Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

The deterioration in Indian TV serials??? (Page 2)

~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 4:22pm | IP Logged

thanks for bringing back this really good but not as debated topic arkee lover....your questions are living examples of the effect these mindless, overly stretched and illogical soaps have on the people...kavya died in KA?...its ok eijaz khan will come back as either kavya's look-alike, long lost brother, "bhatakti aatma" or whatever else ekta the "genius" can think of next. Or maybe he didnt really die and his death was fake.
As for sujal and kashish..yes they will get together but then sujal will find out about kashish's illegimate child and they will separate and then kashish will hate sujal because of some misunderstanding then sujal will be in a relationship with someone else and then sujal and kashish will finally get back together only to have sujal's other woman come and sujal is "shared" by the two women. all this while kashish is constantly fighting for her child's custod from her old boyfriend who wanted a child with her to use as bait to get what he wants.

ok these stories are bizzare...mind you i have never watched a single episode of either of the two serials mentioned but as it is an indian soap, the story isnt too unpredictable (especially with ekta who repeats the same story line in her dramas) reading what i wrote you all think im crazy and just a little girl with a wild imagination. but every one of the instances i mentioned can be found in more than one drama and there are many other example i missed out on.

the story lines, plots, and logic..rather lack of logic make these shows total waste of time shows. Indian serials are overly stretched, pointless, not connected to society and just plain garbage. saas bahu sagas, dishonest relationships, evil bhabhis, everyone stealing one and anothers bf/gf or husband/wife, i mean come on most of these scenarios are too far fetched to be connected to reality. and to top it all of the unwanted pregnancies, the illegimate children, the plastic surgeries and whatever other nonsense we see in indian serials.

indian soaps are not worth the time people investigate watching them. women all over india and abroad cry while they are cutting onions in the kitchen..not because of the onion but because of something stupid like...kavya died, sujal kashish are separated, or nausheen quit kkusum and wont go back. i mean seriously people take these serials too seriousy and get too emotional with it..and ive seen it on the forum on a daily basis.

when it comes to dramas pakistan is faar ahead of india. and i DONT i repeat DONT WANT TO START ANOTHER INDIA/PAKISTAN FIGHT. im not saying this only because my family is from pakistan none of what is critisized in indian dramas is found in pakistani dramas. Pakistanai dramas are short, they are connected to reality and people can actually relate to the characters. most importantly they are not stretched and every serial is a unique concept.     

Edited by ~LiL*PrInCeZ~ - 22 April 2006 at 4:31pm
Munise Goldie
Munise
Munise

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
I agree to an extent Smile there are still some serials that I enjoy watching (K Street) but others which I think are a waste of them.

You're right in saying that American serials have influenced Indian Tv serials, but to see stuff like rape, etc happening in a Indian tv serial just doesnt seem right Confused my whole family tends to sit and watch some serials together, but after the Nandini rape thing, my mum doesnt allow my younger brother and sister to watch them.

I know theres no room for ignorance in todays society, but even i felt uncomfortable watching it. Dead

Go to top