Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-poloenigma- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I stressed on rebellion because it was used as a sort of justification in that context , so my question is can we justify that ? Realism...we're going off at a tangent here...we are not debating as to what portrays realism here..rather we are questioning his ethics. Lets not get into what 'people' (read: people with traditional mindset) blame Jagya for...that's going off at a tangent yet again. Here I'm not criticising him because of the fact that he outgrew his childbride...which is ofcourse as you said a very real human thing...but so is corruption (which Jagya has previously indulged in), murder, terrorist activity, rape...all these portray realism too no?...today if a guy is portrayed as a rapist, we cannot possibly defend him using realism , or the sorry state of his own mental condition or say a troubled past...Because if we bring that into the picture we can also get 100000000 other radically different instances..Edited by Theepetronauss - 9 years ago
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
His rebellion is not cited as any justification neither is there any question of going off tangent .

All that happened in his life is not bcoz he was an evil seed but coz it was a chain of events , a domino effect .

What was stressed in this serial was that outgrowing the choice of elders is a paap . Ghor paap . BV is a most hypocritical serial in which

child marraige is shown wrong but the same child bride , the choice of elders is hailed perfect

the temerity to rebel against it is regarded as a shocking sin

women's rights r the facade but total subservience to tyranny of sasural , be it BH or KB is advocated as 'good' 'proper' behaviour 

stress is constantly laid on 'how to rebel' ...is there really a format for that ? Rebellion is like lava , it happens . Many get burnt in the process .

Is Anandi's mental conditioning to her abusers good  or healthy ? No , its not .  That conditioned , pucca mind is an effect . A negative effect where the wish to rebel dies . Its that sad .

Another effect is Jagya and what he became .

Nothing and nobody is good or bad here . 
-poloenigma- thumbnail
Nobody here is painting Jagya black and Anandi white rather we are painting his way of dealing with THAT particular situation as black . See the difference ? If we are talking about the two different characters, then even I find Anandi unrealistic at times and not to forget a doormat but then she didn't shut off her moral conscience and crush another person deliberately the way Jagya did. Jagya is sure an interesting , true to life character just like how Gauri is, both were equally at fault but BV conviniently painted Gauri in a shade darker , as the 'doosri aurat' who brainwashed innocent Jagya and trapped him whereas in reality it was the other way around. Jagya's sins/mistakes outnumber that of Gauri's ANYDAY. So BV is hypocritical here too isn't it ?Edited by Theepetronauss - 9 years ago
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yes i see the difference and my point is , there is no correct way to rebel . No format . That yeah , he can rebel , but he must not do this etc . He should do this . No . When elders do some abuse , effects cannot be controlled . Effects r also not the same with victims . So Anandi cannot be 'good ' and Jagya can't be 'bad' . And the elders who did this can't be grief stricken and holy . They patted the clay . Neither can he be bad for outgrowing Anandi [ how dare he !!!!!!!!!] coz she is the more endearing victim due to her docility . He is simply Jagya .
-poloenigma- thumbnail
Time and again I have stressed on the exact same thing - " he cannot be bad for outgrowing Anandi" We already get it and agree with it. But was his WAY or METHOD of doing it morally right ? Simple question. I'm not asking whether it is realistic nor discussing about the fundamentals of rebellion. Leaving Anandi was not a sin but the way he treated her, was it ethically correct ?
Libra123 thumbnail
Jagya anandi never meant to be together, they were together coz of child marriage. What they had was teenage crush and both were very well aware of it. Jagya went out of it when he found gauri, anandi went out of it when she found shiv. jagya insulted anandi after he found gauri and anandi insulted jagya after she found shiv. Jagya had the guilt of rejecting anandi(could not have SR with gauri for a long time), anandi had the guilt of rejecting jagya(could not have SR with shiv). 
Jagya enjoyed gauris company before marrying, anandi enjoyed shiv company before marrying. If jagya said anandi is his sacha pyar and still walked out of it, anandi said jagya is her sacha pyar but still walked out of it. That's coz that what they thought. That's what they were told from childhood. both the cases are exactly same. 
Only difference, jagya went of the marriage by rebelling and going against the family, anandi did it by convincing her family. 
The point is both of them got what they wanted. They got out of child marriage which never meant to happen. Both of them happy in their own lives. So, no point bashing one particular character about what happened.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Nobody is finding fault with him for rebelling against child marriage.Nobody finds fault with him if he wanted out of a marriage that was foisted on him when he did not even know the meaning of it.Even if he did not consider Anandi as his wife he could have told her that he wanted out of this child marriage because his interests and thoughts on life have changed.He owed that to her as a friend who has been with him through thick and thin and this decision of his affects her too.

