Qubool Hai

AsYa OS Teenage Dream

vaishnavi31 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

To @potternerd

Thanks for your idea and I hope this is as good as you expected. Sorry if it isn't :/ But make more requests, with practice I'll get everything right!  I didnt want to make this into a bunch of random fluffy teenage moments, so i went the extra mile and tried to include parents, and a little drama and all that stuff in this. I hope  you enjoy iT! 

To everyone else, you includedπŸ˜†,Its really long but I hope its worth your while. Two parts to it, but Im posting them together!Hope you enjoy !! Happy Reading! I entitled the OS Teenage Dream! Thanks for your idea again @potternerd! Leave your love and comments for me pleaseee?:P  Take care guys!

btw anyone with requests feel free to post them here

I'll keep them in my bank of ideas and ill get around to writing an OS for you on the idea you submitted okay? Note to everyone that Ill be travelling so OS requests may not be posted till after 31st aug. Ill try to get some in before that though so wish me luck

~lots of love from vaishπŸ€—

Teenage Dream

Zoya was religiously eating her cereal, one spoon at a time, making sure she had four pieces of Captain Crunch cereal in each mouthful she took. Soon all the pieces were gone and now was the best part, the milk.

"Zoya! Hurry up!" Zeenat yelled as she honked the car horn yet again.

"Coming Ammi!" she cried back, and downed the whole bowl of milk.

She hastily got up and put her bowl into the sink, grabbed her bag with one hand and with the other she pulled her shoes off the shoe rack and while putting them on, she hopped along the pathway and then jumped into the car.

It was her first day of the new term and Zoya rolled her eyes as she kissed her Ammi then zoomed out of the car, running into the hallway.

"Run Zoey, run! He's gonna kick your..." Her friend Humeira yelled as she saw Zoya speed past her. Zoya took English Literature while Humeira didn't and that was the only class they weren't together, otherwise, they were always together. Best friends, Sisters, everything.

Zoya turned around as Humeira spoke, but when Humeria trailed off and Humeira's eyes bulged out fearfully, she looked in front and her eyes widened as she saw Mr Rashid now on his way to class.

"Uhhh Good Morning Sir!" Humeira babbled and ran off to the other side where she met a laughing Ayaan.

"Miss Farooqui you are late"

"So are you"

Mr Rashid gave her a stern look. "Nevermind. I'm sorry Sir"

His lips turned into a warm smile and so did hers.

"Rashy, so now can you tell me? Did I ace it? I did, didn't I? Tell na" Zoya whined to her favourite teacher. No one knew how a strict teacher like Mr Rashid Ahmed Khan could handle her tantrums. But Rashid was very much impressed with Zoya. She was maybe not the only smartest but most practical. Lots of students he knew would depend on the fact that they were "smart". Zoya however, was more logical, used her common sense. Even if something was difficult she would think and figure her way through. There was a lot more to her than book-sense. She always topped her class, every single subject and because of that all the student envied her. She had tried to make friends but no one ever saw her kindness. Except for Humeira and Ayaan. Her sister cousin, and Humeira's boyfriend.

Zoya found it was really stupid the way Humeira had dreams of teenage love. High school was so overrated. Dreams of teenage love, prom, dresses? This was nothing to Zoya. She lived with her dream to become the most successful heart surgeon and make her mom proud.

To her, it was really impractical. They were teenagers. They should focus on their work. Zoya's parents had separated, her father was unfaithful so this added to Zoya's grey views on love. She used the fact that they were teenagers as her excuse. They were too young, nave, innocent. Liking anyone would be a taboo for her. She believed that there was no such thing as liking someone, as they were too young to know. She knew that her mom and dad had met in high school and always liked each other since then. She never shared that with anyone but Humeira. She wondered how long her excuses could cover up her fear.

"Ahh you're here, Asad"

Zoya turned around to see whom Rashid was speaking to.

He was tall, well built. So young and well built? she thought. Then she rememeberd Rashid talking about a new student. She recalled  vaguely, wondering if it was him.

