*FAQ - IF Awareness Month

Posted: 9 years ago

Often the CC team gets questions completely, unrelated to the team itself so we are now declaring the month of September as 'IF Awareness Month'! All frequently asked questions will be answered here.

1) Who are the Global Moderators, and what do they do?

They are *Shruti*, Aahaana, gk_09, and Jayshree. They are responsible for overlooking all of India-Forums and have the rights to every single forum on this website.

2) What is the Development Team and how does the ladder system work?

The Development Team are members of the forum that are responsible for maintaining decorum in their respective forums.

Channel Moderators - handle all forums under a particular channel.

Moderators - handle the respective forums they are assigned. They have slightly more power and authority than Viewbies.

Viewbies/Cool Viewbies - handle the forums they are assigned and ensure that healthy discussion is promoted in the forum and it remains conflict free.

The list of the entire Development Team can be found here -> .

*A common misconception is that Coolbies have the same rights as the above mentioned DT groups. Coolbies have no rights other than stickying their own posts and their only job is to post updates, nothing more or less. Often when the term 'development team members' is used, coolbies are NOT included. *

3) I want to join the Development Team. How can I do that?

Visit 
this thread. It outlines the steps you need to take to be considered for the Development Team!

4) I am unhappy with the Development Team of my forum. What do I do?

Always attempt to speak to the Viewbies of the forum first to resolve any issues there may be. If you're still unhappy, approach the next DT member in the ladder which happens to be Moderators followed by Channel Moderators. Your very last resort would be the Global Moderators.

5) I want to request for a new forum. Where do I go?

In order to request for forums, you must post at the Suggestions/Comments Forum. At that forum, is a thread, called New Section Requests. You are to post in that particular thread.

6) I cannot access my PMs, I cannot log in, I cannot post more than ___ amount of comments in a day [or any other such technical issues]. Where do I go?

Answers to any sort of technical issues can be answered at the Suggestions/Comments Forum. You may open a thread there to ask your question and DT of the forum will get back to you.

7) I would like to delete my account. Who I do approach?

In order to get your account deleted/self ban, you have to contact any of the Global Moderators.

8) What are the Crazy Creative and BollyCurry teams? How do I join?

The Crazy Creative Team and BollyCurry is made up of members of India-Forums. Both teams have applications when more members are required. The applications thread is ALWAYS GAed for the whole of IF.

The CC team is responsible for games, contests, discussions and events/festivals threads for all of IF. They also do birthday threads of CCs, BCs and DT members. The Head of the team is Angel-Jot.. All queries about the team can be directed to me.

The BC team is responsible for all articles posted about Bollywood on the main home page of India-Forums. The Head of the team is gk_09. All queries about the team can be directed to her.

9) Can I post non-fiction or non-show stories at the Fan Fictions Forum?

Yes, you may post non-fiction or non-show stories at the Fan Fictions Forum. Any sort of stories are allowed to be posted at the FF Forum. It is also encouraged for members to post their non-fiction or non-fandom stories at the Writers Corner Forum.

10) I want to learn how to make signatures. Where do I go for help?

Any questions or tutorials in regards to avatar or signature making can be asked/found at the Avatar & Signatures Forum.

11) How does the ladder system for regular members work? How many posts do I need to reach the next ladder group?

Number of posts

0-49

50-199

200-999

1000-2499

2500-4999

5000-9999

10000-24999

25000-49999

50000-99999

100000 and more

Ladder Group

Groupbie

Goldie

IF Dazzler

IF Rockerz

IF Sizzlerz

IF Stunnerz

IF Addictz

IF Achieverz 

12) What are Coolbies and Videobies?

Coolbies are members that are responsible for writing updates for each episode of the show they are assigned coolbie of. A member is promoted to a coolbie position after writing updates for a show that airs more than once a week after a minimum of a month.

Videobies are members that are responsible for providing video updates for the shows they are assigned videobies of.

13) I need a thread moved to another forum. Which forum's Development Team do I approach?

