of a sudden a home in my development that met our needs came up and we were able to buy it.. still cannot believe that we sold old home and moved in new home.. 

Edited by -deepali17- - 9 years ago
Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -deepali17-

Will happen Vidi.. want to share my story.. we were thinking of building on top of our home and called for estimates and things did not work out. after 2 months.. all of a sudden a home in my development that met our needs came up and we were able to buy it.. still cannot believe that we sold old home and moved in new home..

I can't criticise my huz's choice openly..after all I am one among them😉
shobha21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Deepaliji.
Anjani9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Plan to change a room in 6 months...
Anjani9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -deepali17-

I sold the old one but did not buy new...don't feel like getting into loans...😊
ariyadasa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

u know Vidi me too have the same pro my dad never want to make our House modern  ,  specially i like to have very simple Furnitures my dad always want to have Antiques😡 . i feel like a Hell when i am going to clean my house as cant imagine where to start and where to end as he turns all up and down with in a second he owns 2 Rooms but it' s too not enough to him ðŸ˜¡
Anjani9 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ariyadasa

u know Vidi me too have the same pro my dad never want to make our House modern  ,  specially i like to have very simple Furnitures my dad always want to have Antiques😡 . i feel like a Hell when i am going to clean my house as cant imagine where to start and where to end as he turns all up and down with in a second he owns 2 Rooms but it' s too not enough to him ðŸ˜¡

My parents also filled their home with antiques...😛