He was clad in a dark blue jeans, white t-shirt and a black jacket. He had short black hair, with a lone lock brushing into his forehead. Zoya noticed a twinkle in his eyes as he saw her and smiled. She felt herself blush when he showed his dimples to her. He had perfectly white teeth and as he passed her, she felt giddy breathing in, her nose becoming filled with such a masculine yet soapy scent. His bag slung across his shoulders and he walked quickly up to Rashid Sir.

"You're late"

"Sorry, my flight delayed. I only got home an hour ago. Cut me some slack old man!"

Zoya's mouth hung open. No one dared to speak to Rashid Sir like that. Except her. And even she won't go so far, especially on a first meeting.

"Do not forget I'm your teacher" Rashid said before turning around to go to class.

" You both better hurry up, we're late for class" he said as he turned.

"Do not forget I'm your son whom you haven't seen in forever" Asad said agitatedly, and Zoya gasped, raising her palm to her mouth.

They heard Rashid sigh before he came to Asad.

"Welcome home, Son" he said smiling, and gave him a hug.

"Sir?" Zoya asked, shocked.

"Oh yes, Asad, meet Zoya, the top student of this school! Zoya, meet Asad, my son. Actually he was studying abroad as we all used to live there but now he came to complete his next two years here"

"Oh.."

"Come on now. We missed ten minutes of class"

Both followed him inside. Mr Rashid introduced Asad to the class, and Asad could tell he wasn't very welcomed, being the teacher's son and all. Some girls gave him looks that were very seductive and when he ignored them he saw the truth behind their eyes. Girl were just interested in one thing these days. Liking hot guys. And if he wasn't interested, he was just as uninteresting as Zoya. He saw Zoya sitting by herself, and she gave him a knowing smile. He went over to sit by her, realizing that the only other available seat was one next a goth girl who was just a tad bit scary. He imagined sitting next to her and quickly shook away those thoughts and sat quietly next to Zoya.

He had now returned and in the rush to get to school, he forgot the textbook Rashid had left on the breakfast table for him so for class, he had to share Zoya's. His dad shook his head at Asad when he saw that he didn't have his book.

From a thirty-five minute class, he learnt that Zoya was a know-it-all. Not in the boastful way though. She knew everything about everything. She was humble and modest. He realized she hadn't had many friends and every time a question was asked and her hand dove into the air to answer, he heard the sighs and rude comments the students made about her. He saw how his dad ignored everyone else and graciously accept Zoya's answer. From what he had seen outside, he realized his father had a warmth relationship with this student. And from one class with her, he could understand why.

When class was finished, he thanked her for the book and she abruptly left, after a short smile.

"Baaajiii" Humeria cried when she saw her at lunch that day.

"yes?" Zoya answered rudely, and laughed when she saw the pout on Humeira's face.

"Seriously Ayaan, I don't know how you handle this pagli" She said as she got her lunch and began walking towards the table where they usually sat.

"Oh really? At least someone can handle me! No one would dare handle Miss Know-it-all" Humeira smirked, walking behind her with Ayaan at her side.

Zoya turned back to stare menacingly at her, to which Humeira stuck out her tongue.

"Ass" Zoya muttered as she turned in front, but bit her tongue as she came face to face with an astonished Asad.

"Sorry that wasn't for you" she said.

"Really Miss Know-it-all?" he taunted playfully.

"Maybe it was" she huffed and walked around him, to the table. She sat down with Ayaan and Humeira.

"Who was that?" Humeira asked.

"Asad. Asad Ahmed Khan"

"Oh.." Humeira said as she looked up to see Asad standing behind Zoya.

"Hey" Ayaan said, waving politely.

Asad smiled and then sat next to Zoya.

"Oh, sure, go ahead, you can sit here" she said rolling her eyes.

"Thank you" he winked.

"Idiot"

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all"

"Brrr. It's cold in here" Humeira sang.

Ayaan and Asad began laughing first, and soon after Zoya's angry stare at Humeira dissolved, she too began laughing.

And just like that, a new friendship was formed. Asad became a regular, sitting at that table. Zoya was glad she had company instead of having to look at Ayaan and Humeira's disgusting sappy mush everyday by herself. She also knew that Asad was just like her, no one was welcoming and warm to him so she felt great to welcome him herself to their little circle.

