Thanks a lot pari
I'm missing her too
Will update asap
Glad that you liked it
Posted: 9 years ago
Part5

He left the cabin and she kept looking at him

AFTER SOME TIME

She didn't wanted to think about the consequences of her divorce and so she kept herself busy in doing some or the other work. Vardhan too noticed that she was working continuously. He went to her desk and asked her, "Theek ho tum?" She nodded her head in a yes. "Is there some urgent work? Shall I help you?" , he asked anxiously. "No. Thanks", she said as she smiled faintly at him. He moved for the lectures but he knew that something was bothering her.

Even during the lecture he was not able to concentrate on his work. He was worried for her. He came inside the class and sat on the chair lost in his own thoughts. The students stood up but he didn't pay attention to them. Five minutes passed but he was not starting the lecture. The students were confused at his behaviour. They started murmuring about all the possible reasons in each others ears. Vardhan came out of his trance hearing the students mumble. "Just shut up you all. A bunch of farzi engineers.", he yelled at them. There was pin drop silence in the class. He started the lecture and taught with great difficulty. Her thoughts kept hovering in his mind. The lecture ended and he moved towards the cabin. He smiled as he saw the sight in front of him. 

"You people cannot complete any of your work on time. Get it done fast.", Maya said to a professor

His old Maya was back. Shouting and yelling at the staff members. He turned to leave and stopped midway.

Vardhan's POV

My Maya??? What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I thinking this way? I suppose I need to take some rest. I think I've lost it completely. I need to stay away from her

End of POV

He tried hard to keep her thoughts away and so he finally decided to go to the place where he always found his solace, the mechanical lab. He went there and started working on a motor. He soon got occupied with it. Once he felt better, he went on to give the remaining lectures. Both of them were engrossed in their respective works. It kept them busy till the evening.

AT EVENING

Vardhan had finished all his lectures and he moved to collect his stuff from the cabin. He saw that Maya was still immersed in her files. He entered the cabin but she was so engrossed in those files that she failed to notice his presence. He collected his laptop and few books and was about to leave when he stopped at the door and looked at his watch. "Maya, aren't you getting late today?", he asked. She raised her head up and asked confused, "Huh... what did you say?" "I said that aren't you getting late?" She glanced at her watch and it showed the time 8 o'clock. Her expressions changed in a second. She quickly closed all her files and stuffed them in her bag. "Rishi might be calling on the landline", she thought. Vardhan came to her and held her wrist. "Don't panic Maya", he said in a rather modest voice. "But Rishi...", she tried explaining but was cut by him in the middle "You told me that Rishi is not here. So why are you getting worried? And I told you that now you don't need to be scared of him"

She knew that there was no use of arguing with Vardhan as he will not listen to her. "I need to go fast" she said and got up to leave. "I'll drop you", he said.

"There's no need Vardhan, I'll manage", she tried refusing him. 

"No more arguments Maya. I will come to drop you and that's final", he said.

She knew that she had no other option other than listening to him. They moved towards the parking lot and got in his car. There was utter silence as none of them spoke a word. Vardhan was riving and Maya was looking outside the window. She was getting restless and was not able to bear the silence. So she finally decided to break the ice.

"Thank you", she said looking at him. "For what?", he asked still not looking at her. "For everything Vardhan. Thanks for being with me, for helping me. For everything you did. It could have never been possible if I was alone. Thanks for all that you have done", she spoke her heart out. He kept looking at her for a while and then averted his gaze. For an instant he felt that was she the same Maya who use to always argue with him and could do anything to defeat him?'

"No need to thank me. Its all because of your efforts.", he said. 

She looked a bit nervous while talking with him. He noticed that. He took her palm in his hand and pressed it slightly to assure her. She kept looking at him for a while.

They reached at the gate of her house. "Thanks Vardhan", she said as she got down the car. "Why are you thanking me again?" he asked her. "For dropping me here. Good night", she said and smiled coyly. "Take care. And call me if you need anything. Good night" he wished her back and drove off.

