Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Dekho yaaron...this is a very common tactic Jassi uses throughout the serial.

Armaan ke saath Naaraaz ... to Purab ka sahara

Purab ke saath Naaraaz ... to Armaan ka sahara

Dono ke saath Naaraaz ... to Nandu ka sahara

Agar Nandu se bhi naaraaz ... to Papaji hain na!

Talk about being an independent and strong woman. ... Jassi jaissi sachch mein koi nahin! 😛

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: jammy

I dont agree minnie, Him dancing with her was to proove that his choice is not as bad as meenakshi was trying to tell the people in announcement. and he wanted to tell people that he didnt changed him self for a wrong girl.

Also when you said that he should have introduced her to people before throwing jassi in spotlight. Then before the dance thing happened he was trying to do the very same thing, But jassi ran away. It was not his mistake. Again the dance thing was not his mistake, It was initiated by meenakshi and he just wanted to show his support for jassi and prove meenakshi wrong. But unfortunately jassi acted the way meena had wanted and that is the reason why he was so angry at meena for hurting jassi this way. Had he not danced with jassi and just left her there alone, then it would have felt that he is embaressed by his choice which he is not!! Had he not responded the way he did then you would have something else to say against and him and even I would have said that he is embaressed. But by what he did yesterday shows that he is firm on his choice.

Jammy.

Jammy,you are not getting my point or simply disagreeing because you want to support Purab no matter what.The point is,why does he have to prove to anyone in the first place that his choice is right?Why does he care for Meena's or anyone else's opinion so much?He chose Jassi with open eyes knowing these kind of parties or company is not what she is used to as far as personal front is concerned.She was the cynosure of all eyes.Everyone was putting her under a microscope and she was supposed  to brave it all?Whether he changed or not is no one else's buisness.He should have gone on the stage & told the world that yes he had changed for Jassi and he is proud of it or that she showed him what a life partner should be like and then probably gently asked Jassi whether she would like to dance.Handled this way,Jassi would have had the time to gather herself and the choice would have been hers.Maybe even she could have said something in support of their relationship.Instesd he just chose to force her into dancing,pressurising her to perform while everyone gawking at her.All this just to prove Meenakshi was wrong and he was right?There are plenty of other ways to show the world of your support or that you are proud of your choice.

He should have let the world know Jassi was his fiancee before he threw the party.Or maybe he could have waited until engagement was official before throwing such a wild party and expecting Jassi to lap it all up.I think Jammy you have never seen anyone who is already underconfident about herself being snubbed or insulted abt the very thing they are vulnerable abt.Speech is the first thing that deserts you.Rational thinking is another.Jassi never had the confidence where her personal relations came.Publicly standing up for herself is alien to her.What was she supposed to do?Change overnight ?

I personally think Purab could have done much better.I have always put forth my points to support Armaan and even Jassi but if Purab was right,I never made it a point to criticise him just for the sake of it.It's not his fault but he could have handled everything better.Similarly Jassi could have stood up but it's not in her nature so don't make her a culprit to prove whatever Purab does is right.

My point is,everyone behaved in exactly the way they were supposed to.That's their nature.How can we even be angry at Jassi for being herself?what did we expect,she would become catty like Mallika or street smart like the gang in a split second? Jassi did what she has always been doing.She escaped a situation she couldn't handle. 

sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ver well said Mystica.👏👏👏
yashika thumbnail

c'mon minnie...after reading yr posts i get the feeling that no matter what purab does, you somehow have to find a way to prove that he was wrong ...just because you just cannot bring yourself to acknowledge that the guy was right...ever...if he does everything right he is sneered at and ridiculed that he is not realistic and that such idealism is nauseating....and if he does something which may not be categorized as ideal behaviour but in a way human.... after all it is human to react differently in different situations as one is not conditioned to behave in a certain manner all the time.....he gets criticized for NOT being an angel and behaving absolutely correctly.....well he is damned if he does it and he is damned if he doesn't....right

