Dekha Ek Khwaab

Manveer OS Contest -2014 , RESULT ANNOUNCED!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

...navina...

IF-Sizzlerz

...navina...

Posted: 19 August 2014 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Hello - my Manveerian Friends ...
how are u all doing?

I'm here today to announce something ...
MANVEER O.S CONTEST 2014 

Kuch yaad ayaWink?

It was SUPPOSED to be this exciting event that was going to revive our dying forum. PrincessAshvik (Sara) pitched this idea months ago, and everyone seemed so enthusiastic about it.Embarrassed

When the time came to participate ...
Suddenly everyone just wanted to sit back and play READERS/VOTERS instead of taking a few moments, and writing a simple ONE-SHOT!Disapprove!!

1 of the RULES of the contest was -
THERE WILL ONLY BE A CONTEST, IF THERE ARE A MINIMUM OF 15 ENTRIES.
Well , forget 15 ... there were not even 5 entriesOuch!

By right ... this "contest" should be scrapped!   It was a huge disappointmentThumbs Down

I think in future, we need not bother to liven this forumAngry.

Now that I got that off my chest ...LOLA few important announcements have to be made :

1. A huge THANKS to SARA  - for making an effort to put something like THIS together.
2. A bear-hug to SWINI - your 2 siggies are SplendidClap. Neither Sara nor I could pick 1 for the WINNEREmbarrassed.
3. A massive THANK-YOU to our ONLY ENTRANT Hug.

OK - I think everyone is confused right nowLOL, so let me clear up somethingsWink.
Since 1 person took time to write an OS - we feel she should be awarded with the WINNER'S TITLE and given the WINNER'S SIGGIEApprove.

(I doubt anyone will object to thatStern Smile)

So - the VOTING round falls away (naturallyLOL) ... but do take time out to read the only OS, in this contest - and please CONGRATULATE  ..IshqShava..

(it really is a beautiful os VibhaClap, a very fine piece of writing!)

Edited by ...navina... - 19 August 2014 at 9:46am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-K.Kapoor-Anam Ali.SNOWWHITE.Nash..PrincessAshViksanghita0000reeha...kAshvikian_AK..IshqShava..-AquaMermaiden-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Manveer OS Contest -2014 , RESULT ANNOUNCED!" in Dekha Ek Khwaab forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...navina...

IF-Sizzlerz

...navina...

Posted: 19 August 2014 at 9:21am | IP Logged

The Winning OS - by VibhaEmbarrassed

Story's name: The Broken Bangles..
She took a step towards the clear water that was enticing her. The green moss which partly gleamed in the fading sunlight literally waved its hands at her. All her life, she had stayed away from deep waters but not anymore..

She rubbed her eyes and saw something which was so appealing that she couldn't stop herself. He with bangles in his hands stood with open arms, calling her towards him.

Her withered face, untidy hair and unkempt appearance presented the sordid sham of a life she had sailed through.

Manyata Singh bid a last good bye to the cruel world and plunged into the lake with an audible splash. The blue-green water gradually turned Scarlett red from the blood that flowed from her neck. She had slit her own throat with a dagger. The enveloping arms of the lake covered every inch of her body; offering a welcome relief from the pain that had nothing to do with a slit throat.

They say life passes by you when you reach your last moment, and she was no different.

A Life-time Ago

It was spring time and time for annual village fair. Manyata had a LOT of shopping to do, why wouldn't she? After all she was the youngest child of the mighty village chief and he never denied her anything. She was the apple of his and her entire family's eyes. Her only brother adored her and her sister in law treated her like her own daughter; due to fifteen years of age difference between Manyata and her brother, Vijay.

She spotted a set of multi colored bangles in a make shift shop and moved towards them with the money bag safely clutched at her waist.

Those bangles were damn beautiful! "le leejiye madam ji..aap par bade achche lagenge" the shop keeper suggested.

"le leejiye na, choodiyon ki kismat chamak jaayegi aap ke haathon me sajne se" a new voice spoke.

She looked up and recognized Udayveer. He was the neighboring village chieftain's son.

His husky voice, the shining sparkle of his eyes, compelled her to do just like he had asked.

"main kardoon.." he said and began to decorate her hands with them. Their eyes met and breaths spoke. No one noticed a broken bangle among the whole dozen.

"aahhh" Manyata let out a shrill cry of pain suddenly and Udayveer dropped the whole set in fright.

Manyata felt so embarrassed by what had just happened and she left from there as fast as she could.

