Posted: 8 years ago
  ^  I felt the same watching Queen. Kangana was playing desi Sandra in that movie. 
Originally posted by Chippeshwini

Watched Dum Laga Ke Haisha

It was a lot more serious than I thought it was gonna be. I REALLY appreciated Ayushmaan in this movie!

I knew Bhumi Pednekar was hyped after this, and for great reason as she seemed such a natural and very genuine. But for me, Ayushman kinda stole the show. His angst was extremely relatable, I think everyone has had a frustrating phase like his own when everything sucks and you know you're at fault partially but don't know what to do about it.

I'm so glad he picks the scripts that he picks =) Except for Nautanki Saala. That, was a mistake.

Loved the music, it was used very nicely as a background too. I was pretty much just smiling throughout the entire last race sequenc

Nice lesson about relationships too.

Yes. Perhaps Ayushman was the show-stealer. He acted so well. He fits the normal, decent guy image a lot. Like in Vicky Donor. 

Beautiful acting. Prem touched my heart. 
Originally posted by Abhinaya08

She yells, gets irritated, shakes her head, stomps off but cannot hear a word against him. When Rana asks her if she was his daughter, she proudly says that she is and adds that she might be a hundred times worse. She argues with him,sometimes feeling as if she has got the bad end of a deal but worries when he has gone off cycling by himself without even a word and breaks down when she knows that she would never get to hear those very tantrums again.

This emotion is love. Love for her father, concern which is evident even when she rages at him. He knows it. He understands his daughter like no one else and neither can he hear a word against her. A relationship so beautiful, this is the story of Piku and her father. Kudos to Deepika for engaging the viewers right from the beginning till the end. Her myriad of expressions will make sure to convey that she cannot be called wooden in any sense. BigB's tremendous performance was no surprise, stalwart that he is. Irrfan too with his subtlety and his expressions was very endearing  and whatever screen time he had with DP, their chemistry was evident.

True. Their bonding was somehow different. 

And Rana - Piku Chemistry sparked off. 
Samay- intriguing and engaging movie I didn't think it would be all that but it was a good murder mystery did not see the end coming good performances and good story well done and well made movie.
Anari 1993
Lolo, venkatesh

A little too much violence. But lolo looked pretty here. This movie is better than crap films like dabaang etc.
Bombay Velvet
----------------

Just TRIED to watch this movie as there was lot of curiosity that builtup for me.

I used the term TRIED because I so much want to like it somehow despite the negative reviews...
but..oh well...people are not complaining just for the heck of it...

I tried hard but could not tolerate it more then 45 minutes...
what an incoherent, sketchy, non engaging and absolutely pseudo mess it was... no kidding... its hard to understand what exactly is going on the screen... all characters are caricatures and not developed at all, no coherence between the sequences, absurd presentation and dull as hell...

I loved kashyap's Dev D and liked his black Friday and gulaal...but in BV kashyap totally lost it as a storyteller and director... big time fail.

based on whatever I saw (tolerated) I will give it a: 
1/5

kashyap Saab...cinema is meant to entertain audience, and not to mentally frustrate them.

ENOUGH SAID.
Gabbar.

Entertaining. Shruti was wasted. But a nice watch.

Finally, finally I was able to watch a few movies. I get to finish them in parts, so in 3 days. lol. 
First of, Badlapur. 

What was the budget of this film? 
A very nice film. Emotions were well captured. I wouldn't say it was something totally new, story was recycled but I enjoyed it. Thoroughly.  All acted very good, it was a treat to watch.

Now Varun. I'm not big on him but honestly, if I see any young actor pulling a crowd as huge as the Khans in his 40's + then it's Varun. I see a lot of potential in him. He has shown he can do anything and everything within such a short span of time. If there is someone that can do it, then it's Varun Dhawan. No questions about that. 

spoiler - 
Also, what was the message in Badlapur? To let to go anguish you have for someone.. to forgive and forget? I like it.  He wanted to kill Laik, and he killed other people to kill Laik, but at the end, he was never able to kill Laik...so now he has to finally let go. He will never be able to kill Laik as he wanted to. He has to move on, and the lesson is, he should have moved on in the last 15 years, instead of taking lives..and have to remember it for the rest of your life. 

Music...tremendous. 

Rating:   4/5

Originally posted by MrsSalmanKhan

Finally, finally I was able to watch a few movies. I get to finish them in parts, so in 3 days. lol. 
First of, Badlapur. 

What was the budget of this film? 
A very nice film. Emotions were well captured. I wouldn't say it was something totally new, story was recycled but I enjoyed it. Thoroughly.  All acted very good, it was a treat to watch.

Now Varun. I'm not big on him but honestly, if I see any young actor pulling a crowd as huge as the Khans in his 40's + then it's Varun. I see a lot of potential in him. He has shown he can do anything and everything within such a short span of time. If there is someone that can do it, then it's Varun Dhawan. No questions about that. 

spoiler - 
Also, what was the message in Badlapur? To let to go anguish you have for someone.. to forgive and forget? I like it.  He wanted to kill Laik, and he killed other people to kill Laik, but at the end, he was never able to kill Laik...so now he has to finally let go. He will never be able to kill Laik as he wanted to. He has to move on, and the lesson is, he should have moved on in the last 15 years, instead of taking lives..and have to remember it for the rest of your life. 

Music...tremendous. 

Rating:   4/5

I saw Badlapur yesterday...

and I would definitely have to disagree with what you thought the message is.

The message is IMO centered around Laik's character. He ends up going back to jail, figuring out that getting freedom through the patli gali is not all that it's cut out to be. He in the end preferred to serve his term if it will in any way deliver justice to Raghav, because life was not what he thought it would be after getting out of prison.

If a loved one dies, I don't think it's very decent to give them the advice of "moving on" for the better of others.
Piku

I demand for a rename; Constipation or Motion would have made a better title for this movie. From beginning till end the whole movie was about Mr. Banerjee's constipation issues. Not an interesting subject to dwell upon ðŸ˜µ

I would have stopped watching it mid way if it wasn't for some really good acting by Deepika, Big B and Irfan. Tolerated the constipation crap for their sake and especially for Deepika, who has improved so much as an actress. Plus she looked gorgeous. But nope! I would not watch it again thank you ðŸ˜†