Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mocking_bird thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
It is too good, Payel.. 
Written from Duryodha's point of view, this is really heart warming..really no one could speak for him..probably fearing it would be going against the mind.. small minds that we have, we are safe (or so we think) by singing paeans to the people whom the whole world considered as pure as the dew. So he had to speak up for himself and I did like his first impression of Karna..😳 

Very well written..kudos..πŸ‘
Ryuki thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Good story.πŸ‘.When most people only concern in Pandavas..but you can discribed what duryudhon deed from his point of view...And I am some how not hate him again..and in my opinion Duryodhon is also a victim in Mahabharat😊
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
edited my comment on 1st page 
panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

My Thank you note to readers..😊

I want to reply each of my readers, individually but before that let me shed some tears of happiness..you don't know this appreciation how much matters for me...

I have never ever been so much emotional before writing any of my pieces till date...I even shed tears at few parts while writing...

I actually thought writing a piece on Draupadi

and then another piece on Karna 

and Karna Duryadhan's friendship

However I started with the 3rd piece because friendship day was near

but that post lengthen and resulted into this...

While writing about Duryadhan, I don't know where I have lost...

I have never been so much emotional before writing any of my pieces till date.

and it took more than a week so I have to cancel the two OS on Karna and the other one on Draupadi...

while writing on Duryadhan I some where felt there were, are, and  will be pieces on Karna as well as  Draupadi..

but how many authors thinks about Duryadhan! and finally I thought no matter what happens, I have to portray his mind..even if cost me to quit writing about my two most favorite characters...

Edited by panchaali - 9 years ago
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
panchali, nice story, and the perspective is great.
panchaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: cherryberry293

It's amazing... Seriously too good.
It touched the strings of heart and all questions are logical to those who r fond of human side of this epic.
I never considered Duryodhan as evil or bad omen... He was a human and like all other humans he was loving, caring, protective, jealous, aggressive, etc. 

Thank you, we think similar πŸ˜ƒIt's my passion to enter into the minds of villains and also those who presents themselves very good but their acts are cunning...
I find both of theirs heads are interesting than heros πŸ˜ƒ

U know few says Suryodhana was same as Devrath Bheeshma. Bheeshma was against the caste system but later his responsibilities nd oath took away his free and rebellious thoughts... But he used to see himself in Duryodhan.

No I haven't heard this story, But yes it is great to find it out, thankz for the info πŸ˜ƒ 

Read AJAYA , its brilliant. Where the writer actually touched the social issues... Nd not just talked Dharma - Adharma.

Sayanee already gave me Ajaya as my B'day present which was in December 16th but since she was very much eager to read I gave it her, to read first πŸ˜ƒ however, she will give me back by tomorrow, so then I'll start reading it πŸ˜ƒ
I will just say , Duryodhan was born in wrong time and wrong era. Where Chaturvarna system was too strong to change it. If he would have taken birth later ... He would have been termed as a social reformer. That warrior had refreshing and rebellious thoughts... That's why Balram taught him... 

Exactly, that is the thing I say at every thread, when all term him just a pure evil. Balram also preferred Duryadhan more

He was not just a good friend of Karna but he had soft corner for Eklavya... He was a MAN of his time. 

Yes he never supported his Guru's act towards Eklavya..If we see the epic, Duryadhan had many good friends, who were ready to die for him in the battle field...If the man was so evil why his friends loved hi so much!   
Don't know why people hates him so much based on the one-sided story... 

That is also my question...I feel all the epic characters have sheds, no one is purely good, none is purely evil...all are grey..

Well u have made me curious about Duryodhan - Bhanumati story... Can you please give me links where I can find details on them??

Well I read about their love dubey relationship first in the Palace of Illusions, though the part was small, but frankly speaking from that part only my curiosity about Durydhan's character increased more...The man who loves his wife so much...how can he insult a lady!!!

There are instances about Dury Bahnu in the book Karna's wife also, there you can see how he loved, trusted, respected both his friend and wife..

Btw I read Subhdra was his first love but he never fought for her when Arjun married her ... He didn't involve two kingdoms to fight over a lady... He simply let it go... Wasn't it sane and sensible decision?? And A KING should be sensible...

Well I don't know if Duryadhan loved Subhadra or not  (actually still haven't read anything about it) so cannot say...

panchaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arijit007

panchali, nice story, and the perspective is great.

Thankz bro πŸ˜Š
luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@panchaali:
Really interesting piece of writing!πŸ‘..Gave us a whole new Perspective actually about what Duryodhan could've felt & thought..made for Great reading!πŸ˜ƒ
panchaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

Res 

Panchu This is an wonderful OS .. I will give long comment later 

-edited-

I remember while turning pages of Shiva Trilogy one line hit me very deep 

Where Shiva says Lord Rudra slayed Asuras and Asuras were bad and a priest replied Who said they were bad??

Shiva said I read it in books 

Priest again asked: who wrote the books 

Answer: Devas!!!!

Yes I remember that part from Shiva Trilogy as I read it, loved it and simply lived into  some unique philosophy of the book... 

This is the key of all answer .. PERSPECTIVE .. change it and the world is changed 

In the books of Asuras Devas would be villains .. [well Persian myths is a proof of it ]

If you read the 3rd part of Shiva Trilogy, there its written, in a region their Gods are called Ahuras (which sounds very similar to the Asuras) and the Demons are called Deavas (which sounds similar to Devas)

I am writing this because Panchu you proved that you have the eye of seeing things from unconventional side .. you have the guts to question old cliched believes 

This is itself a thing to praiseπŸ‘

Thank you I think That quality we both have..result of 15 years of friendship..we read almost same books and the books you love or I love even if the other can't manage time to read we tell the stories to each other πŸ˜ƒ

you are definitely an awesome writer but the best thing is the topic of writing .. your selection is amazing and your portrayal is logical 

Thankz and while writing it I cared so much about the epic villain that I quit writing about my Hero Karna and Heroine Draupadi...I felt like there are thousands books on Karna as well as Draupadi and there will be more, but there are how many about Duryadhan!!! That gave me the determination to write about him...this piece is my tribute to him

Even a believer of conventional thought if have a open mind will think .. what Dharma asks for killing a new born baby? What dharma ignore agony of a bullied child .. is dharma is only in focusing on consequences completely ignoring the reason .. why trying to justify things with one sided views .. why obeying one side of deceit and loathing another side .. I found no logic in this things .. and you just put the same questions right 

Those are the questions which I always bear in my mind!!!!

wonderful job and thanks for writing this piece .. keep writing dear

Thank you dear..you know you are my inspiration to write..When we were in school I first showed my skill only into poetry and I thought I cannot write stories, coz these are big and it takes time and then one day I read a Romantic comedy story by you, which you had written in your secret copy and that you shared only with me and our other 2 close friends πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by panchaali - 9 years ago
panchaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cotswolds

Panchaali.. I just wanted to reread it to experience the magic. πŸ‘ Its brilliant, one of your finest OS. 

Loved your detailing.. You have infused various fresh ideas like Laxman vadh, vikarna vadh which make you think. 
Great work..β­οΈπŸ‘

Thank you Cotty

Vikarna Vadh touches my heart

I have read books where Bheema cries passionately after killing Vikarna, but still question was in mind

Why Bheema's Vow included Vikarna as well...