India forums needs to be more inclusive! *Admin's Reply PG-6* - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
Living in India and being Indian but residing in another country is different. I myself have been born and brought up in America, but my roots lie in India. There are many reasons that there are more NRI's here: one being that NRIs have easier and must faster access to the internet. 

A lot of NRIs will never understand what is like living in India and hence make outrageous comments towards the country.

And as far as females are concerned, how many middle aged men will spend time on their computer writing in different IF posts? Let's be a bit realistic. Posting on forums is more of a feminine thing to do. A lot of women like to stay updated on their shows, so they rely on the video or written updates. Some of them only create accounts to view the videos/written updates.

As far as the BW forum is concerned, its all about fan wars for most members. You can't give a genuine opinion EVER, because it's termed as 'bashing'. Its just something we all need to get over because some people aren't going to stop. 
Well the main thing is this the advertisement of india forum still many people not only from grass root level but others too are not aware of this public forum 
The point you mentioned is correct but one thing I woukd like to mention that Its not in the hands of r the site admins to control who is the member off this forum.
Its a discussion portal and evryone is free to discuss here.
The domination by NRIs can tpbe that many pardnts still in India dosent allow to thier childrens to use internet.
About BW forum its different.
And as you mentioned some poeple bash India, so its human tendency to put false allegations on other so that they can show themselves as superior.
I think for a start, Vijay can remove this ranking thing from the whole system... Its the thing thats bringing in traffic, but mostly within same age group.. Plus the ranking has also made this place a warzone... Here someone complained about BW forum, I beg to differ.. The kind of spite I see in TV fans are way worse... Esp the fights for the top ranking.. How is the ranking relevant to gauge the actual popularity of the stars?? Why do fans fight and enquire so much on how the buzz or view points are calculated?? And to make their favs top, all they do is create MIDs... And when MODs don answer queries, they whine... How is that helping the forum?? Plus the more matured fans and sane fans are unable to discuss freely with the domination of a certain fangroup... I feel for the TM, my Dad is aware of this forum... Yet he chose to be a silent reader than joining with the fanwars... I think for a start OWNER can actually try to reduce these fanwars by removing this CM and CELEB ranking... Even today, I heard that a member from a top forum has made a MID with a DP of a rival show stars, posted on her fav forum and criticised her fav show, in the intent that members of the forum believe she is from the rival forum... See how easily things are being manipulated... With these issues, how can u expect IF to be more open with matured and sane people who are here to discuss their fav shows and NOT involve in such fanfight?? Don u think this could be also be a reason why its not appealing to a larger group of people?? 
ps : Sorry if i deviated from the main issue, however, i honestly hope my suggestion is being considered..

pps : BW forum fans are no less, as the whole forum has been thriving on bashing and the MODs who are apparently fangirls themselves choose to close their eyes... If they have a busy life, then they should retire and let other COMMITTED fans to take up MOD position, ofcourse not meaning getting ANOTHER fangirl to MOD the forum...

ppps : Sorry if i said anything offensive..
Edited by DoneDeal - 9 years ago
With due respect I disagree that men do not post on forums or watch TV serials. They do. But oddly they are on every other site except this one.
Even debate section that is not about feminine stuff has less men and less Indians. 

I know about net problems in India and people not using computer much. But even among those who do use Internet, they do not frequent IF.

Or wean off very soon as they are unable to relate much to others. 

@Male population of IF:

Most males have different objects of admiration than those popular at IF, to make short work of it. There's no reason why they would want to be here. I don't mind that females are more over here because let's face it, we are more likely to enjoy what is presently available here.

@NRIs and Non Indians:

In a way, that is a sign of inclusiveness. 🤔

@Otherwise:

Yes, IF is pointless if we don't find the right people to associate with. Despite having non-entertainment-oriented forums such as the Debate Mansion, it is the people who don't visit them often or at all. Chances that something shall be discussed which is not related to TV and Bollywood and Hollywood actors and shows or just the general feels are scarce. Then again, it's basically an entertainment forum.

Lastly, @topic maker, what would you do to make IF more inclusive?
I do not know how more more people from India would come. 
On gender I feel news about reality shows like Roadies, interviews with actors who are not just star of romantic or saas bahu shows, VJs, comedians, news about channels like Comedy Central,  sports etc can draw interest of males.

From my experience males disappear not just over shows but also due to overwhelming female majority. There were 4 male members in Balika Vadhu forum. Now there are none. EHT had 3 or 4 active male members now only 1 posts occasionally. 

We are missing diverse discussion somehow.
I'm not Indian or even Hindu.
I'm from Pakistan and the reason I joined IF was to discuss my favorite show. I don't have friends in real world to be very honest. Plus in my family people watch Pakistani serials so they don't even what what I do.

My reason to join IF is basically discussion of the show I love. Now I'm addicted to this site because of my friends here.

Plus NRIs and Indian residents do have different POVs but isn't it that every person have different POV?Edited by Preggy - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Preggy

Plus NRIs and Indian residents do have different POVs but isn't it that every person have different POV?

Yes purpose of forums is to allow different POVs. But Indian residents are too less. Every POV should be adequately represented no? What is discussion if mainly NRIs or foreigners are there? 
All Indians also do not have similar views but they do know root conditions and know where others are coming from even if they disagree.

I do not object to presence of NRIs here. I only pointed out lack of Indians on a forum on Indian shows and films.
Sorry but here is example of India bashing on Bollywood forums by either NRIs or other South Asian country citizens. 
See this and this and the posts on this entire page where India bashing is on and some are saying Thank God I don't live in India, I am in NY or Canada!

There is no dearth of NRIs or people from other South Asian countries bashing India, its people, customs and idols people like (like judging Indians' intellect for liking Rajinikanth etc).

And here is a thread on Ek Hasina Thi forum where an English woman is assuming all other posters are Indian women and bashing how Indian women think, saying "we English women use our minds" etc. Assumptions as well as digs on Indians!

These are not the first time such stuff has come.

We can also question these NRIs and foreigners or judge them for their taste. But most of us don't. 

Still it continues.

Hence asking, is this India Forums? Where is "India" here?