Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Jassi's Behavior @ the Party (Page 3)

lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 12:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pj04

minnie , i think he was in as much shock as jassi , maybe more so when he saw her leave with armaan. i guess he wants to give her time to cool down...besides it makes no sense for him to run after her after repeated explanations. as for letting go ....there is only as much a guy can do...the point is what jassi expected him to do about it.he too could have avoided the dance (giving an impression that he was aware that jassi was not to his standard)but he did not, he even tried to teach her in front of everybody while everybody is evaluating jassi and probably snickering at purab(the risk purab took by doing this shows his confidence and pride in jassi )

If he had made it a point to introduce Jassi as his fiance right at the beginning of the party no misunderstanding would have taken place. And I believe that if he thinks Jassi is the right choice for him he need not prove to anybody in this world that she is right for him. Those who want to accept them will do and those who don't will not or may take time to come around once they get to know Jassi. Their was no need to force her to dance in front of everyone when he knew the everybody's attention is focused on Jassi and she is uncomfortable.

moreover instead of going behind jassi to talk to her after she overheard the conv between him and Meenakshi, he decided to confront Meenakshi to set her straight.. What is more important talking to Jassi knowing that she is hurt by what Meenakshi said or clearing up with Meenakshi.

deadly Senior Member
deadly
deadly

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
I guess both were wrong in their own way ! Purab shouldn't haven't forced Jassi to dance. And Jassi shouldn't have ran away like that.
lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
agree with you deadly. I was surprised that Jassi walked off initially when Purab tried to introduce her to the mehta's
anitha.b IF-Dazzler
anitha.b
anitha.b

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 1:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by deadly

I guess both were wrong in their own way ! Purab shouldn't haven't forced Jassi to dance. And Jassi shouldn't have ran away like that.

very well said deadly...

tali dono haath se bachte hain...ek haat se nahin...Clap

I think it was a very human way of response and it is so nice to read everyone's opionions...it is nice that we catch so much of details in the serial. Jammy had wonderful points and so did Minnie, Yashi and Puja....

surnita Goldie
surnita
surnita

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Well said minnie - I think it was really cruel to make Jassi dance when she was obviously dying a million deaths on the dance floor - and he just wouldnt let it go!  I felt really sorry for her.
eshasrk IF-Sizzlerz
eshasrk
eshasrk

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jammy

Originally posted by Minnie

It also shows he wants Jassi to quickly take up the ways of the world whether she is ready or not.He could instead have asked Jassi whether she wanted to dance or not.He knows she comes from a different world than his own where these things are not taken for granted.It was his party.He should have understood Jassi might not be mentally prepared to deal with their personal relationship at such a large scale right now.He could have introduced her to a lot more ppl as his fiancee before thrusting her right in front of the whole world & expect her to feel elated abt it.

He told Jassi once,'you don't know Meenakshi' implying he knew her.Then he also should have had the foresight to know that Meenakshi might lash out at Jassi and try to insult her or create uncomfortable situations once she knew abt them.Yet he literally dragged Jassi into it.Jassi was humiliated and hurt.Anyone in her position,no matter how bright,would feel hurt and would react.The reaction might differ but reaction would come.That's human.Jassi has always been running away from situations which she feels is beyond her.It might not be right but that's how she is. That's how she met Purab in the first place,didn't she?

I dont agree minnie, Him dancing with her was to proove that his choice is not as bad as meenakshi was trying to tell the people in announcement. and he wanted to tell people that he didnt changed him self for a wrong girl.

Also when you said that he should have introduced her to people before throwing jassi in spotlight. Then before the dance thing happened he was trying to do the very same thing, But jassi ran away. It was not his mistake. Again the dance thing was not his mistake, It was initiated by meenakshi and he just wanted to show his support for jassi and prove meenakshi wrong. But unfortunately jassi acted the way meena had wanted and that is the reason why he was so angry at meena for hurting jassi this way. Had he not danced with jassi and just left her there alone, then it would have felt that he is embaressed by his choice which he is not!! Had he not responded the way he did then you would have something else to say against and him and even I would have said that he is embaressed. But by what he did yesterday shows that he is firm on his choice.

Also, I can understand that jassi felt humiliated and hurt , but it was all her fault. If she hadnt ran away when purab was going to introduce her to mehta's and meena none of this would have happened. Meena felt more hurt and revengeful because she told jassi her intimate details. When all the things that meena said to jassi had I been there, I would have cut her in mid sentence and make it clear to meena that purab was my fiancee. But jassi remained quite this opened a venrubility of hers to meena that she herself is not so confident about her relationship with purab and thus she never stopped meena from talking all that crap. Had jassi stopped her then and there, meena would have got the message that jassi is a no nonsense type and she would have thought that she would not take everything lying down.

Jammy.

Totally agree with you Jammy.

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 2:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by surnita

Well said minnie - I think it was really cruel to make Jassi dance when she was obviously dying a million deaths on the dance floor - and he just wouldnt let it go!  I felt really sorry for her.

i agree surnita, it was cruel but impossible to avoid...if you get a chance to see the rerun...you will find everyone backs out leaving them in middle..unless purab specifically said he did not want to dance...he could not have done anything else. his refusal would have even more underlined thier differences and opened them to speculation. more fodder for rumours...i guess purab thought he could carry it off and he would have, had jassi made a small attempt to work with him. i have been in situation like that once and found that instead of avoiding it ,the way is to dance for two mins with a smile and ask everyone to join in while you quietly slip away.

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 16 November 2004 at 2:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by JODY

or they could have walked off together.

though a little hard yet yes it could be done. that would have definately satisfied meena .as i said jody purab probably thought he could pull it off....now along with us , he also knows he was wrong.....from today's update he is shown wondering why would someone like jassi ( he apparently thinks she is too brave)run away...i guess he attributes more strength and credit to jassi than she really deserves.

Go to top