Within the next week, Asad and Zoya were assigned together for a paper and research project to work on over their long weekend. They had two holidays as well as the weekend so Mr Rashid had given them enough work to keep them occupied. Asad had invited Zoya to come over to work on the project as he found out they lived only fifteen minutes away from each other. Zeenat agreed to drop her but when she arrived, there was no way she could leave.

"Mrs Farooqui, please come inside. You can meet my parents too, and find out how badly Zoya has been failing from my dad" Asad joked as he spoke to Zeenat. Zoya elbowed him but motioned to Zeenat to come inside.

Asad opened the door for Zeenat and she was greeted by Rashid. Asad and Zoya lingered at the door talking about school and local gossip before they were interrupted by a scream,

"OH MY GODDD"

"It's you!!!"

Both ladies screamed as they hugged each other, and Rashid stood looking from one to the other, confused.

Asad and Zoya came in.

"Ammi what's all this?"

"Everyone, this is Zeenat! THE Zeenat. My high school bestie!"

Many things became clear that evening.

1)    Dilshad and Zeenat went to school together.

2)  They were almost the equivalent to Humeira and Zoya, crazy and mad together.

3)  Dilshad went to England to study where she met and married Rashid.

4)  Rashid wanted to come back and settle in India so he returned when he got the post in Zoya's high school, and Dilshad stayed till Asad complete his second year in school. Now they were all finally back here, in Bhopal.

5)   Asad and Zoya said goodbye to their hopes of finishing their project on that Friday evening. How ironic that parents were the cause of that!

Asad now addressed Zeenat as Phoopie, while Zoya did the day with Dilshad. Zoya couldn't get out of the habit of calling Rashid Sir or her nickname, Rashy.

The next day, Zeenat and Zoya came over again, and this time Zoya and Asad went to his room to work on their project.

Zeenat and Dilshad were in the living room catching up when Asad came outside to get a glass of water. He saw that Dilshad and Zeenat were engrossed in a conversation while he poured the water in his glass. He couldn't help but overhear. He thought if they knew he was there and it was something personal, they would have stopped speaking. When he heard Zoya's name being called he got more interested and ended up drinking his water there before going to refill his glass again.

"I know Dilshad Bi. In fact, Zoya never says anything but I know she is very affected by all this. I wish I could have never met Anwar because he gave Zoya all these bad memories, but then I have my Zoya only because of him. I worry about her so much. She is my jaan. She is always happy, sometimes she has attitude but she has a heart of gold. In school too, she has a hard time. I heard from Rashid someone questioned her about her father. My poor baby.  Some rotten brat named Sarah. Zoya never fails to abuse that girl verbally when I bring her up" She laughed a bit.

"I heard she gave her a fitting answer, but Zoya came home crying that day. Why does my Zoya has to suffer because of Anwars's deeds Dilshad? It's not her fault he was unfaithful to me" 

The last part caught him off guard and before he could stop himself from faltering, he dropped his glass, startling both women.

Zeenat turned around, horrified, as she realized Asad overheard her. Dilshad stood up, followed by Zeenat.

"How long were you there?" she asked.

"Um.. Phoopie.. I heard.."

"Allah miyan! Asad you dropped your glass!" Zoya's voice filled the air before anyone could go on further.

Zoya rushed to Asad and both instinctively bent to pick up the pieces.

"Zoya leave it na. I will clean it"

"No Phoopie. Rehne dijiya. We will do it"

"Sss" Zoya hissed as she got cut.

"Zoya, are you okay?" Asad asked, helping her up.

"Does it look like I'm okay? Such a  big cut. Ahhh" she cried.

"Drama queen shut up!" as he washed the tiny spot on her finger.

"Dekho na Phoopie how he is scolding me" she sniffed coming to Dilshad.

"Very bad Asad" Dilshad reprimanded.

Asad took a napkin and pressed it to her wound, compressing it to soak up the blood.

"Better?" he asked.

"NO" she yelled.

She then ran up to Zeenat.

"Ammiii kissey do na " she whined.

Zeenat chuckled at her craziness then raised her finger to her mouth and kissed it.

"Yayyy now it's better" Zoya cheered and then ran back to Asad's room.