It was close to midnight and sleep still seemed so far away. If she closed her eyes, she could feel two rough hands holding her arm, inserting the bangles one by one..

Next day she was casually strolling near the lake enjoying its cool breeze when she heard a strange whistling sound. She followed its source and Udayveer stood there with his hands behind his back.

"Manyata ji, yeh maine aap ke liye laaya..kal ke liye mujhe maaf kar deejiye" he brought the thing forward which he had been hiding.

He had brought bangles for her! Manyata's heart exulted in glee. These bangles were much more beautiful than the one's he had broken. He held them up in the sun light and its myriad colors glowed in the afternoon light.

"bohot sundar hai yeh..isse achchi choodiyan, maine aaj tak nahi dekhi" she clicked her arms together showing him how they looked.

He broke a small flower from a nearby bush and held it to her and she smiled shyly. It was the era of simple love, when huge declaration of your affection was unheard of. A loving look, a smile and occasionally holding hands was enough to convey your feelings.

They began to meet regularly and before long, began to dream about the life they were going to live together.

In a village as small as Manyata's, nothing stayed secret ever and the news that the village chief's daughter roamed around with a young man, spread around like a wild fire.

"kya rishta hai tera us paas wale gaon ke ladke se? kyon milti hai tu usse?" Brijraj asked his daughter one night.

"baba, hum usse prem karte hain..hum usse shaadi-" the sound of a slap reverberated through the whole Haveli.

Manyata was locked up in her room for a week and when she was brought out, the words pricked at her ears.

"itni choti umar me mar gaya bechara..kehte hain ki use sher kha gaya..badi chotein lagi hui thi badan pe..bhagwan uski aatma ko shaanti de.." her sister in law was gossiping to a maid.

Her intuition shrieked; at once she knew.. She knew that Udayveer was dead.. and it wasn't a tiger that killed him..He wasn't that weak.

Manyata grew from a chirpy, bubbly thing to a silent, broody soul that had a body wrapped around it just for breathing sake.

Her father brought a prospective groom for her marriage and that was the day he had realized what his daughter had become from what she was.

The ever silent Manyata grew violent suddenly and began to throw things around. Her mother had arranged some sweet meats for the groom's family and Manyata began to gobble them up. She became hysterical and had to be restrained by two women, from causing further damage. The groom's family bid a hasty retreat.

From then, they gave up the thoughts of her marriage and left her on her own. Time began to pass at its own pace and Manyata became a still piece of furniture at home that no one paid any attention.

Village women often talked that chief's daughter was possessed by a demon and that's why her marriage couldn't be performed. Yes, it was true. The ghost of her own feelings haunted her. The moments she had spent with him would rip her apart. She would cry and laugh at same time like lunatic. She had stopped speaking altogether and nothing could break her silence.

Twenty odd years passed and so much changed. Her brother's son got married and had his own son. They were living in a city and decided to pay a visit to the village.

The boy, five years old; was a bundle of energy and he decided to explore the vast haveli on his own.

He came across a door that was closed shut. The intricate design on its front face was fascinating. The child was intrigued and pushed the door open.

The scene over there made him gape at her open mouthed. A woman, wrecked by age and wearing a crumpled cotton saree held up some bangles in the light that was coming in through the window.

The childish interest spiked up suddenly and he ran forward to see what she was doing. His run resulted in collision with her and she dropped the bangles leaving colorful pieces of glass shards on the dirty floor. He stepped a foot forward and a shard pierced his foot.

"ouch" he said.

"Uday!!!" he heard a ear splitting scream from the strange woman beside him.

"Uday, tum yahan kya kar rahe ho? Chalo yahan se.." little Uday's mother came out of nowhere to claim her son.

"Uday..mat jao mujhe chodke..main mar jaoongi" Manyata wailed but Uday was already gone.

Who was the little boy? Why had he come here?

Next day, Manyata was sitting on the stair case, as usual lost in her own world when a tiny box was held in front of her.

"le leejiye na..yeh meri mummy ke hain..kal maine aap ki choodiyan tod di..toh aap yeh pehen leejiye" five year old Uday, handed her the box of his mother's bangles.

"yeh kya kar raha hai tu? Teri himmat kaise hui, meri choodiyon ko choone ki? Hum aaj hi wapas lout rahe hain..chal!" the mother dragged away her son. His cries had no effect on her.

Small Uday's mother was so frightened by his unexplained affection to this wraith like woman, that she packed their baggage same day and they left without a backward glance.

She had lived a life that wasn't fit to be called one. The cool water sucked the last remnants of life out of her and she became one with him..

