Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

What was Purab thinking? (Page 2)

RTee IF-Sizzlerz
RTee
RTee

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 2:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

One thing I fail to understand is,why did Purab had to invite the whole world and it's family to his house?He could have thrown a private party just for Jassi & her family…

He knows that Jassi is concious abt her looks so he didn't need to impose the whole world on her at one go.

He did intend to throw a private party but unfortunately left the arrangements of the party in the hands of Tony and Deeya. LOL How was he to know they are worse schemers than Meenakshi is and that their idea of private party is totally different from his. He thought they were his well-wishers. Angry

...and could have invited Meenakshi over to gently break the news to her...
..He also knows that Meenakshi is nuts for him so he could at least be more gentle with her. I think he is being unfair to Meenakshi as well.

What is there to gently break the news to Meenakshi. She is not his teenage daughter who is going to throw temper tantrums at getting Jassi as her step-mom. Besides he had already told Meenakshi that he was getting married. He had met her after 6-7 years with no exchange of communication in between. Moreover there did not seem to be any bitter memories between Purab and Meenakshi after they parted. For someone who professes to harbour such strong emotions for Purab, she did not make any attempts in the intervening period to pursue him. Clearly a case of 'out of sight, out of mind'. No occasion for him to think Meenakshi is going to put a wrench in the works.

...On one side he keeps meeting her (feeds her champagne),keeps her guessing and even goes around in the party with her.

You meet someone after 6-7 years with whom you have been extremely pally with in the past and parted on a friendly note, least you do is invite the person over. Incidently, they were not drinking champagne, it was just an ordinary bottle of white wine. Champagne bottles are more curvaceous.

I hardly call that avoiding someone. Inspite of knowing how Meenakshi felt abt him he kept her dangling with his talks of mystery woman. I feel he should have told her right after she declared the contract results. Then called her to the party.

Irrespective of when he would have told Meenakshi, she would have stirred up trouble at the party. This whole 'tamasha' was waiting to happen. Good that it has and is over with. Last 2-3 weeks, with everyone on their best behaviour, Armaan turned goody-goody, mild lovers' tiffs between Purab and Jassi and still another 4-6 months to go before the serial ends, etc etc. have been like the calm before the storm and too diabetic.

yashika Senior Member
yashika
yashika

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 4:01am | IP Logged
ClapClapClap very very well said arti....exactly my sentiments...

Edited by yashika - 16 November 2004 at 4:07am
MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 4:16am | IP Logged
So sad na? Tony and Deeya Singh took over the arrangements of Purab's party? bechara purab!Cry
lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Everyone is so unfair when it comes to Purab. poor guy Cry
lilhenna Groupbie
lilhenna
lilhenna

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 7:40am | IP Logged

I think Purab loves Jassi.  He doesn't seem in love with her, perhaps that is a reflection on SS's acting.

Armaan, up till this point, seemed only to really want to manipulate Jassi.  If he quits trying to sabatoge contracts for GM, he could easily been seen as a good guy again.

Per the original storyline, Jassi will marry Armaan.  I think Purab's a much better guy, but it's already in the cards that Armaan will become the knight in shining armour, eventually.

Poor Purab, yes.  Also, poor Mallika.  She may be a handful, but she is still AS's finacee, who he doesn't even take to a simple negagement party.  Think about it, if it was you, how would you react?

I think JJKN, especially after this party, and the "love triangle" created has become just like most Indian shows; convoluded and overloaded.  I hope the show lightens some and the story moves on in a positive direction.

Cheers!

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 9:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tamanna

Agreed Minnie.

If Purab knows Jassi so well he ought to have known that she'll not be home at "his" kind of party. The least he could have done was to warn her about the kind of people she'll need to interact with. High society is not new to Jassi (thanks to Gulmohur) but so far she has always been in the other side of the table. Now she is suddenly in the midst of all the glitz and obviously she was uneasy. And Purab did nothing to help her!!! Jassi felt akward and moved off when Meenakshi entered the scene. The least Purab could have done was call her back and made the introduction!!! But no, he stood there and didn't seem to mind that Meenakshi's attempts to monopolize him!!!

One think struck me very odd. The Purab Mehra Diwali Bash was supposed to be a HUGE affair. And in such affairs when you want to make a public announcement you usually make everybody gather around and make the announcement. So, what was Purab thinking? Did he think he'll take Jassi to each and every invitee and make the introductions? Ridiculous!!!!

Exactly my point.Either he should have made it known over a period of time about his impending engagement with Jassi before the party or should have made an announcement at the first instance he got.And how did he allow himself to be dragged by Meenakshi instead of excusing himself from her & going to really look for Jassi and even maybe make a public announcement?

And Arti,I agree completely that fireworks had to happen,with or without reason.In the end,Purab and Jassi have to part ways.So sooner,the better.

anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 9:26am | IP Logged

hey guys, i did not see something similar posted and i added this in another topic. I am going to delete the other one...

here are my views

Jassi did not like the fact that Meenakshi was pushing herself over on purab and she probably waited to see if purab is going to say to get out of the party...

When meenakshi acted weird and said too many things on the stage, Jassi did not care how others feel, may be she was still waiting to see how purab handles this...he should have stopped her nonsense comments and said something to meenakshi to shut her mouth. He never was rude to her, he just tried to be nice and get her out of the way as she was his friend. And by the time he realized probably was too late. I think Jassi was embarassed when she was asked to dance with purab. She has always been a self concious girl and even when she organized the fashion shows at gulmohour, she never liked to host as she was scared about herself on how she looks. She never doubted her brain but always her looks.

We could see that embarssment in the eyes of Billu also. I think he too was little taken back with meena's words.

I still say that jassi should have not walked away like that, but instead waited their and fought for it. But I think it was her insecurity and she also must have felt that purab still likes meena and he must have had a different idea about an ideal girl and he is just pushing himself hard to marry jassi.

I felt jassi tried to remain calm a lot and try to tolerate meena, but in the end when she tells that she is not her ideal women, we see that purab does not give a good response to it and jassi comes and says that she is not his ideal woman and walks away.

In case of mallika she always knew that armaan is engaged to mallika and also he liked mallika and that is how he took her out to goa. This was a one sided love and she did not demand. But in case of purab where she is getting married to this person, she expected some kind of respect and understanding and purab failed in the party.

I am great fan of purab and i have always pointed mistakes of jassi. But what I saw yesterday, that purab should have put little more efforts in kicking that meena out...

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 9:43am | IP Logged
hahahahaha! I shouldn't even add my 2 cents, but I did
anyway. Everyone has said it for me!! I can add is that I think
Jassi was PMS....u know how some women get really
emotional....   Embarrassed

I do have a question, how come Raj wasn't invited? Was he on
vacation?

Poor Purab...his backbone is almost fully formed...he
sometimes is assertive and sometimes isn't as assertive as he
could be. He could have been more assertive in the sense
about making his relationship with Jassi known. Also as we
know, Jassi and Purab's relationship made news
headlines....did the headlines appear in a Mexican
newspaper? He showed assertiveness towards the end of the
11/15 JJKN episode; I was quite impressed with Purab's
comments to Meenakshi .   Clap

and what heck is wrong with Armaan??? Did he have a third
encounter of the third kind or something??? Was he bit by the
good fairy??? It is too good to be true!   Confused

Personally, I would like to think that Armaan attended the party
to stay informed and amused on this Jassi/Purab/Meenakshi
triangle. By his actions, he seemed amused.

Go to top