Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil
Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil

India-Forums

New Shot-Time (The Little Things-2014/Nov 23) pg19

HCDeewani Senior Member
HCDeewani
HCDeewani

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Hello guys! How is everyone's week so far? Hoping all is well Smile.
This writing piece is going to consist of 3-4 shots. I'll post each shot every few days. Juggling work and hobby is not very easyConfused. Prem aur Heer ke liye kya kya nahin karte hum sabLOL. Also, who else is super excited about Harshad's new show?? I know I am! I've begun the count down Big smileParty!!
Anyway, I hope you all like it. And please comments and criticism is always welcome. It's the only way I'll learn from my mistakes. Embarrassed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time

The Taxi

"I am dead meat today," Heer mumbled to herself. " Boss is going to strangle me!" She was running late...extremely late! She was supposed to be in the office at 8:30am, so she could prepare everything for the meeting that started at 9am. He gave her the responsibity to make sure it was all up to date.

Heer looked at her watch and cursed again. This was not her day. She'd woken up at 7am (late), her alarm clock battery had died at exactly 4:07am.  

At 7:45am she got into her car and to her misfortune, the car wouldn't start. She called to get it towed to the mechanics, but the tow company informed her the wait time was over 4 hours. She was starting to get frustrated. Seeing no other way out, she grabbed her things from the car and ran toward the main road, to hail a taxi.

8:05am, and not a single taxi was available. She also missed the bus, and found out the next bus wouldn't come for another hour.

8:11am, she finally hailed a taxi and scrambled into the back seat. "2021 Kornell Street, as fast you possibly can please," she quickly requested.

8:20am, her phone rang. She looked at it knowing all too well who would be calling her.

Incoming call: Mr. Sexy' aka her boss.

She didn't dare pick up the call, instead she ignored it and put her phone to vibrate.

8:22am, and they hit some serious traffic. Heer looked at the time and started to panic, "Oh god. How long do you think this is going to take?"
The taxi driver replied sleepily, "I dunno. Could be an hour, could be 10 minutes. I'm not a psychic.."
Heer glared at him.

8:31am, her phone vibrated:
Incoming call: Mr. Sexy"

She groaned, "Hai Bhagwan, why did all this have to happen today?" There was no way she was going to take this call. She knew exactly what he would say, and it definitely wouldn't be compliments.

Her phone vibrated, she thought it was his call again, but turned out to be a text from her friend/co-worker.

Veera: where are you??
Heer: I'm running late. Stuck in traffic, long story.
Veera: Mr. Sexy here looks like he's about to blow his top.
Heer: great. 
Veera: he's pacing around the office asking if anyone has heard from you.
Heer: oh god.
Veera: He looks absolutely furious.
Heer: You're not helping.
Veera: sorry. But more than anything, he looks concerned.
Heer: he called twice. I didn't pick up.
Veera: WHY?!
Heer: you know how he is. He's famous for his temper.
Veera: yeah,  but still.
Heer: he's going to yell at me. I know it.
Veera: you think ignoring his calls are gonna make him feel happy? Call him back and tell him you're running late.
Heer: we have that meeting today. I'm going to be late to that . Either way, he's going to strangle me.
Veera: he wont. Yeah, he can be a bit of an ass sometimes, but not to you. In fact, now that I think about it, I rarely see him upset when you're around. Maybe he likes you.
Heer: oh shush. You that's not true. Why would he like me? But, that's beside the point!! He hasn't yelled at me before, I don't want to start now.
Veera: I guess. Except today.
Heer: sigh...well we're moving finally. I'll be there in a bit. Hopefully.
Veera: okay, but hurry! Otherwise Mr. Sexy WILL have your head on a plate.

Heer's boss is very  young for what he has achieved in his life so far. He's the CEO of his company. His father passed away leaving the heavily indebted company in his name. He was only 19.  He nurtured and brought the company from the dirt, up to the sky. His hard work paid off. Now 7 years later at the age of 26, he's the owner of a multi-million dollar company, he's won the best business man of the year' award, and he's the most eligible bachelor of the nation.
Her boss is a very hard worker. Heer admired that. He appreciated the hard work, loyalty, and talent his employees showed him. 
Heer figured, that being burdened under such a responsibility at a tender age, made him grow up faster than he should have. It made him a little rude, a little arrogant, and a little unforgiving.

Heer looked at her phone, 20 missed calls: Mr.Sexy'.

"Bhagwan, thodi si help kardo. I promise main 1 pound jalebi parsad mein chadaoongi. Please? Varna kya pata, woh mujhe aap hi ke paas bhej dega." (God, please help me a bit. I promise I'll give an offering of jalebi's. Please help, otherwise who knows? He might just send me straight to you)

8:55am, the taxi finally made it to the front of the office. Heer jumped  out and paid the taxi driver. She ran into the building, coming to a halt at the elevators. There was no way she was taking the stairs to the 41st floor.

Her breathing had gotten shallow from the panic she felt earlier. She repeatedly pressed the 'up' button, as if it would make the elevator come down faster.

8:57am, finally the ding indicated that elevators were opening up. She didn't even wait for the people to exit the lift. She just barged her way in, excusing herself and apologising. 

She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath as she leaned into the far back side of the lift. Someone cleared their throat and she heard the lift's doors closing. She didn't bother to open her eyes, she just requested, "Floor 41 please."

"Miss. Mann," a deep voice called out.

The color from Heer's face drained completely. She slowly opened her eyes, keeping he gaze on the floor. The black Armani shoes, the black designer pants and jacket; it was his signature style. Heer gulped. His jet black hair was gelled up today, and his deep brown eyes looked distant and fierce. He was scowling at her, daring her to say something.
"I..I..I can ex..-" Heer stuttered.

"Where. Have. You. Been?" asked, Prem Juneja in a clipped tone.

----------------------------
good? bad? horrible?

love,
NKHeart

Links:

The Taxi: Above

Edited by HCDeewani - 23 November 2014 at 2:29am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

-Giya-shirlyssnehasharmaAfee.harshitiNeha12345xxxanitasharmatarannum6-Moutushi-AASUSPremeer_Diwanikiran_28

-Giya- Senior Member
-Giya-
-Giya-

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 3:31am | IP Logged
lovely start. pls continue...Day Dreaming

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HCDeewani

kiran_28 IF-Sizzlerz
kiran_28
kiran_28

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Heyyy y did u stopped at cliff hanger...Angry
Pls..pls i want continuation... Asap...plsss

HCDeewani

HCDeewani Senior Member
HCDeewani
HCDeewani

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Giya-

lovely start. pls continue...Day Dreaming

Hello! Thank you! will do so. Maybe even tonight Wink

Edited by HCDeewani - 16 September 2014 at 8:43am
HCDeewani Senior Member
HCDeewani
HCDeewani

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kiran_28

Heyyy y did u stopped at cliff hanger...Angry
Pls..pls i want continuation... Asap...plsss

hehe Evil Smile. I will continue, hopefully tonight Big smile thanks for the comment dear!
anitasharma Goldie
anitasharma
anitasharma

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Great start
loved it
continue soon

HCDeewani

shirlys Senior Member
shirlys
shirlys

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Plllzzz continue...cant wait for the next update

HCDeewani

snehasharma Senior Member
snehasharma
snehasharma

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Prem juneja angry young man , wow lovely start , do continue :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HCDeewaniAASUS

Go to top