Petition to stop prosecution of a Tiger.

Posted: 9 years ago
Hi all of you.. this petition is in relation to the incident that occured in New Delhi zoo, last tuesday where a man was mauled & killed by a Tiger, on the 23rd of September when he jumped into it's territory. Please sign this petition and share it, if any of you believe, that the Tiger should not be prosecuted for the incident that occured and that, the animal just acted in his/her defense, due to the sudden intrusion and noise & stone pelting from the people around and is not a man eater..It mauled the person, did not eat him. Please sign & share if you wish for it to be spared. More signatures need to be collected..Edited by * Unnati * - 9 years ago
I agree. The tiger is not at fault.
If humans eat animals what is wrong in animals eating humans 🤣
especially when a human stands in front of a carnivorous animal.

The victim was also mentally unbalanced it seems.

Edited by Summer3 - 9 years ago
Signed ! I hope it'd be spared.
Good of you to post this .😊
I find it absurd that a tiger could be prosecuted like this ?.. ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜³.. what happened with the victim was an utterly unfortunate incident & may he rest in peace .. but blaming the tiger in this case is nonsensical ... ðŸ˜•
Originally posted by Summer3

I agree. The tiger is not at fault.
If humans eat animals what is wrong in animals eating humans 🤣
especially when a human stands in front of a carnivorous animal.

The victim was also mentally unbalanced it seems.

neither the tiger nor the boy is at fault
the boy fell into the enclosure and the tiger tried to protect it from stones so caught it by neck! 
Originally posted by Quixotic5

I find it absurd that a tiger could be prosecuted like this ?.. ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜³.. what happened with the victim was an utterly unfortunate incident & may he rest in peace .. but blaming the tiger in this case is nonsensical ... ðŸ˜•

may his soul rest in peace! ðŸ˜­
Originally posted by balashiv15

neither the tiger nor the boy is at fault
the boy fell into the enclosure and the tiger tried to protect it from stones so caught it by neck! 
 Exactly! According to the forensic reports,the tiger did not mean to harm the man in any way.Infact after people started pelting stones,the tiger in order to protect the man caught him by the neck and took him elsewhere.
Even in the video,it can be seen that the tiger did not do anything to man for almost 7 minutes.
So I feel ,the tiger was not at any fault.Even after taking the man ,he did not even eat him.
Originally posted by ..kimaya..

Exactly! According to the forensic reports,the tiger did not mean to harm the man in any way.Infact after people started pelting stones,the tiger in order to protect the man caught him by the neck and took him elsewhere.
Even in the video,it can be seen that the tiger did not do anything to man for almost 7 minutes.
So I feel ,the tiger was not at any fault.Even after taking the man ,he did not even eat him.

oh damn😲 is that true ? it was trying to protect him ? but it pawed him a few times I guess & some reports said, it chewed certain parts of his head. 

The man died nevertheless. It must've bitten into his neck pretty deep, enough to carry his weight around, through locking the teeth perhaps in his neck. It's just so, very sad. 
It is a preposterous myth being circulated on the internet that the tiger was trying to save the youth. The tiger is a wild animal and we have very little understanding of a tiger's natural instincts and behavior, especially in captivity. Forensic reports only cover the cause of death and physical state of the victim at death. Forensic reports will only state what the perpetrator did, but not the intent. So a forensic report may say the tiger held the youth by the scruff of the neck, but it will never say that the tiger was trying to protect the youth. The latter is a speculation.

Myths like this are dangerous because it presents a wild animal that we do not truly understand as a docile benevolent and tame creature. It encourages unfounded attempts to interact with wildlife. It is not that wild animals do not have social behaviors like us. It is that we don't fully understand their these behavior. What we consider as a friendly gesture could be a threat to them. What we assume to be a friendly gesture could be a threat from them.

That being said it is even more preposterous to blame the tiger for the death of the youth. Whatever happened was a sad and unfortunate event. It is the testament to the risk we undertake when we hold live animals in captivity.
Originally posted by * Unnati *

Hi all of you.. this petition is in relation to the incident that occured in New Delhi zoo, last tuesday where a man was mauled & killed by a Tiger, on the 23rd of September when he jumped into it's territory. Please sign this petition and share it, if any of you believe, that the Tiger should not be prosecuted for the incident that occured and that, the animal just acted in his/her defense, due to the sudden intrusion and noise & stone pelting from the people around and is not a man eater..It mauled the person, did not eat him. Please sign & share if you wish for it to be spared. More signatures need to be collected..

Its not the tigers fault, it should not be killed.