Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan

MaNan OS| the future (maybe. possibly. potentially.)

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago
i.

There was an inherent tendency in them where they just had to take care of the ones close to them.

To her, it was her brother and her best friend; two different beings. The former was always an easier situation for her to handle despite his muteness.

To him, it was his brother like best friend. Call him what you may, he knew how to fulfill his promises.

So, when they got together (not as a couple, just on friendly basis where they didn't wish the other person the worst of calamity) there was this silent competition between them where they tried to outdid the other in the care department. She sat through all his practice sessions because he wanted honest opinions about this new tune he had thought of, all the while wishing she was back in the library finishing up her assignment she knew she couldn't possibly do at her home. He made sure she always reached home safely in his car despite the chances of displeasing his more intimate friends because, "Manik! The party doesn't start without you!"

It wasn't intentional or anything but the care took a more informal turn after some time and became quiet acknowledgements from her of his slightly hunched shoulders because last night the house felt lonelier than usual and little care packages he made because she thought eating properly was the last thing a student facing deadlines on assignments should think about. And it wasn't like they had to say something to the other to get that care; it was like the had automatically fine tuned themselves to suit the needs of others. It wasn't a massively life altering tuning either because there were some points where they needed a lot of work on but when they did find a common ground, there was no match better than them.

Maybe their tuning wasn't so bad after all.

ii.

"Manik ko dekha hai?"

"Roz dekhta hoon."

"Nahin, roz tum apne ye moronic videos dekhte ho."

"Nu-uh...main nahin. Dusre log dekhte hain. My job is just to shoot."

"Right. And I'll shoot a boot to your ass if you don't get serious, right now."

"What the hell is your problem?!"

"Manik! He's gone crazy!"

"With Nandu The Bandu? Yeah, I've noticed."

"All the time I've known him, I've never seen him this strange with a girl before."

"'Strange'?"

"Yeah...I mean, usse koi parwah nahin thi about how he treated her before. But now it's like he think she's-"

"Made of glass or something. Handle with care and all that?"

"Exactly."

"One word: W-E-I-R-D."

"Urgh! If I didn't know any better main pakka kehti he's in love with her or something."

"Hahaha, like that would happen."

"Yeah..."

"..."

"Lekin phir bhi...seeing him..."

"Possibility tou lagti hai."

iii.

Maybe Science could explain it in more precise, logical way but they were not good for each other. In a more descriptive explanation, they triggered the worst of reactions within each other. He lost all his calm and control when he dealt with her and she forwent all the thoughts about consequences when she faced him. Such behavior was destructive to both of their individuality. He always had an image to maintain, an air to wrap himself in. She always had the goal of being strong enough to shoulder the burden of her dear ones.

The point was that they knew all the wrongs that happened to them when they came together. They may have realized it a little late but they knew. Logically they should've stayed away from other and pursued safer options which guaranteed that they retained their sanity. Historically seeing the hot n' cold behavior of their encounters had never done anyone any good. Surely if they kept their distance from each other and maintained it nothing could possibly go wrong and they would quietly tread the paths they thought they always would.

But the fireflies glowed and danced when it was just the two of them and they were the brightest and the jolliest of the fireflies and when they illuminated their faces it felt like magic because light years away the stars broke and became shooting stars and wishes were made and it was all pure and innocent like the kind you only wished was the truth.

Well, if you see it that way, their reality could potentially be much more beautiful than all your dreams ever could be.

fin.

Edited by lostmymusic. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sherlockthor thumbnail
beautiful!! really!

even though I am a dhruv fan..this was just too good :)

write one fic centering on dhruv no!! :D
sourmisery thumbnail
Originally posted by: apoorvaarnav

beautiful!! really!

even though I am a dhruv fan..this was just too good :)

write one fic centering on dhruv no!! :D

thank you! I am not a Dhruv fan yet so i dun think i can do justice to him at this moment...when we know more about his character then sure! I'll see what I can do then 😃
BepannaahPyaar thumbnail
omg!!!
this is beautiful!
u have penned each n everything in a professional way!
keep writin more...
wish this happens in real.
thank u for givin such a wonderful OS.

love,
Niru
nicky13 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow it was just awesome ... Beautifully written and very well explained ... Plz keep writing more Manan stories ... Thanks :)Edited by nicky13 - 9 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
Originally posted by: -CrazyNiru-

omg!!!
this is beautiful!
u have penned each n everything in a professional way!
keep writin more...
wish this happens in real.
thank u for givin such a wonderful OS.

love,
Niru

awww! thank you so much for these kind words! 😳
ShivaayAnika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Really its amazing!!!! 
Would love to read more from you ðŸ˜Š
sonu-monu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome start  loving d update so much ...great written Edited by sonu-monu - 9 years ago
-CrazySobtian- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This OS is amazing!
Beautifully written and I loved it to core.
Your writing seems like you are a professional writer.
Please do write more often.
And if you send PMs then please add me to your list.
sourmisery thumbnail
Originally posted by: nicky13

Wow it was just awesome ... Beautifully written and very well explained ... Plz keep writing more Manan stories ... Thanks :)

thank you so much! Now that I am getting serious about MaNan tou the writing will continue 😆

Originally posted by: manikfan

Really its amazing!!!! 

Would love to read more from you ðŸ˜Š

thank you so much! InShaAllah you'll see more pieces from me here 😃