Dilshad laughed at her antics while Asad looked adoringly at her retreating figure.

"Asad? Zoya never told this to anyone. So don't let her know that you know, okay?"

"But Phoopie..."

"Please Asad, she has finally started warming up to someone other than Humeira and Ayaan. I don't want to spoil this for her"

"Okay Phoopie."

The year of school passed by really quickly. Asad and the trio were always together. But more than the friendship between the four, Zoya and Asad's relationship had grown. They were always together. Be it for group project, or visits at each other's homes, trips to the mall, watching movies at the cinema.

Without realizing. Zoya started depending on someone. A male.

One of those species.

Asad liked spending time with Zoya. He admired that after going through so much, she would be so free and contented. She had her moods during which he would be the only one to know how to handle her, besides Humeira that is, but most times she was as bubbly and bright as ever.

Their parents already had ideas of bringing them together after college, but never gave away their desires to their kids because they did not want to impose their thoughts on them, or make them feel weird. If it had to happen, it would happen for itself.

One day at school, Zoya was rushing off to meet Asad by the tree on the southern side of the school. They had to study for a biology examination and that spot was their new hang out spot. Since recently, they would leave Ayaan and Humeira to themselves occasionally and hang out together.

While she was running out the hallway, she bumped into Sarah.

Sarah always hated Zoya. Sarah was the perfect cheerleading "Barbie" of the school and was jealous that a hot guy like Asad could give his attention to Zoya only. Sarah used to always make fun of Zoya and since Asad came along, she was even more hostile.

"What's your problem?"

"Excuse me?" Zoya replied.

"Who do you think you are? Bumping into me?" she said cockily, flipping her hair. Sarah was wearing a short black skirt and a sleeveless top with red lipstick. She looked cheap. As usual.

"Even I don't care to bump into you okay?Hmph" Zoya huffed before going to walk off.

"Oh yeah. Just like your dad right? Bump into people's life then don't own up and walk off?"

Zoya's fists were so tight, her nails dug into her skin.

"Why don't you shut your s**tty mouth?" She gritted through her teeth.

"The real s**t was your moth.." She stopped as Zoya hand came in contact with her face.

After recovering from her shock, she was about to slap back Zoya, when a firm hand stopped her in midair.

It was Asad who stepped in front of Zoya and Held Sarah's hand.

"You should be ashamed. If it happened to you, you would never treat Zoya the way you do. Tsk tsk tsk. Zoya may be unlucky but your dad is worse off. He has a daughter like you. Do not ever say a word to Zoya again" he said, spitting fury with his eyes.

Everyone who had gathered in the hallway suddenly dispersed as Rashid came there.

Sarah was given detention while Zoya was still standing there, dumbstruck. Rashid was about to talk to Zoya; what she did was wrong by slapping a student, so technically she would have to get detention too,  when she suddenly ran off.

"Zoya! Zoya!" Asad called after her, darting off, leaving Rashid alone. Rashid was thinking about what had just happened. He knew Zoya was a strong girl but he still felt sorry that she had to go through so much. He smiled to himself as he knew now his son would take good care of her. Even after school was finished.

Asad was hustling everyone outside, looking for Zoya. Humeira and Ayaan saw him like this and helped him look for her.

After checking the library where Zoya loved to drown herself in books, and the caf, and the lab, Asad halted.

"Why didn't I think of that before?" he said.

"Ayaan, Humeira! You both go ahead. I know where Zoya is. I'll find her and she will go home with me. Dad will drop her."

"Okay. Let her call me when she gets home okay?"

"Yes Humeira" he said impatiently before running off to the tree. Their spot.

He had called his dad and explained, who forwarded the message to Zeenat.

When he finally got to the tree, he was panting, sweaty and tired.

"Zoya"

Part Two

She was sitting, her knees hiding her face as her arms hugged them to her.

He could hear her softly sobbing. His heart broke seeing her like this.

He got no reaction from her so he knelt and reached out to rub her back. She still didn't speak, even look at him.

He then stretched his arms out and embraced her. She continued crying but wouldn't change her position. She didn't want him to see her like this. The only person who ever saw her cry was Zeenat and Rashid.

