Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

aparnauma

IF-Sizzlerz

aparnauma

Posted: 14 August 2014 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Siddharth Shukla

Was Bollywood always your end-goal?
I would be lying if I say that I did not want to be an actor; I always wanted to do something in Bollywood. I did television to learn acting. As a child, whenever I would watch films, I would dream of being those actors. I've always admired Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan and Mithun Chakraborty...

How did Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania come your way?
Karan narrated the role and told me that it was okay to say No' if I didn't like the part. He told me he wouldn't hold it against me and that I had the liberty to decline the part. I think it was really kind of him to say that.  There was no pressure on me to agree to the film. But I liked my character and the way I was going to be presented. So I went ahead and  signed the film.

Has the initial shock-of-stardom settled?

It is really overwhelming and I'm getting a good response from everywhere. I'm grateful that so much love has come my way. I hope I can make something good of it and continue with decent work in the future too. 

Was your friend John Abraham responsible for recommending you?
Karan went ahead and signed me purely based on his gut-feeling. The process was very transparent. John and I were friends during our modelling days and he got busy after that. So we are not constantly in touch. But I know he is a well wisher and will always be happy for me.

Was this the first film offered to you?
Before television, there were many movies that came my way but nothing worked out eventually. I think the only reason was that I used to be a miserable actor. And that's when I realised that I really needed to work on myself. So I thought television was the best opportunity for me to learn and I would also make money because that's equally important.

How is KJo as a mentor?
Frankly speaking, he is not just a mentor but a friend too. Karan is so accessible. I can go up to him and talk about anything. In a way, he's taken me under his wings. He is always ready to hear what I have to say. The best thing that has happened to me is that I have got an opportunity to switch over to movies with his banner.

How different is television from films?
Well, movies are highly planned and you work on a bound-script. On the other hand, television is instant. TV shows run on TRPs while movies run on the content. There is a lot of detailing that goes into shooting a film. There is detailing in television too, but you just need to get done with the scenes. They're quite different!

With your Bollywood career on the horizon, are you going to give up on TV?
I don't want to speak out-of-turn, but I really don't know what I'll be doing and how things are going to pan out. I will take each day as it comes. I'm continuing with television as of now...

Will your fan-following on TV get you more eyeballs for Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania?
People know me and my work and I think it's definitely an added advantage. But there are people who are not that well-known and still manage to carry a film on their shoulders.

A lot of TV boys are shifting base to films. Who's your strongest competitor?
I don't really think of competition. I want to make a mark for myself at this point. I consider my characters to be competitors. I want to get better with each of them...

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

shaminkanglekrutisurora10091988RosySmileAnjujag_Jaya_-LaibaChit15StupendousAnGeLppp333TheepetronaussMisseshardjhaWingsOfHeartumamChoco.ButterPhoenixRainbowAyeshaC4Sidonlinebuddy75Russhme22nandita_bVianAnjali_MehwisMixcoTreeHemaG

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Siddharth Shukla's interview to Star Dust" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Missesha

IF-Dazzler

Missesha

Posted: 14 August 2014 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
I always enjoy reading his interviews. He is honest and modest at the same time. Very balanced. Makes right use of words and facts. Also knows when to turn dowm or divert intriguing questions without being obvious. 
His communication skills are awesome just like his looks and personality. ..

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

-Laiba_Jaya_StupendousAnGeLWingsOfHeartPhoenixRainbowChoco.ButterumamRusshme22ViamuniquestyleAyeshaC4Sidonlinebuddy75nandita_bVianaparnauma--SudhaS--MehwisMixcoTree

--SudhaS--

IF-Sizzlerz

--SudhaS--

Posted: 15 August 2014 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Missesha

I always enjoy reading his interviews. He is honest and modest at the same time. Very balanced. Makes right use of words and facts. Also knows when to turn dowm or divert intriguing questions without being obvious. 

Bold@ Agree very much on that part!
He was honest right from the beginning when he took up Hskd, that it was a guest role.
And that's what I admire most about Sid!  Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

onlinebuddy75nandita_bVian

nandita_bVian

IF-Sizzlerz

nandita_bVian

Posted: 15 August 2014 at 1:43am | IP Logged
thanks for posting this interview aparna...Smile
Sid's interviews are always a treat to read...Embarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

onlinebuddy75Russhme22aparnauma

Theepetronauss

Goldie

Theepetronauss

Posted: 15 August 2014 at 1:43am | IP Logged
TFS :) He is honest to the T , he actually admits that he used to be a miserable actor in his initial days as an actor ! Wow! I guess not many would actually admit that...Also liked what he said about competition, he seems to be very secure in his space and that's a good thing..Good to know that as of now he is continuing BV :)

Russhme22onlinebuddy75aparnauma

umam

IF-Dazzler

umam

Posted: 15 August 2014 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Thanks Aparna..Smile
It is a pleasure reading Sidharth's interviews... Loved his thoughts on competition Thumbs Up

onlinebuddy75Russhme22aparnauma

rdjha

IF-Dazzler

rdjha

Posted: 15 August 2014 at 2:01am | IP Logged
TFS Aparna!!
love his interviews ...very honest and to the point!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

onlinebuddy75Russhme22

AyeshaC4Sid

IF-Rockerz

AyeshaC4Sid

Posted: 15 August 2014 at 2:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Missesha

You are absolutely right ,I completely agree with you 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

onlinebuddy75

Post Reply New Post

Go to top