Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

GundayVedant

IF-Sizzlerz

GundayVedant

Posted: 25 August 2014 at 10:30am | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ChelseaForEverSmritiKathaLadyDabangg

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "From Mother India to Mary Kom | Women in Bollywood |" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

LadyDabangg

IF-Sizzlerz

LadyDabangg

Posted: 25 August 2014 at 10:38am | IP Logged
And why not equal pay??

PC-Maniac

Goldie

PC-Maniac

Posted: 25 August 2014 at 10:48am | IP Logged
MK isn't even released yet and her PR is already declaring it as some revolutionary movie in Hindi cinema.

Ouch

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 25 August 2014 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
 A decent analysis. I'd like to see more discussion on women in Indian cinema. 

Fiery.Phoenix

Goldie

Fiery.Phoenix

Posted: 25 August 2014 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyDabangg

And why not equal pay??

Because there's no equal role...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Antlers

Antlers

IF-Rockerz

Antlers

Posted: 25 August 2014 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Thank god they added subtitles. I had a hard time understanding her. Her face barely moves.

Also, why hasn't she ever included Kajol's Gupt or Manisha Koirala's Khamoshi/Dil Se/Bombay/Escape from Taliban ? 

Or let's take it a little further: Alia Bhatt's Highway

Yet she only mentions how Kareena and Deepika have done substantial work beside Kangana/Sri Devi/Vidya. 

This lady is such an ass kisser. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hadesliza81

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 26 August 2014 at 7:55am | IP Logged

I think every now and then Bollywood has made some female centric movies. Guddi, Seeta Aur Geeta, Aandhi, Khoobsurat, Khoon Bhari Maang, Chaalbaaz, Umrao Jaan, Damini, Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayi, Fiza, Zubeida, Astitva, Chandni Bar - these and others I may have forgotten are all female centric movies where the woman took center stage.

Some were major hits as well. I think recent hits like Queen, Kahaani, Dirty Picture and English Vinglish have broken barriers of mass appeal. But I think credit is due to all actresses and filmmakers who have attempted to give women equal footing.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazigarliza81

Bazigar

Goldie

Bazigar

Posted: 26 August 2014 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Being a contra view I think blames is on more on women themselves for our current generation view towards womancentric movie. They r part of 50% population but as an influencer nd opinion maker of movie viewer in a family what is their role in last decade? we celebrate Fashion as woman centric movie by forgeting same sucessful chopra or aiswarya r only bcoz of product of fashion. I tag that movie as realistic than woman centric. They just play their card of woman issue in the fag end of carier when there is chance of award nd appriciation rest they r happy in commercial movie. Infact on mary kom we deny existance of woman who r minority and diff race . we r just happy with makeup.

Edited by Bazigar - 26 August 2014 at 8:42am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top