Rashid had witness a similar situation and scolded the student for insulting Zoya. Later he found Zoya crying and tried to calm her down. Hence the warmth between the two.

"Shhh it's okay. It's okay. I'm here" he said softly, trying to remove her hands from around her knees and raise her head up to look up at him.

"Look at me Zoya"

"Nahi. I don't want you to see me like this"

"Too late" he said before tickling her.

"Ahhh! Asad stop!!"

"Stop fool! People will think I'm raping you"

To this, she snorted and released her knees and started laughing.

Her eyes were red and puffy and Asad felt tortured seeing her like this.

She laughed for a few seconds and then looked at him and her beautiful laughter soon escaped into loud cries. Asad held her face in his hand and wiped her tears but when they kept falling, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer to him, to which she hadn't resisted.

He moved them backward a bit till he was leaning against the tree trunk and she herself turned her face into the crook of his neck, grabbing on to his shoulders. He ran a hand over her hair, playing with her black silky locks between his fingers and kissing her hair to soothe her while the other hand was on her lap.

"Shhh. Don't worry. Sarah won't ever dream of speaking to you again"

"Thanks" she spluttered out between tears.

"No Zoya, don't say thanks for that"

"Mmm" she quietly agreed as she calmed down.

She pulled away when her tears subsided and looked at him. He removed his arm from around her neck which was caressing her hair and wiped away tear stains from her reddened cheeks.

She sniffed and he saw her nose running. She started digging into her bag for a napkin, feeling embarrassed but before she could get to it, Asad got his handkerchief out and raised it to her nose, wiping up for her.

"Asaaaddd what are you doing idiot?" she nagged pulling the cloth away from him and wiping her nose herself.

"What I should do" he said matter of factly and smiled.

She ruffled his hair and then her eyes were as big as saucers.

"Shit! It's late. Mom must be..."

"Don't worry. I spoke to dad. He spoke to Phoopie. He's just finishing up some work in his office then we'll leave and will drop you home"

"Thanks God!"

"You scared me" he said quietly.

"I.."

"Why did you run off like that? I was there with you!" he said, irritated.

"I'm sorry" she said, her eyes pooling with tears again.

She put her hand on his, and it was then they realized her hand was on her lap.

He pulled it away, still keeping her hand on his.

"I actually didn't know how to face you after that. I never even told you..."

"I already knew" He said and explained about the day when he overheard Zeenat and Dilshad.

"And you never even asked me?"

"I never wanted you to feel bad or uncomfortable"

"What would I do without you?"

"Nothing!" He said cockily and she smacked his arm.

"Come on, Dad must be waiting"

Together they got up and headed home with Rashid.

High school was about to finish. After the last incident with Sarah, many students began warming up to Asad and Zoya. None could be best friends like Ayaan and Humeira but were always friendly. Even Sarah would be polite to Asad. To Zoya, she never spoke a word but would always try to get Asad's attention and be nice to Zoya only in front of Asad. Preparations for prom were going on and everyone was caught up in their fairytale ideas of prom.

"Zoyaaa! Oh my God. This is gonna be amazing!"

"Would you shut up? You have been at it for hours."

"Oh come on Zoya! Don't tell me you're not excited for prom"

"I'm not even going to come"

"Whattt! Nooo Prom is an important part of school life. After this is college. You can't not come to prom"

"You go and enjoy with Ayaan" she said bitterly.

"Ohhh so I see. You're worried Mr Asad Ahmed Khan doesn't ask  you?"

"I don't want him to"

"Zoya..."

"Humeira..."

"I know you like him. It's pretty obvious you both have a thing"

"We're just friends"

"For now"

"You know I hate these things. And besides, Asad sees me as a friend only, so do I"

"So if he asks you?"

"He won't"

"He will"

"How are you so sure?"

"For his whole high school life here, he has never paid attention any girl except you. Well by extension of you, Me. But he has always been with you"

"But as a friend"

"So what's wrong with going to a prom with a friend? Better than staying home."

"Look, I'm just looking out for my dear Zoya baaji okay?" Humeira said, lightening up the situation. I'm sure she'd come to prom Asad. I'll make sure. She remembered her promise to Asad.

"I know. Come on, we have to go pick up your dress" Zoya said cheerfully.