You must contact the Development Team of the forum your thread is in currently. Only that DT can move your thread to another forum.

14) I need a thread trashed or a thread that was trashed back again! Who do I ask?

Viewbies
of the forum can trash threads or a particular post you require deleted. Usually, trashed threads or posts are not retained. However, if the deletion was a mistake or only occurred a day or two ago, the Moderators have access to the Trash Bin and can bring the thread or post back for you.

15) I need a thread locked or reopened. Who do I go to?

The Development Team of the particular forum can do both. Always first contact the Viewbie of the forum for such tasks.

16) It has been a long time since I've commented in one of my threads and I've realized that it is now locked. Why did the Development Team lock it?

All threads that have been inactive for over 90 days lock automatically. Unless there is a note on the last page by a Development Team, the thread has locked automatically and has not been locked by the DT!

17) I received a warning level raise. Can anybody see it and when can I get it lowered?

No, nobody other than yourself can view the warning level raise on your profile. Unless you divulge this information to anyone else, they have no way of knowing that you have gotten a warning level raise.

In order to get your warning level decreased, you must remain out of trouble for a minimum of 3 months. Any warning levels or verbal warnings received by the same DT or DT from another forum post the warning level will delay the decrease! Only the DT member who increased the warning level can decrease it so contact that DT member only. If that DT member is inactive, contact the next highest DT member of that forum.

18) What are the FF Official Graphicers? How do I join?

The Fan Fiction Official Graphicers are part of the graphicers team at the Fan Fictions Forum. They are responsible of completing all requests members post at the Fan Fictions Creativity Shop for their stories or one shots.

Applications are held at the forum when the shop is short of Grahicers. All questions can be directed to the Head of the Graphicers (found in the Shop thread) or the Development Team of the Fan Fictions Forum, Smileyface or Angel-Jot..

Edited by Aahaana - 9 years ago
Thanks a lot for this thread, CCs! :) It's very helpful and useful! ⭐️ Will surely clear many confusions and queries. 😳
And like always, this is a beautiful thread! 👏
heyy jot.. buddy nice thread.. very informative and helpful..
just one doubt about 6th question..

Originally posted by Angel-Jot.

6) I cannot access my PMs, I cannot log in, I cannot post more than ___ amount of comments in a day [or any other such technical issues]. Where do I go?

Answers to any sort of technical issues can be answered at theSuggestions/Comments Forum. You may open a thread there to ask your question and DT of the forum will get back to you.

if a user is not able to log-in, how will he/she post a thread in sugg forum..and there r so many thread in that forum so for time saving i guess u need to share a link to the thread where such problems have been raised before and got resolved..

thanks.. :)
Edited by DeadDevil-FF - 9 years ago
Thank you so much for this topic, saving it for later dates. Beautiful work btw. 😳
Originally posted by DeadDevil-FF

heyy jot.. buddy nice thread.. very informative and helpful..
just one doubt about 6th question..

if a user is not able to log-in, how will he/she post a thread in sugg forum..and there r so many thread in that forum so for time saving i guess u need to share a link to the thread where such problems have been raised before and got resolved..

thanks.. :)

If you cannot log in, it's more or likely because your account has been restricted. You aren't allowed to log in, aka, a ban. And you would know if you have a ban because you get notified before it happens.

If there's an actual technical issue (even though, there shouldn't be), hopefully you have a friend you can contact who can ask the GMs on your behalf.

Edited by Angel-Jot. - 9 years ago
🤗thank u soo much for post it really means a lot and thanks for including abt FF graphicers :)
Thanks for this very useful thread CC. This would definitely help all the members to clear all their doubts. Also I would like to tell that also add to scroll the Home page of the site as there are many people who complain of not seeing certain sections.
It's very helpful😃👏
Thanks a lot for this thread 😊
Very useful thread-clarifies lots of confusion😊
Thanks for posting it
^ Thanks for this useful thread, CC's! 👏