Debate Mansion

Reservation Quota strictly for the deserving!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

..kimaya..

Goldie

..kimaya..

Posted: 28 August 2014 at 12:33am | IP Logged
I am not saying that stop reservation quota's ...But there has to be certain norms on which the quota can be ONLY and ONLY taken in advantage by the backward class whose income is actually below the poverty line and not by the backward class who has no problem to pay for their child's education .

The concept of reservation quota has gone for a toss completely. And people are making use of it for solely admission benifit when actually their earnings are well above the poverty line. The  whole concept of reservation was to educate and facilitate education for the backward caste...But now people even make fake certificates just to get into an education institute after scoring extremely less scores...   

In esteemed institutions like IIT, people with a score below 100 have got into the best of the best courses...and a person with 250+ score has not even been qualified for the exam.
In this case, both the general and the backward class kid had put THE SAME AMOUNT OF HARD WORK...Also they had availed the best coaching classes charging more than 1 lakh or 2...so in this case,the financial condition of both of them was the same..so the admission policy should be same for the both..But then too the person with a 50 score got into the IIT and the other even after a 250 score DID NOT!

Life is unfair...this system HAS to be changed...otherwise the undeserving people will keep getting in easily even after putting absolutely no or less hard work

What are your views on this system? How do you think the criteria of reservations should be reformed?What changes do you all suggest to make it a fair system? 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-R.P-*Dev.*No2Pencil...OohLaLa...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Reservation Quota strictly for the deserving!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-R.P-

-R.P-

Posted: 28 August 2014 at 6:40am | IP Logged
I think the ongoing reservation system is based on the caste.It was done to upgrade the lower classes and to have their involvement in all the important spheres of professionalism.But yes,off late it has become very unfair as you have pointed.
I think it would be better to replace it on the basis of poverty line.Those below poverty line can have some quota,and all others in one single category.I dunno and I think people here can suggest much better than as I am not from Economics or Humanities background.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

*Dev.*..kimaya..

balashiv15

IF-Rockerz

balashiv15

Posted: 01 September 2014 at 1:22am | IP Logged
yes they should start a system wherein only those who are poor and belong to SC /ST/OBC , or are only poor,qualify for reservation quota
Gandhiiji had called them 'Harijans' and tried to uplift them 

due to many protests,so this system.

i think its time Modi govt. changes this system 

because it seems unfair now,and no more like upliftment 

Edited by balashiv15 - 01 September 2014 at 1:21am

*Dev.*..kimaya..

No2Pencil

IF-Dazzler

No2Pencil

Posted: 02 September 2014 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Yes, I agree with you and that too coming from a person who actually did have to go through struggle while doing her PMT exam. I got 191 rank and how i wanted to get admission in one of the reputable college but couldn't just cuz seat was reserved for SC/BC -- i mean i had more marks and a better rank but the seat which i deserved was given to a person who had almost 500th rank Ouch and its not that they were below poverty line or something, they did education in elite school, had everything for a normal living, every freaking thing which a general category person have. So, its somehow IS unfair on general people who put so much effort to achieve their goals and yet struggle to find seat for themselves. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

*Dev.*..kimaya.....OohLaLa...

...OohLaLa...

IF-Sizzlerz

...OohLaLa...

Posted: 02 September 2014 at 4:59am | IP Logged
couldnt agree more.

*Dev.*..kimaya..

..kimaya..

Goldie

..kimaya..

Posted: 05 September 2014 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by No2Pencil

Yes, I agree with you and that too coming from a person who actually did have to go through struggle while doing her PMT exam. I got 191 rank and how i wanted to get admission in one of the reputable college but couldn't just cuz seat was reserved for SC/BC -- i mean i had more marks and a better rank but the seat which i deserved was given to a person who had almost 500th rank Ouch and its not that they were below poverty line or something, they did education in elite school, had everything for a normal living, every freaking thing which a general category person have. So, its somehow IS unfair on general people who put so much effort to achieve their goals and yet struggle to find seat for themselves. 

It is indeed unfair.And it happens every single time during the admission rounds.The people who are actually deserving end up being in the second rung colleges and so called SC/ST get into the cream colleges even though they have  just merely eligible marks.Just like you mentioned,even wid a 191 rank you couldn't get a college of your choice but the so called SC/St got.

The reason i call them so called backward class people is that,they are financially very very secure.They can afford great schools,training ..Then why the bias

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

No2Pencil

mr.ass

IF-Rockerz

mr.ass

Posted: 06 September 2014 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
only for hindus 

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 07 September 2014 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
What is the criteria for deserving?