Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ram Gopal Verma writes nasty stuff about Lord Ganesha, your opinions? - Page 6

KuKKad_MalHOTra thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I have a special place in my heart for Ganapati Bappa and it is my wish that I visit SiddiVinayak temple in Mumbai atleast once in my lifetime.
Having said that, if RGV had said something about Islam, he would have been dead today. So that itself shows the tolerance of all Hindus and respect for you all.
You can be an atheist if you want. Its your life. But at the same time, you don't have a right to demean someone's beliefs especially on a public platform, where it isn't even required. RGV has exploited his freedom of speech, especially on an auspicious day like Ganesh Chaturthi, which will naturally hurt people's sentiments.
If he really wanted to debate on the existence of Lord Ganesh, he can do it on a suitable platform say, where they are actually debating on religions. 
People in India do not value the freedom that they are given. Let him say the same things in Saudi about Islam and see where he goes in life. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: KuKKad_MalHOTra

I have a special place in my heart for Ganapati Bappa and it is my wish that I visit SiddiVinayak temple in Mumbai atleast once in my lifetime.

Having said that, if RGV had said something about Islam, he would have been dead today. So that itself shows the tolerance of all Hindus and respect for you all.
You can be an atheist if you want. Its your life. But at the same time, you don't have a right to demean someone's beliefs especially on a public platform, where it isn't even required. RGV has exploited his freedom of speech, especially on an auspicious day like Ganesh Chaturthi, which will naturally hurt people's sentiments.
If he really wanted to debate on the existence of Lord Ganesh, he can do it on a suitable platform say, where they are actually debating on religions. 
People in India do not value the freedom that they are given. Let him say the same things in Saudi about Islam and see where he goes in life. 

Well put and I agree bold partπŸ‘πŸΌ
I_M_SultaN thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: blue-ice

@Hooli...good information...Thanks for all the answersπŸ‘πŸΌ

anytime bi jee πŸ˜›
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: -LOV3-

In Islam it is also explained that sometimes intermingling could lead to sex that is why it is forbidden . For example this is based on statistic years ago , I am sure the amount have increased today . The amount of teen pregnancies in USA is 400,000 in a year and from that 300,000 goes for abortion . Also if we see the % of disease we have due to unprotected sex and having multiple partners is not small . When Islam doesn't allow the praying together in mosque , that doesn't mean we don't see them as equal . USA don't have boxing match between girl and boy , why ? USA have running sports , where girls vs girls and guys vs guys , are they not believe in equality . We cam say abt equal , but the fact is guys and girls are build differently, physically, biologically .

yes women can be a cleric

I really appreciate you helping people understand. I'm a skeptic who questions everything so I hope you don't mind me questioning and disagreeing a bit.

-          Don't you think humans have or at least should have self-control? As I said isn't it more important to resist temptation rather than avoid temptation? One could live locked up in a room and live a pious life, but there would be no meaning to it. You don't know how strong your faith or virtue is unless it is tested.

-          That being said why is sex considered sinful or wrong? Isn't it just human nature and need?

-          Is teenage pregnancy caused just by intermingling or is it lack of supervision and education about the risks?

-          STDS can be passed through monogamous committed relationships too. Is STD due to intermingling or lack of knowledge about various STDs, how they can spread, what are their symptoms etc?

-          Sports are different because there are physiological differences. There is a rationale. There are many coed sports that allow mixed teams as well though. Is there a difference in how men and women pray, believe or have faith? Can you give me a rationale as to why praying may need to be segregated or have different rules or accommodations?

-          Should women be denied rights and freedoms because people talk and make stories? Or should we strive to change society so that people don't malign any human being?

aish. thumbnail
He isnt a freaking kid. If he wants info, then why can't he just get it from e religious scriptures? For those who are saying that he was just trying to know the answers to his questions, he could've even searched the net instead of framing his question in such a disrespectful manner.

The net provides information as well as misinformation. A search on anything can result in a diversity of opinions and information. So we cannot always expect someone to search online and be well informed. A lot of people are misinformed because they searched online.

Secondly whose responsibility is to clear misinformation and ignorance? The misinformed and ignorant don't give a damn. I think if you care about someone being misinformed or ignorant, then you should care enough to give the information that clears it.

tantal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

The net provides information as well as misinformation. A search on anything can result in a diversity of opinions and information. So we cannot always expect someone to search online and be well informed. A lot of people are misinformed because they searched online.

Secondly whose responsibility is to clear misinformation and ignorance? The misinformed and ignorant don't give a damn. I think if you care about someone being misinformed or ignorant, then you should care enough to give the information that clears it.

But he is seeking his answers from people on the net? How is an answer provided by an anonymous internet peep any more authentic than any results provided by a simple google search?
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Although his case was not about misinformation but about mocking . Like information presented on internet can be misleading or mis-understood. Similarly moronically drafted questions under the mask of innocence won't get you much attention, it would most likely seem as insulting and demeaning. Goes both ways na?
Feel free to ask about anything related to any religion but with a little bit of sensitivity.

@Hadey - Unlike other religions , Hindus are the ones who have made mytho the major focal point. They base their spirituality on it. Idol worshiping , scriptures all enjoy the same reverence as the One God . It is something similar to Prophet, Jesus , Bible etc . 

@Hooligan - bravo and what great information you shared. Kudos πŸ‘πŸΌ
I_M_SultaN thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: charminggenie

Although his case was not about misinformation but about mocking . Like information presented on internet can be misleading or mis-understood. Similarly moronically drafted questions under the mask of innocence won't get you much attention, it would most likely seem as insulting and demeaning. Goes both ways na?

Feel free to ask about anything related to any religion but with a little bit of sensitivity.

@Hadey - Unlike other religions , Hindus are the ones who have made mytho the major focal point. They base their spirituality on it. Idol worshiping , scriptures all enjoy the same reverence as the One God . It is something similar to Prophet, Jesus , Bible etc . 

@Hooligan - bravo and what great information you shared. Kudos πŸ‘πŸΌ

thank u charminggenie πŸ˜Š
was just try to clear the misconceptions
u guys have every right to disagree πŸ‘πŸΌ
live and let live cheers πŸ˜ƒ
This content was originally posted by: tantal

But he is seeking his answers from people on the net? How is an answer provided by an anonymous internet peep any more authentic than any results provided by a simple google search?

What RGV did was stupid no doubt about it. He wasn't even honestly looking for information, he was just riling and mocking people. I'm not defending RGV.

Still the advice research the internet' is a dangerous proposition. To merely decry his mocking without adding information is even more dangerous. How many people have actually tried to explain the mythos of Lord Ganesha to address any and all questions people have?