"Zoyaaa"

"Asaaaddd"

"I heard from a certain birdie that you're coming to prom and are wearing blue and green"

"That birdie is a lying bas***d"

"Oh come on Zoya"

"Wait, you're going?"

"Of course, it's prom!"

"Oh.. um so Who are you taking?" she swallowed so her voice won't sound shaky.

"Come and you'll see."

"Asad!"

"Please?"

"Fine. It's not like I can escape Mom or Humeira"

Prom night

"Oh my. MashaAllah, Humeira Begum, you look ravishing"              

Humeira was decked off in a strapless green gown with jade earrings. She looked beautiful.

"Waise, you don't look any less" She said to Ayaan, blushing as she admired him in his black dress pants, white shirt, black jacket and a tie to match her dress.

A loud retching sound was made.

"So Miss Zoya decided to show up." Humeira said as she turned but was dumbfounded. Long sleeved turquoise top, and the saree itself was two toned, green and yellow with the pallu decorated with yellow beads. She looked like a pari. Her make-up was simple and elegant.

"Zoya you look beautiful!"

"So do you Humeira"

Zoya kept looking out for Asad . She had seen Rashid Sir and greeted him who said Asad was somewhere around.

Soon after she saw Sarah walk in with a short, handkerchief length red dress and black heels.

Zoya rolled her eyes.

Soon after Humeira and Ayaan were dancing but Zoya sat at their table waiting for Asad. Just then she caught a glimpse of him and he approached her. Unfortunately, his attempt led to him being pulled away to the dance floor with Sarah.

Zoya was so angry and frustrated that she got up and walked out.

"Zoya"

"Oh so now you remember me?"

"Come on Zoya. I only know what all I had to do to get out of her evil clutched"

She scoffed.

They were both in the gazebo a little away from the entrance to the dance hall.  They could hear the music but it was softer from outside.

"Jealous?" he said, coming closer and standing near her.

"Just go back inside okay?" she snapped.

"Zoya?"

She sighed and he made her look to him.

"High school is over. We're both going to go our separate ways, I just..."

"You're gonna miss me?"

"Shut up"

"I don't know about you, but I do know that I will miss you."

" I just wished I hadn't.."

"You hadn't what?"

"Nothing"

Seeing that she wouldn't explain further he held his hand out to her.

When he saw her furrow her eyebrows, he said "Dance"

"Oh.."

"Oh wait! Before I forget, Ammi had me get you a corsage... but" He stuttered while digging around his pockets. He trailed off when he couldn't find it.

She narrowed her eyes at him and then shook her head, and turned away from him.

"What's the matter with you?"

"Why are you asking me? Don't worry. I just can't believe you're so calm about it."

"About what?"

He was now right behind her, she was holding on to the railings and playing with the flowers that dangled from them absently.

"High school's over. I'll go to Med School and you..."

"Architecture"

"Exactly"

"And?"

"And? How could you say that? Doesn't it matter? Ugh You know what, just forget it!" she stomped off.

"Yes Zoya, walk away from me. Go ahead. I'm trying to make tonight a night to remember for us and you..."

Zoya felt tears in her eyes and before they could fall, Asad was there with her, turning her to face him.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because it's a night to remember"

"What?"

"I mean that from now on, we'll only have our high school memories to look back on. We'll be in different places and I.. I'll miss you"

He took her face in his hands.

"And?"

"Idiot!"

He laughed and took her in for a hug.

"You're such a drama queen"

"Shut up"

"So all this was about missing me? Let me let you in on something. I've decided to work in my uncle's construction firm instead of going to England."

"Mmm" she said, her voice muffled in his shirt.

"And you're going to med school, right here in Bhopal too."

"Mmm"

"And.. are you even listening?"

"Yes I am" she scoffed and pulled away.

Her mouth opened to go on and then her eyes widened in realization.

"So. we will.."

"Yup"

"Yippiee" she yelled and jumped on him, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck and he stepped back to balance himself against the gazebo and held her against him.

"Wait, why didn't you tell me this before?"

"It was supposed to be special"

"Oh yeah, wait till I'm crying like an idiot."

