Debate Mansion

The deterioration in Indian TV serials???

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

meme_ma

Groupbie

meme_ma

Posted: 08 June 2005 at 1:09am | IP Logged
I have been watching serials for a very long time and have come to the conclusion that somwhere something went wrong and they became totally inane and pointless.Sure there are some good ones but they are rare that its almost finding a pearl in an oyster.
I remember when you had serials like Buniyaad, Humlog etc which were long but they made some sense unlike KGGK which seems to show no signs of ending and get more and more meaningless as time passes.
Then there are those shows that started out brilliantly and then they got extensions and started going downhill like Tumhari Disha.Its almost like people have forgotten than serials can be short and sweet like Fauji.It lasted for thirteen weeks and that was it.
I think somewhere something went wrong.A part me thinks its the american serials like the bold and the beautiful that probably influenced our serials.They have characters who marry so many times and have children from half a dozen different husbands/lovers.
It works in the US but it always suprises me when something like that happens in Indian TV shows and people accept it.It makes me wonder if we have become so americanised that all this nonsense seems acceptable to us?
Some of these shows dont even have a storyline and that is the most tragic thing.Beautiful stories seems to be passe.It almost seems like if you wrtie somethng nice you may be excommunicated from the writers community.
Is it only me who feels like this or are there people who share my sentiments??

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The deterioration in Indian TV serials???" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Pavitra2005

Pavitra2005

Posted: 08 June 2005 at 2:41am | IP Logged

I completely agree with you.  TV Serials hit the mass more than the movies these days.  Junoon was another mEga like the B&B which draged beyond toleration and disappeared without notice.  B&B may have kicked off the idea of mEgas but, it fails to be a success till the last episode when it is strechted for too long right ? I have read in few magazines, where the directors are asked to bring the story to an end and the story ends just abruptly.

nali

Groupbie

nali

Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
Pakistani Serials usually last for certain number of episodes. They don't drag on stretching the story.

charu_81

Goldie

charu_81

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:04pm | IP Logged

I totally agree with u mema_ma.Remember serials like Nukkad,Circus,Buniyaad.There are so many old serials which are still on my mind.Tongue

I think Shanti was the first serial which was stretched like a rubber band.It continued for three years.I think it was the first Indian TV Soap.Some serials in recent times like Hum Pardesi Ho Gaye,Alpaviram were good and they ended well.

Serials should be short and sweet.I think serials like Kyunki Saa Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi,Kahaani Ghar Ghar ki,Kkusum,Kasauti Zindagi Kay should end and something new and fresh serials should be started.It will be also a refreshment for audiences.

Iam really bored of dramas,plastic surgeries,memory loss,polygamyAngry.I stopped watching these serials.Iam in search of fresh serials different from K series and other rubber band soaps.

It is just my opinion.Not intending to offend any one.

Edited by charu_81 - 19 June 2005 at 5:07pm

icy_devil

IF-Dazzler

icy_devil

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
ekta shows never end and i find KGGk really boring and pointless it has no story to it................she never ends her shows and they get annoying

Sydney_Princess

Groupbie

Sydney_Princess

Posted: 20 June 2005 at 3:52am | IP Logged

"the viewers are more to blame for the degradation"

I must applaud you for such a hard-hitting letter.  It is we the viewers who are contributing to the corruption of our mind.  Look at the ardent worship in this very forum!!!

arkee lover

arkee lover

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 9:08am | IP Logged
Hi, guys what do you think will kavya come back in KavyAnjal.I hope he comes otherwise the serial is gonna to be so boring. Cry

arkee lover

arkee lover

Posted: 22 April 2006 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Will Sujal and Kashish be together again.I hope everybody comes to know what Charu did. Angry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top