She smiled as she was walking. She removed the keys and tried to open the door but it was not opening. She pushed it a bit hardly. But sill it was not opening. She was confused when suddenly someone opened the door from inside. It was Rishi. She was shocked to see him. "R..Ris..Rishi... a...aap kab aaye?", she stuttered. "Accha? Why do you care? Mere against divorce case toh file kar hi liya tune ab wapas yaha mere hi ghar mein laut aayi hai.", he said. "Rishi aa..ab main kaha jau?", she asked sobbing. "Oh...Accha? Ok then. Come in", he said smirking evilly. She gulped her saliva and took a step backwards. Rishi swiftly pulled her inside and latched the door. "Kya socha tha tune? Tujhe itni aasani se jaane dunga main?" he asked her. "Please let me go Rishi", she cried pleading him. He slapped her mercilessly and dragged her by her hair. "Please leave me" she said. She pushed him away. He got angry and went inside. He brought a bag and threw it in her direction. "Tujhe toh ab main court mein dekh lunga. Mujhe cheat karne ki saza tujhe jarur milegi.", he roared.

"Rishi please. Maine kitni bar kaha aapse. I didn't cheat you. Why don't you trust me?", she shouted at him. This was for the first time that she talked with him with enough audacity. "Ek divorce case kya file kar liya tune, mujhse aawaz unchi karke baat karne lagi tu? You will regret doing this", he said as he opened the door and pushed her outside. "I've not done anything for which I'll have to regret", she said as she took her bag and started moving. "Dobara yaha nazar bhi mat aana", he said and slammed the door. Tears started flowing from her eyes as she moved out.

Maya's POV

Where will I go now? I should have known that he will do something like this. But what will I do now? Shall I call Vardhan? No. I shouldn't disturb him so late. I'll have to manage everything alone

End of POV

She wiped her tears and started looking for a cab. She stopped a cab and got into it. She asked the driver to leave her to some nearby hotel. She reached there and paid the driver. She opened her purse and saw that she was having a few cash. She fetched her credit card and sighed as she was having it with her. She rented a room and went inside. She kept crying and cursing her fate to show her such days. 

NEXT MORNING

She woke up late as she slept late at night. She hurriedly got ready and rushed for the college. Fortunately she got a cab and she soon reached the college. She was moving towards her cabin. All the while she kept thinking whether she should inform Vardhan or no.

She reached the cabin but was lost in her thoughts. He saw her coming and wished her good morning', but there was no reply from her. He walked upto her and snapped his fingers before her face. She came out of her thoughts and looked at him. She got a bit tensed. He looked at her and saw that her eyes were swollen.

"Why did you cry?", he asked her.

"How did you come to know?", she retorted.

"Anyone can say that looking at your face", he said.

She looked down

"Will you tell me?", he asked a bit loudly.

"Rishi came back yesterday. He asked me to leave the house.", she said as a tear drop rolled down her cheek

"What? So where were you from yesterday? And why didn't you tell me?", he asked worried

"I went to a hotel. I didn't wanted to disturb you.", she said.

"Interesting very interesting. Maya I told you to call me if you need anything and you... You know how unsafe it is to roam alone at night", he sounded very angry as he said this.

"I'm sorry Vardhan. But I...", she was cut by him

"I don't want to hear any excuses Maya...", he was going to bash her but her tears stopped him from doing so. He realized what she might have faced. He composed himself and said, "So are you going to settle in that hotel now?"

"Yes. No. I mean... I don't know", she said out of confusion

He held her by her shoulder and said, "Don't worry. You can shift to the faculty housing. Till then I will search for some permanent place for you."

He said this and started walking away. He stopped midway and turned back. "Meet me down near the parking lot at afternoon. We will go and collect your stuff.", he said and moved out

She kept thinking. Her life had changed so much. Everything was changing. Even Vardhan. But she loved this change

PRECAP : Rishi: Ab dekhna Maya. Iss photo se toh saaf dikh raha hai ke tumhare aur us professor ke beech kya chal raha hai. Now I will destroy you completely

AN : Phew. Done with part5. Leave your precious comments and let me know how it was. Criticism is welcomed

Love Manu.

Wonderful update❀️
u have stream-like flow of words I read all previous parts in a single goπŸ˜›
Really well written
πŸ‘
Awesome.. great going... update soon 😊. . im waiting for more  πŸ‘
Hi partner
Now that was quick

I m so surprised n happy to see an update