"Hey, at least you said it this time"

"Heyyy" her mouth was O shaped and she was about to speak.

"Before you hurl dirty insults at me, you may want to know that I've found your corsage, so if you'll let me.." He trailed off and stretched out his hand.

She smiled and gave him her hand.

"I'm sure Dilshad Phoopie ate your head off for you to get this for me"

"You're right. In fact, I still don't understand how she knew you were going to be here. Even I thought you mighten show"

"Yeah I know maybe Ammi told her"

"Hmm" he said while concentrating on tying her corsage.

"Waise... Asad?"

"Yeah?"

"Umm, why did you bring me a corsage? I mean, if you knew I was coming for sure you would have done so ?"

"Why not?" he asked, indifferently, as he finished tying it.

"Because you only give your date corsagaes"

"And?"

"Mmm nothing" she turned away and this time he held her hand and spun her into his side.

"Is it too late to ask you to dance?"

She chuckled and nodded and let him pull her against his.

They danced together, Zoya trying her best not to stomp on his new shoes.

"Zoya?"

"Yeah?"

"If I really went to England, would you have missed me so much?"

"What?" she scoffed, "uhh nooo"

"You're the worst liar"

"You're the worst friend" she pouted.

"Friendzoning me?"

"Is that a problem with you?"

"I think that's definitely a problem with you"

"Why'd you say that?"

He spun her again and when he twirled her this time, she found herself pulled flush against him, his hands snaking around her waist tightly, touching the exposed piece of her stomach, sending shivers down her spine. Her cheeks were beet red and Asad leaned down to inhale her fruity scent as she clinged to him.

"Because if I knew any better, I'd say that you've fallen for me, Miss Zoya Farooqui" he whispered.

She drew in a sharp intake of air and shut her eyes, her eyebrows crinkling at her forehead, tension visible. She thought of her past, her parents, her dad. So strange how she ever got attached to anyone after Humeira, no boy even, until Asad came along. Her new mindset gave her the confidence and courage she needed. This was the end of high school, at least she could get this moment right.

"And what..what if I have?" she said softly and slowly, as if she were testing his reaction before it came.

She opened her eyes just in time to see Asad shut his and a smile made its way onto his face.

"Tonight was already the best night of my life, but now, I think tonight I have lived my life in one night"

"Asad?" she asked, shocked.

He leaned and kissed her forehead and then pulled her in for a hug.

"I feel the same way Zoya, I feel the same way too"

"I never thought I would feel this way for anyone"

"I know. Which is why I never told you how I felt, I didn't want to throw away our friendship."

"You mean you realized long before?"

"Yes, I did. But the wait was worth it. You warmed up to me so well and tonight I barely had to do anything to hear those words from you"

"You did everything Asad, everything" she sighed contentedly, placing her hand on his cheek and he gave her a knowing look.

"If you're emotional drama is over, can I continue to have this dance with my beautiful date?"

"Of course!"

Asad held her hand in his, the other around her waist and her hand on his chest. They swayed to the  sound of their heartbeats as another song filled the air, dj-ing their teenage romance.

saanson ko saanson mein dhalne do zara

He leaned her forehead to hers.

As if on que, it started to rain, and Zoya pulled Asad outside the gazebo to get drenched.

dheemi si dhadkan ko badhne do zara

In the rain they stood and Zoya took it upon herself to place Asad's hand on her waist and then linked her hands around his neck

lamhon ki guzarish hai yeh paas aa jaayen

Asad moved a stray lock that was plastered to her face to the side.

hum.. hum tum..

He leaned down and Zoya closed her eyes expectantly, tilting her head upward.

tum.. hum tum..

When their lips finally touched, Zoya felt herself go faint and her stomach felt funny. Asad held her tightly as if sensing her dwindling emotions, assuring her. She smiled against his lips and broke their contact.

"I don't know, but I think I might l.."

"Shhh" he whisepered, his breath fanning her face and warming her even though the rains had her shivering.

He captured her lips again and again until she hid her face in his chest, engulfing him in a bear hug. He kissed her hair.