Didn't he owe an explanation to her? Had he told his reasons for wanting out she would have fought for his rights to move out of the marriage.She would have supported his decision to move out.
But no he did not tell her that because he didn't have guts to tell her the truth instead he just belittled her for years before he finally let her know that he fell in love with someone else and not for once did he spare a thought for her or her future.

Anandi too rebelled against child marriage instead her rebellion is directed against the custom called child marriage.He himself has seen Anandi rushing to prevent child marriages from happening.Why didn't he share his feelings about their marriage with her?Where was the need to walk all over her to get what he wanted from life?

His second marriage with his great Saccha Pyarr also ended up badly and this time both him and Gauri were equally responsible.Nobody expected him to stay in a relationship which was suffocating him.Instead of telling her straight that her and her ways are suffocating him he chose to find fault with her for her lies which were far less harmful than the lies he told her.What prevented him from telling her that he didn't want to be in a relationship anymore?

Both the times he never told the truth that he wanted out of the relationship but he found faults with his partners and walked out.

It is not just he walked out it is the way he dealt with his relationships that is being faulted he was not being faulted for leaving Anandi or Gauri but it is the way he ended those relationships without introspecting and laying the blame squarely on the partner in questipn..

Edited by aparnauma - 9 years ago
Awfulggt thumbnail
Originally posted by: aparnauma

I don't understand why Dsa is worried about Gauri's actions and this is the same lady who forced Anandi to pretend as Jagya's wife during the JAMNESIA drama and believed that Anandi could be given to either Shiv or Jagya according to her own wish and will.

</div>
She is worried about Gauri's tamasha?

<div>How did she forget all the tamasha that her ladesar did when he left Gauri and decided that he wanted Anandi back?

Trying to defend DS here : 😆

Her fears do make sense. she probably had more confidenceon anandi than she has on J now. She knows fully well about him , doesn't she? what if he starts feeling for gauri eventually and thinks of jumping back. Jumping from relation to relation is not new to him, right? When it was anandi,Ds knew that she will remain committed to one person (at that time it was Shiv). After all DS knew how anandi put up with her abusers because she was committed in first marriage. this is why DS is not okay now and okay then .

Edited by The_Alchemist. - 9 years ago
Awfulggt thumbnail
Originally posted by: SRKLuvr

When I saw J doing teej with Ganga today it looked so wrong, insincere and like a jokebecause you've already seen him do it with two other girls and I remember his teej with Gauri as well. Teej has absolutely no meaning when played with in this way.

Agree , it looked like a joke. I hope I'll come out of it if hecontinues to stay in one relationship, at least for 10 years continuously without going for anymore saccha pyaars and sindoor brand marriages. 😳
SPuja thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Can anybody tell me which three times Gauri rejected J? The apology letter time, they did not show Gauri and recently she said she did not received any letter - it is not clear whether it was the same Gauri. When she rejected to come to see J (when Lal Singh called) - J does not know this - can we call this as rejection? I cannot understand what is referred to as third time - perhaps when J slapped her and said he is going and she said something? If both were rejecting each-other in anger at that time, can we say Gauri rejected J?