•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Anjaan Reviews
Posted by: Ramchander Updated: Thursday, August 14, 2014, 23:33 [IST]

Surya's Anjaan is one of the most-anticipated movies of the 2014. The movie is releasing with mammoth expectations and the industry has kept high hopes on this flick. While the movie is releasing in India on August 15, it is seeing the light of the day in foreign countries today (August 14).

Anjaan, which is releasing in Telugu as Sikander, is an action-packed thriller set in Mumbai. Surya will be reprising two characters of Raju Bhai and Krishnan. Vidyut Jamwal plays the character named Chandru, who is the crime partner of Surya. Samantha plays the female lead role and she will be seen in her glamarous best in Tamil. Soori, Rajpal Yadav, Manoj Bajpai, Dalip Tahil, and many others are in the cast.

The technical team comprises of Yuvan Shankar Raja for music department, Santosh Sivan for cinematography and Anthony for editing. The music of the movie has already won the hearts of the audiences. And the brilliance of the editor and the cinematographer are clearly visible in the promotional videos of the Anjaan.

Early Reviews From International Circuit

The early reviews say that the Tamil movie is a well-made commercial entertainer. People are praising the Surya's entry, good background score, Samantha's glamarous acts etc. The audience welcome the hero's entry by blowing whistles and shouting his names with all energy. His chemistry with the heroine works well. Vidyut Jamwal is in a different kind of role altogether but people are not talking much about his role. Comedian Soori appears like doesn't have much screen presence. The first half is fully entertaining and passes without any boring moment. The screenplay by director Lingusamy is good. In short, the first half is packed with action sequences, romance and twists. The second half verdict is awaited.

Read more at:
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/reviews/2014/anjaan-movie-review-156907.html
Waiting to see the movie this eve 
^ Lucky you! 😭 Remember to post your review! 
Sreedhar Pillai @sri50

Anjaan-2.5/5. Does not live up 2 expectation. Suriya does his best but script lets him down. Best moment in lengthy film is interval block.

Anjaan - 2.5/5. It is made like a masala entertainer.The Mumbai actors who play the bad guys lip sync does not match. Sam looks glamorous

ithuvaraikum padicha reviews la ellam kaluvi laluvi uthirukanga... such a shame...πŸ˜’

looking forward to what people have to say here...

Originally posted by supercool3

^ Lucky you! 😭 Remember to post your review! 

Lucky You πŸ˜³
if expect,surely u will disappointed ,i dont find anything gr8 since such a hype created but may be its good movie for Surya fans 
Rosh - You didn't like it?

Zindagi-Samarata - You're right. I guess over-expectation and hype can be a negative factor

The reviews haven't been that great at all πŸ˜•

I was so damn sure this movie would work πŸ€” Lingusamy + Surya + Vidyut Jamwal + Santosh Sivan + Yuvan + the whole crew ... what went wrong πŸ˜•

Originally posted by supercool3

Rosh - You didn't like it?
Zindagi-Samarata - You're right. I guess over-expectation and hype can be a negative factor

The reviews haven't been that great at all πŸ˜•

I was so damn sure this movie would work πŸ€” Lingusamy + Surya + Vidyut Jamwal + Santosh Sivan + Yuvan + the whole crew ... what went wrong πŸ˜•

agreed,especially Surya's look which is goosebumps ,it might be good compare with other crab movie but now this script of utter disappointing when  expectation were high ,
this is the right time to Lingusamy to change his old formulas,especially when he make a project for actor like surya ,i will take sometime to accept  Samantha  in glamorous roleπŸ˜•,

i wish surya's next collaboration with  GM,ARM or Bala  even i was never satisfied in singham series

^ Especially with Surya, the audience always expects something different from him. I'll still watch the movie though eventually, but I guess my expectations have gone down after seeing the negativity.

And Sam, I don't like her in glamour roles.