as far as yesterday's episode is concerned....purab had not thrown the party to announce his engagment...for god's sake it was not a pre engagement party..it was a diwali party...and corporate big shots are expected to throw such lavish parties on such occasions (my companiy's chairman threw one on diwali and all those who matter in teh industry were invited...)...and it was meenakshi who insisted on knowing who his mystery woman was...what shld he have done....ignored her repeated requests...had he done that we wld have been debating whether he was embarrased of jassi.....when he happily tries to introduce her to mehtas...she walks out on him....it was not as if he was going to make an announcement or something...she was just with mehtas and meenakshi.... and after that too purab continues to look for her just to be able to spk to her but she keeps on avoiding him...if she was uncomfortable because of her insecurities..all she had to do was to let purab know abt it ...i mean doesn't she consider him to be a good friend....she cld have told him taht she was feeling un comfortable and wld like to leave...but no, she chose to sulk in  a corner....and why are we blaming purab for meenakshi's viscious behaviour anyways...she reacted in such an extreme way because she had just a little while back opened her heart out to jassi and was keen on making her pay for seeing her vulnerable part...how on earth cld purab have guessed that she wld be faced with such a situation and wld react so abhorrently......do we always react in predicable ways...are our reactions always conditioned......don't ceratin situations extract the worst out of us....our raections sometimes surprise us too.......how cld then purab guess what cld happen, how meeankshi wld react...they ahd been out of touch for 7 years .....he is not a mind reader anyways...and why shld purab have reacted to meena after her little speech....had he reacted it wld have meant he was giving too much importance to what she was saying....sometimes ignoring such things is best as by doing so you dilute their importance....it is like whatever was said was not even worth responding to......as far as dance is concered it was not as if tehy were supposed to do salsa...they were just supposed to move slowly to teh music and purab did his best to make jassi feel comfortable....what does she do...almost pushes him away rudely...what's new anyways..she does that to him all teh time....and she is supposed to be the epitome of maturity and understanding ...yeah sure !

as far as purab not contradicting meena saying jassi was not his ideal woman..when did jassi give him the chance... he tried saying something but she just cut him off and walked out on him ....leaving him high and dry again.....and i am gald he did not follow her....he has done that enough number of times and it is abt time that jassi stops treating him as her punching bag or her doormat.....and anyways i am sure had he followed her a lot of people wld have said that he has no self respect and that he follows her like a dog..as has been said countless times in teh past whenevr he went after her to apologize to her for no fault of his or just to explain things.....jassi's insecurity, her lack of confidence etc was may be justifiable given meenakshi's tirade against her but that does not mean taht she ahd to blame purab for it.....i mean purab is one guy who ahs loved her unconditionally despite her so called percieved inadequacies...here the culprit was meenakshi and not purab.....but as usual she dumped the entire blame very conveniently on purab and walked out on him.......😕

Edited by yashika - 19 years ago
pj04 thumbnail

very strong view yashi....but i agree with you👏. i still cannot get over the fact that someone would leave thier fiance high and dry like that opening him up to public ridicule ,instead of presenting joint front .....when there are people watching so closely.

jassi must be 24 years old , she has had a lifetime dealing with her lack of looks (to me she is no different than her gang and i don't see them falling into pieces everytime) still she has to go blame it on her looks evertime(right from board meeting...that was embarrassing to purab's diwali party). i just wish she would get over her insecurities for once and take a long hard look at the hard time she gives others.the worst part is while she goes weeping and embarassed about her look , she wants to do nothing about it.

sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Very true Yashika.Even in today's episode she blamed Purab for keeping quiet when meenakshi commented on 'ideal woman'.But where did she give a chance for him to explain.She just ran away conveniently with her Armaan sir.I do not understand why the hell is she being praised everytime by her dad when she is most of the time doing wrong things.She is such a spoiled kid.T&D takes viewers for granted.They r thinking we viewers r just fools.Just because the story is titled as jassi jaisi koi nahin doesn't mean jassi is always right and such a praise worthy person. Jassi atleast can try to behave in a sensible way attimes if not always.
lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pj04

minnie , i think he was in as much shock as jassi , maybe more so when he saw her leave with armaan. i guess he wants to give her time to cool down...besides it makes no sense for him to run after her after repeated explanations. as for letting go ....there is only as much a guy can do...the point is what jassi expected him to do about it.he too could have avoided the dance (giving an impression that he was aware that jassi was not to his standard)but he did not, he even tried to teach her in front of everybody while everybody is evaluating jassi and probably snickering at purab(the risk purab took by doing this shows his confidence and pride in jassi )

If he had made it a point to introduce Jassi as his fiance right at the beginning of the party no misunderstanding would have taken place. And I believe that if he thinks Jassi is the right choice for him he need not prove to anybody in this world that she is right for him. Those who want to accept them will do and those who don't will not or may take time to come around once they get to know Jassi. Their was no need to force her to dance in front of everyone when he knew the everybody's attention is focused on Jassi and she is uncomfortable.

moreover instead of going behind jassi to talk to her after she overheard the conv between him and Meenakshi, he decided to confront Meenakshi to set her straight.. What is more important talking to Jassi knowing that she is hurt by what Meenakshi said or clearing up with Meenakshi.

deadly thumbnail
I guess both were wrong in their own way ! Purab shouldn't haven't forced Jassi to dance. And Jassi shouldn't have ran away like that.
lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
agree with you deadly. I was surprised that Jassi walked off initially when Purab tried to introduce her to the mehta's
anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: deadly

I guess both were wrong in their own way ! Purab shouldn't haven't forced Jassi to dance. And Jassi shouldn't have ran away like that.

very well said deadly...

tali dono haath se bachte hain...ek haat se nahin...👏

I think it was a very human way of response and it is so nice to read everyone's opionions...it is nice that we catch so much of details in the serial. Jammy had wonderful points and so did Minnie, Yashi and Puja....