1. The Gadas: THey are GUjarati Jains. Jains are known for their rigorous eating restrictions. They cannot eat root vegetables. Yet they were shown eating Pau bhaji along with every member of GD society. One of the prominent ingredient of Pau bhaji is potato. How is that possible ?(Based on the fact that Jetha had said ,( " main Jain hun bhai, mere dukan ke samne kandha ka thela nahi lagena ka " to Bagha when he opened an onion shop near Gada electronics ")
2. The Mehtas: Mehtas are not only vegetarian but they are grass eaters in real sense. So, They can eat anything which says its vegatarian
3. The Sodhis: Parsis eat fish as far as I know. So, Mrs Roshan must be non- vegetarian. Similarly, Sardars are non-vegetarian to the best of my knowledge.
4. Popatlal : Since he is Brahmin, I consider he is a vegatarian too. Besides, his diet must also exclude onion and garlic. Edited: I dint know brahmins can eat onion and garlic. So, I apologise.
5.The Iyyers: Iyyer must be Tamiian Brahmin so no non-veg but he was eating garalic bread? Tamilian Brahmins eat onion and garlic????( Most brahmins exclude that. Edited: I m sorry my knowledge is pretty much restricted here. ) Babita's cult is difficult to judge because some Bengalis are strict vegetarians who follow a complete different routine to that of mine.
6. The Bhides: I cannot say much about it. Can someone please clarify
7. The Hathis: This surname doesn't exist. Its is difficult to judge to which clan they belong. They speak in Bhojpuri at times. Edited: During the Colonel track ( Tapu finds a medal) HAthi says he is from N- India.
8. ABdul: He has to be a non-vegetarian.
Overall, I dont understand how all of them dine together. Okay, fair enough they adjust for a day but please let me know how can all of them love Daya bhabis haath ka khana ? I think it has been overrated. People generally have peculiar habit of loving their own cuisine over others. Besides, Gujarati khana is typically sweet( As commented by Iyyer during Rann Utsav when he refused to eat in a dhaba) . How can all of them call her Annapurana?
P.S: The idea is neither to insult any culture or cuisine or characters in genral. All the ideas are either from basic knowledge or from the way it has been presented in the show. Only trying to understand how come people with different tastes turn up to say Daya's food is heavenly. Even the stars and the CID people could not resist themselves.
India is a diverse country. Therefore what rule applies to one place doesn't apply to other places. Thus, mistakes are ought to happen. please feel free to put forward new information about these. Please understand the post is not suppose arouse regional feelings among the fellow members. Its about knowing your country better.
All the members are therefore requested to maintain the peace and discuss it maturely without getting personally hurt.
Edited by dey.bh - 29 August 2014 at 10:45pm