Doubts & Discussions about HP book Series - Page 6

Posted: 9 years ago
"Eyes go blank" while the task is performed by the victim. After that person becomes normal . Remember madam rosmeta?
Originally posted by CoerCorash

"Eyes go blank" while the task is performed by the victim. After that person becomes normal . Remember madam rosmeta?
well thats not a very concrete observation either.. is it now?.. its not mentioned anywhere that such symptoms could be evident only while "performing the task"..and even if thats the case, Madam Rosmerta was indeed "performing the task" when she directed Dumbly & Harry towards Astronomy Tower..it may be that , they just didnt notice these subtle signs..may be its too difficult to notice evidences of impeious curse .. but even so, that doesnt explain why the veritaserum couldnt be used on people who claimed to be under the imperious curse & are now out of it..??.. 

When a correctly cast Imperius curse is terminated " for whatever reason " the victims become themselves again, as happened after the final defeat of Voldemort and the Death Eaters in the Battle of Hogwarts, when all of the people across the country who had been Imperiused by him or his supporters were released from the spell. Also, any pain that the curse has negated by the pleasant sensation would return, along with any other pain that the victim suffered for the duration of the curse.

From the above quoted paragraph , it is clear that those who claimed to be under the imperius curse themselves are out of the curse otherwise they wouldnt have realized that they were under the imperious curse, right?.. so then i dont understand what is the big mystery here?.. wouldnt Veritaserum do its job in such a situation..since these people were out of the imperious curse & claimed to be under it before, wouldnt Veritaserum help determine whether they are bluffing or telling the truth ? 

Moreover, the above quoted paragraph clearly says "released from the spell" which means that there indeed is a way of detecting & releasing people under imperious curse.. so if a proper judiciary or investigatory procedure is set in place wherein they first determine whether the convict is under the imperious curse or not & should be released from the spell or not ? ..& then proceed with the truth telling potion, it leaves no room for error at all..and since we are talking about magical means , i think its safe to assume that such things could be done quickly..so in other words, quick & efficient !
While escaping from privet drive while flying, harry spot stan the conducter and his eyes are blank. He thinks he is imperiused.
Originally posted by CoerCorash

While escaping from privet drive while flying, harry spot stan the conducter and his eyes are blank. He thinks he is imperiused.
Yes..and ur point ?.. oh, are u trying to provide evidences for the claim that " symptoms are visible only while performing the task" ?.. if thats what u were getting at, it still doesnt support the concerned argument.. Madam Rosmerta too could have displayed such signs, only that nobody noticed it since they are very subtle signs..its no where mentioned in the book that the symptoms are at their best "while performing the task"..but even if thats true, as mentioned earlier, Madam Rosmerta was "performing the task" when she directed Dumbly & Harry towards the Astronomy Tower & yet nobody noticed it..so i think its safe to assume that the symptoms are present as long as the spell cast is in effect  as opposed to " symptoms only during performing action" theory..
Book 3
Time turner.. (well its not about how it works..we know the loop hole there.)

Harry and Hermoine go back in time n save Sirius and cm bck in hospital wing w/o actu leaving the place..

Wen Snape comes Striding in hospital wing and asks Harry how he helped Sirius escape..
Dumbly says they didn't leave hospital wing,how cud they save Sirrius unless they can be at two places at one time... he directly gave away that they used TT.. didn't he?
I mean obviously Snape n Fudge knew TT exists..

And Didnt hermoine tell that McGonagall had to write all sorts of letters to the Ministry of Magic so she could have one. 

And r u telling me MINISTER OF MAGIC didnt know that HERMOINE had a TT or he believd she was just using it for lessons.. but even if thought so..was he dumb enough to ignore Dumbly's line..

And Snape was smart enough and he literaly 'knew' it was harry who helpd Sirius escape so it shudnt hv been tht diffclt to guess..

^^ Good one Almas !.. and so far on this thread, this one happens to be the only one that didnt cross my mind while reading the book !..👏..
As for my opinion on this particular doubt, i have only one thing to say - I AGREE ! 
@ Almas
Isnt it possible that Mcgonagal gave the TT to Hermoine by taking care of the fact that only few people know about it ( Dumbledore & the concerned Ministry department) & carefully hid it from anyone else (especially Snape, The Head of Slytherine House) out of fear of being accused of bias or special treatment for a Gryffindor student ?.. so its very much possible that Snape had no idea about the TT business..

As for Cornelious, he may or may not have known about the TT.. but since he was the Minister of Magic , i think its safe to assume that he might have been aware of this..however, Cornelious evnthough was a Minister of Magic didnt come across as that bright to me..also,may be he was too preoccupied with "Serius's another escape & media frenzy" to notice this subtle hints in the conversation between Dumbly & Harry-Hermoine...moreover, lets not forget , it was at the time that Cornelious depended on Dumbly for everything & also cared for Harry, so he trusted both of them at the time, so may be he simply didnt see any reason to be suspicious about the ongoing conversations..
 I am not satisfied that Snape Didn't know Hermoine had TT coz As a professor He must be knowing how many subjects HeRmy was taking that year, and I'm sure he wssnt clueless like Ron and kept wondering how hermy was taking so many sbjcts..attending all the clsses..

(Or he only cared abt his subjct? Don't think so..he once refreed Quiddicth match, he taunted Mcgongall that Gryffindor hasn't win the cup for 7yrs .. iam saying he did hv knowldge abt 'other things' Going in school)
I am not so sure about it Almas.. there was a lot of secrecy regarding the TT..McG made Hermoine swear not to reveal the secret..moreover, i dont think Snape would have even noticed Hermoine's schedule, that is strictly McG's job & Slytherine head Snape is very unlikely to have known about it.. 🤔.. plus, i think it is unlikely that any of the other teachers or staff would have known about it ( except Dumbly ofcourse ).. 
Almas, I think the only people who might have suspected about something would be the fellow Gryffindor students who noticed Hermione's mysterious comings & goings & exam schedule..but then again their guess might have been as good as Ron's..