India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

What was Purab thinking?

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 15 November 2004 at 9:32pm | IP Logged

One thing I fail to understand is,why did Purab had to invite the whole world and it's family to his house?He could  have thrown a private party just for Jassi & her family and could have invited Meenakshi over to gently break the news to her.He knows that Jassi is concious abt her looks so he didn't need to impose the whole world on her at one go.He also knows that Meenakshi is nuts for him so he could at least be more gentle with her.I think he is being unfair to Meenakshi as well.On one side he keeps meeting her (feeds her champagne),keeps her guessing and even goes around in the party with her.I hardly call that avoiding someone.Inspite of knowing how Meenakshi felt abt him he kept her dangling with his talks of mystery woman.I feel he should have told her right after she declared the contract results.Then called her to the party.

Just my thoughts.

anam2004 Senior Member
anam2004
anam2004

Posted: 15 November 2004 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
I feel sooo sorry for jassi!!! (I really hate meenkashi!)
rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 15 November 2004 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
mee too!
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 15 November 2004 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Minnie

One thing I fail to understand is,why did Purab had to invite the whole world and it's family to his house?...............He knows that Jassi is concious abt her looks so he didn't need to impose the whole world on her at one go.

Jassi seems to take everthing in stride when anyone criticises he looks....also she is no chuimoi who keeps away from people.....and knowing this Purab decided to avail this oppertunity to introduce Jassi into his circle of friends......had he kept her seperate it would have translated into him being ashamed of Jassi or something.......and Jassi is the one who wanted him to stop coddling her.......so when he expects her to act like a grown up....what happens.....she runs off to armaan sir with her boo booConfusedConfused.....awwwwww....how matureConfused

Originally posted by Minnie

..... could have invited Meenakshi over to gently break the news to her.He also knows that Meenakshi is nuts for him so he could at least be more gentle with her.I think he is being unfair to Meenakshi as well.On one side he keeps meeting her (feeds her champagne),keeps her guessing and even goes around in the party with her.I hardly call that avoiding someone.Inspite of knowing how Meenakshi felt abt him he kept her dangling with his talks of mystery woman.I feel he should have told her right after she declared the contract results.Then called her to the party.

well Purab knew that Meenakshi was in love with him in the PAST.....she has given him the impression that she is happy for him NOW since he seems to have found his ideal........he has no idea of Meena's true feelings at present.....keeping that in mind I think he is treating her as he would any other friend....also if Purab was dangling Meena, he would have thought twice abt inviting her to this party lest she spoil his party.....
Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 15 November 2004 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
         Jassi is no chuimui as far as buisness is concerned but she is the biggest chuimui regarding her personal front.Purab is supposed to be more understanding and mature than Jassi.He also claims to know Meenakshi (tum Meenakshi ko nahi jaanti - clearly implying he knew).So he also should have guessed she is not going to take things lying down.
sanjana Goldie
sanjana
sanjana

Posted: 15 November 2004 at 10:47pm | IP Logged

Well said idesClapClap

Jassi is a hypocrite waiting for a chance to jump to Armaan.Jassi becomes more understanding and mature when dealing with Armaan but when it comes to Purab she sulks quite often.What is happening to her basic understanding nature when it comes to Purab.

jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 15 November 2004 at 11:54pm | IP Logged

About the party, maybe purab called the whole world because he wanted to announce it to them that jassi was his mangetaar. Didnt jassi give a preengagment party at her house to give the news to her friends!! cant he do the same??

Also it was evident from tommorrows episode that now he knows that meenakshi is not exactly his friend, he trusted her and she stabed him in the back. Now he will keep away from her. Knowing that some old friend used to love you doesnt gives you a reason to not keep friendly relationship with her!! I mean when they must have seperated for such a long time they must have been over each other He is not a phsyciatrist to understand each and everything what some women thinks. Also he is not a jyotish to predict what turn somebody will take and when!! He puts his trust in people he belives he knows now each time he is back stabbed doesnt makes it his mistake does it!!

Also, I agree that maybe jassi felt bad at being over exposed. but dont you think she should have taken it as a change, I am not angry at her for not dancing with purab but at the start when she was being introduced to mehta's in the begining she had no reason to run from there!! Till then atleast meenakshi hadnt said anything!! It was a clear mis-understanding and there she ran away why?? See you your self said that one of your neighbours acts like jassi acted yesterday, and you yourself know that what that women is doing is not the right thing to be done!! If her husband is not embarassed being seen with her why does she needs to be embarresed. I have a friend whom you can was the biggest flirt, you can see him with diffrent girl everyweek, these girls could give models a run for thier money, but today he is married to a not so good looking girl, he attends his buisness party she accompanies him, maybe people must be saying behind her back about her looks. But she doesnt cares. Also, It is not like that after her marriage she hasnt changed she has, she dresses much better, she is not a shy person. Previously she didnt used to dance with him, now she does!! Its like he brought positive changes in her and she has grown well under them.

Purab was doing exactly that yesterday, It takes courage for someone to teach his wouldbe dance on floor in front of all those people. Only if jassi had gone along with him then she would have felt much better, Meenakshi would have felt too embaressed to say anything further. and none of the other thing would have happened. But if you are afraid of change then its not your partners fault. Also by doing as meenakshi had expected jassi just proved her right!!

In the end all that jassi did yesterday, is break her home when it was compared to somebody else house!!

Maybe houses can be beautiful, but they arent always homes.

Jammy.

tamanna Groupbie
tamanna
tamanna

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 12:28am | IP Logged

Agreed Minnie.

If Purab knows Jassi so well he ought to have known that she'll not be home at "his" kind of party. The least he could have done was to warn her about the kind of people she'll need to interact with. High society is not new to Jassi (thanks to Gulmohur) but so far she has always been in the other side of the table. Now she is suddenly in the midst of all the glitz and obviously she was uneasy. And Purab did nothing to help her!!! Jassi felt akward and moved off when Meenakshi entered the scene. The least Purab could have done was call her back and made the introduction!!! But no, he stood there and didn't seem to mind that Meenakshi's attempts to monopolize him!!!

One think struck me very odd. The Purab Mehra Diwali Bash was supposed to be a HUGE affair. And in such affairs when you want to make a public announcement you usually make everybody gather around and make the announcement. So, what was Purab thinking? Did he think he'll take Jassi to each and every invitee and make the introductions? Ridiculous!!!!

Go to top