Edited by ...navina... - 19 August 2014 at 9:41am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-K.Kapoor-Anam Ali.SNOWWHITE.Nash..PrincessAshVikAshvikian_AK..IshqShava..MysticRiver

...navina...

IF-Sizzlerz

...navina...

Posted: 19 August 2014 at 9:21am | IP Logged

Congratulations Vibha ...

And for taking time out to participate -
We award u with 2 siggiesLOL (lucky youWink).

Edited by ...navina... - 19 August 2014 at 9:44am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-K.Kapoor-.SNOWWHITE.Nash..PrincessAshVikAshvikian_AK..IshqShava..-AquaMermaiden-

..IshqShava..

IF-Sizzlerz

..IshqShava..

Posted: 19 August 2014 at 10:07am | IP Logged
I was randomly going through the forum when i spotted this thread, opened it and felt like this--->

and then, like this-->

first things first..wow! im flattered! im the only entrant! ClapClap (the claps are not for myself, but to all of those who showed so much interest in the beginning of the contest and then just vanished into thin air)Sleepy
kya forum tha humara...every post used to be red within minutes of its postingDay Dreaming aur ab?OuchCryDisapprove

anyways, Thank you SaraHug for organizing this contest and devoting your valuable time to itBig smileHug
Thank you NavinaHug for everythingEmbarrassed
and Thanks to SwinipriyaHug for the wonderful siggiesStar they are really awesome!! I'm gonna sport them in my dabba nowTongue

(don't know if i should be feeling like this or not, but I'm happy in a wayPartyEmbarrassed)
once again, thanks all

Edited by ..IshqShava.. - 19 August 2014 at 10:17am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-K.Kapoor-PrincessAshVikreeha...k...navina...Ashvikian_AK

PrincessAshVik

IF-Dazzler

PrincessAshVik

Posted: 19 August 2014 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Thank you so much Navina (for making this thread and all the help), Swini (for the beautiful siggies:)) and Vibha (for participating:))

My heartiest congratulations to you Vibha:):)

To all, I was really disappointed seeing such a response:( I was hoping for at least 10 entries, but I did not even get 2!:(

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-K.Kapoor-..IshqShava.....navina...

..IshqShava..

IF-Sizzlerz

..IshqShava..

Posted: 19 August 2014 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PrincessAshVik

Thank you so much Navina (for making this thread and all the help), Swini (for the beautiful siggies:)) and Vibha (for participating:))

My heartiest congratulations to you Vibha:):)

To all, I was really disappointed seeing such a response:( I was hoping for at least 10 entries, but I did not even get 2!:(

Don't be upset SaraEmbarrassed this forum is literally deadSleepy the living souls who still wander around, only contribute to the views of the post and nothing more...
big hug to you once more

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-K.Kapoor-...navina...

...navina...

IF-Sizzlerz

...navina...

Posted: 19 August 2014 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..IshqShava..

Thank you NavinaHug for everythingEmbarrassed You're welcome .. however I didn't do muchEmbarrassed.

(don't know if i should be feeling like this or not, but I'm happy in a wayPartyEmbarrassedYou're should be feeling like that (If u weren't, then I'd be very worried Unhappy) .. but 1 thing I have to say - even if we got more entries, I'm dead-certain; U  STILL WOULD'VE WONApprove. (BTW - something I have to ask ... What do u have against HAPPY ENDINGSWink?)

once again, thanks all    Congrats once again Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-K.Kapoor-

..IshqShava..

IF-Sizzlerz

..IshqShava..

Posted: 19 August 2014 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...navina...

Originally posted by ..IshqShava..

Thank you NavinaHug for everythingEmbarrassed You're welcome .. however I didn't do muchEmbarrassed.

(don't know if i should be feeling like this or not, but I'm happy in a wayPartyEmbarrassedYou're should be feeling like that (If u weren't, then I'd be very worried Unhappy) .. but 1 thing I have to say - even if we got more entries, I'm dead-certain; U  STILL WOULD'VE WONApprove.Aww, thank you so muchEmbarrassedEmbarrassed Big smile(BTW - something I have to ask ... What do u have against HAPPY ENDINGSWink?I have nothing against them, but when someone is preparing for an entrance test and all negative thoughts run through her head,Ermm this is the product which comes outWinkLOL especially when u write it on the LAST day of the contestLOL)

once again, thanks all    Congrats once again Hugshukriya jiEmbarrassed

Edited by ..IshqShava.. - 19 August 2014 at 10:52am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

...navina...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top