"High school may be over, but our story has now started, Mrs Doctor Ahmed Khan"

Edited by vaishnavi31 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Divya.S.R thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
res
Unres

This is the first time I'm reading your work.. πŸ˜³
Man!! Your too good... πŸ‘

Kinjal.. sweets.. Really good suggestion... πŸ€—

So coming to the update...
Loved Zoya's cute characterization... Humaira's craziness... 
Zoya and rashid's bond was really sweet and heartwarming...
So Asad.. the first guy Zoya noticed properly is her Rashy's son... πŸ˜† yeh itefaaq bhi kya cheez hai... 
Loved Zoya and Asad's budding friendship...
So sad.. It hurts to find out Anwar's cheating act... Poor Zeenat and Zoya... how difficult it must have been... 
Stupid Sarah!! πŸ˜‘ ek thapad doon kya usko??
Asad stood up for her.. he gave sarah a proper answer... badi aayi jealousy dikhane ke liye... πŸ˜‘
Aww... Asad wanted Zoya to be his date.. Loved how he tried consoling and convincing her.. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Loved their little romancing and dance.. So finally she confessed... β˜ΊοΈ
Loved the story.. Really good.. πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Divya.S.R - 9 years ago
princess101 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

OMG this was just sooo cute I loved every single part of this OS it was just to good
This was a amazing piece of work I love all Asya in school and college stories 
Im literlly awing  reading this it was so cute 
super duper cute 
defiantly one of my Fav OS's ever 
loved it  a lot
Cant wait for more OS's by u waiting eagerly πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by princess101 - 9 years ago
ak020203 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Loved the OS..
Soft, sweet and romantic..
Thanks
vaishnavi31 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Divya.S.R

res

Unres

So Asad.. the first guy Zoya noticed properly is her Rashy's son... πŸ˜† yeh itefaaq bhi kya cheez hai... 
So sad.. It hurts to find out Anwar's cheating act... Poor Zeenat and Zoya... how difficult it must have been... 
Asad stood up for her.. he gave sarah a proper answer... badi aayi jealousy dikhane ke liye... πŸ˜‘
Aww... Asad wanted Zoya to be his date.. Loved how he tried consoling and convincing her.. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Really? I wrote quite a bit on QH forums but I guess its my good luck you saw this and read itπŸ˜‰ ikr Lovely suggestionπŸ˜ƒ
 Zoya was like a little baby, glad you liked both of them! I kind of used reference from myself and my best friend😳
I guess Zoya found in Rashid what she should have found in her father😊 
Thanks  hahahaha Sarah is like another tanu,😑
these billis🀒  ek thapad? sirf ek? one is not enoughπŸ˜†
 Thanks you soo much for such a long and funny commentπŸ˜†πŸ˜† Take care! And thanks for reading πŸ€—
vaishnavi31 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ak020203

Loved the OS..

Soft, sweet and romantic..
Thanks

Thank YOU!πŸ˜‰
Glad you liked it dear, and youre more than welcome!!!! dont thank me πŸ˜›πŸ˜³ well appreciated but i write for you guys only naπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰no thank yous ❀️ Take careπŸ˜ƒ
potternerd thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Res πŸ˜Š
Super excited to read πŸ˜ƒ

Unres

Wow I woke up in the morning and this was the first thing I saw !!! πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks a ton for writing this OS

It was everything I had imagined and much more πŸ‘

Zoya the topper...asad the teacher's son...sarah the b*itch...ayaan n humeira the love birds...typicall high school scenario β­οΈ

Zeenat and dilshaad high school besties πŸ‘πŸΌ

Prom was superb...zoya in a saree wow

Dancing in the rain to an amazing and perfect song

Mrs Dr Ahmed Khan πŸ˜³πŸ˜³ the last line gave me butterflies in the stomach

Thanks again I'm so so so glad you wrote it

I have always loved reading about asya in their teens 

Perfect title⭐️

Made my day πŸ€—
Edited by potternerd - 9 years ago
Pagalpinky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That was sooo sweet :)

I loved imagining a young high school version of asad

Also l loved that you made zoya ayan asad humeira close friends

Thanks! Amazing writing!
_Lavender_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Its Lovely❀️..Beautifully written⭐️

Keep writing!😊
potternerd thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Divya.S.R

res

Unres

Thanks Divya πŸ˜³πŸ€—