DeepikaP's twitter outburst-stunt or statement

Kulfii. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
There are some who believe Deepika's reaction is a "well timed stunt" to bolster the collections of her just released Finding Fanny and also to propel the chances of her big Diwali extravaganza Happy New Year co-starring Shah Rukh Khan, if you please. (Source: Varinder Chawla)
Written by Harneet Singh | Mumbai | Posted: September 15, 2014 2:16 pm | Updated: September 15, 2014 3:04 pm

It's tough being a female actor in Bollywood. Even if on screen this is the year of the Girls, off screen we continue to live up to our (miss) marketing pitch of No Country for Girls... heroines included.

On Sunday, Bollywood's Number 1 female star Deepika Padukone declared twitter war on a leading newspaper for publishing a gallery of tasteless images featuring her. The web post titled "OMG: Deepika Padukone's Cleavage Show" were all top-angle shots, unaesthetic and definitely put up with the intention to outrage the actor's modesty. Deepika's retort: "YES! I am a Woman. I have breasts AND a cleavage! You got a problem!!??" was no-nonsense and resounding.

While Deepika Padukone amassed a thunderous wave of online support from her film industry colleagues, thought leaders and fans, predictably there are some backstage naysayers who see everything with Bollywood tinted glasses of cynicism. Just like Preity Zinta's complaint of misbehaviour of her ex boyfriend and Kings XI Punjab co owner Ness Wadia, was labelled as a "fading star's meltdown" and "publicity stunt", there are some who believe Deepika's reaction is a "well timed stunt" to bolster the collections of her just released Finding Fanny and also to propel the chances of her big Diwali extravaganza Happy New Year co-starring Shah Rukh Khan, if you please.

Talk of synchronicity! So let me get this right. If a female actor (who mind you, is at the top of her game) speaks up against objectification at the time of her film's release then its publicity. And if she does so when her film is not releasing then again it's for publicity because she is seeking a career revival and needs to be in circulation. So basically, a female actor can't express her opinion about herself and her portrayal. Ever. Talk about diabolical. Take a bow, misogyny.

If a top Bollywood female star has to go through the line of fire for taking a stand for herself then can you imagine what it's like for regular girls in our country who are not as empowered? No Country for Girls, like I said.

If this is a publicity stunt then well, it's a great one because it once again exposes our hypocrisy in how we treat our women, especially those who speak continued...

- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/deepika-padukones-twitter-outburst-stunt-or-statement/#sthash.8o6entyG.nMZjF4bQ.dpuf

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

silly_boy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thank god someone posted a credible article on this issue.Haters have already started accusing of pr pr.Even a hater made a post of some random blogger.such sick ppl exist in the world.ok whatever pleases them.but my point is even the worst case even it is a publicity stunt than also i will be more than happy if it changes the journalism and how women are objectified.but haters are forgetting the actual issue and started the fanwar again.again whatever pleases them.
light_year thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
SELINA_MV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Why need to discuss about something dat we knew just came from negative person. Let them be what they want. If they want to brought it to personal, so, go on! Never let negative person to drag you into their negative thinking too. If someone barks at you, don't bark back. The victims here not only Deepika, but their lovely actress too, like Katrina, anushka and Asin.

Hoping.. there are no stupid and vulgar competition like this anymore in the world. I stand with Deepika. At least for this kind of thing.
vib. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Im really disappointed with This Nonsence girl! She was the first one to accuse Katrina when something similar happened! If you can't respect a woman don't expect others to respect you!!
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

I am not getting the point why people are showing this statement over and over again...what is the relevance of this??? Deepika was not caught in an act ...was she??? Someone made a comment about her cleavage...and then said it was a compliment...and she defended herself...How do these situations even match...can someone please explain...that how are u guys putting 2+2 together?? Remember that I am a Kat fan and I was mighty pissed when Deepu said this about Kat...but how is that related to this incident is my question???
meera27 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Taking pictures is fine. It is invasion of privacy but thats what happens if you are a celeb.
Take this : Ranveer was spotted with Deepika in NYC Cafe kissing and pictures splashed all over. She cannot question the media because they were publishing a news with the headlines about both of them spotted together.

If they publish something like ...Ranveer's penis and Deepika's cleavage were spotted OMG!! That's definitely cheap and the buck stops there.

This is what I think. Katrina's case and this case are two different things. Kat's headline was Kat spotted with Ranbir in a  bikini. Not OMG...Kat's cleavage exposure for Ranbir.

Seeing how people here compare these two events in the same view..I really want to know if my views are wrong or am I missing something? I do not claim that am correct...just enlighten me if you think am mistaken.
Edited by meera27 - 9 years ago
Kulfii. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Talk of synchronicity! So let me get this right. If a female actor (who mind you, is at the top of her game) speaks up against objectification at the time of her film's release then its publicity. And if she does so when her film is not releasing then again it's for publicity because she is seeking a career revival and needs to be in circulation. So basically, a female actor can't express her opinion about herself and her portrayal. Ever. Talk about diabolical. Take a bow, misogyny.

This! 

zohasad2.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
S----T-----U-----N-----T

as simple as that🤢
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: meera27

Taking pictures is fine. It is invasion of privacy but thats what happens if you are a celeb.

Take this : Ranveer was spotted with Deepika in NYC Cafe kissing and pictures splashed all over. She cannot question the media because they were publishing a news with the headlines about both of them spotted together.

If they publish something like ...Ranveer's penis and Deepika's cleavage were spotted OMG!! That's definitely cheap and the buck stops there.

This is what I think. Katrina's case and this case are two different things. Kat's headline was Kat spotted with Ranbir in a  bikini. Not OMG...Kat's cleavage exposure for Ranbir.

Seeing how people here compare these two events in the same view..I really want to know if my views are wrong or am I missing something? I do not claim that am correct...just enlighten me if you think am mistaken.

Finally someone made sense👏