Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 22 September 2006 at 5:44am | IP Logged
'I will never smooch on screen'

DEEPALI DHINGRA

If you thought actors are dumb, take a look at Parakh Madan. This 23 year old charming girl has a degree in fashion designing from NIFT and has been learning kathak since she was six years old. "I learnt kathak from Pandit Birju Maharaj and I'm a part of his performance troupe," she says. Originally from Ranchi, Parakh came to Mumbai in May this year to try her luck at a magazine contest and ended up becoming the cover girl for the magazine. Not only that, she also auditioned and bagged roles in a film as well as a TV serial.
   "Acting has always been at the back of mind," says Parakh, "Right after I won the magazine contest, I got selected to play the second lead in the movie Jai Santoshi Ma," she recalls. She will also be seen as Suman in Saathi Re on Star One, where she gets to play a middle Gujarati girl and act alongside Arjun Punjj, Neena Gupta and Amir Dalvi. "Both the roles I'm doing are very different from each other," she says.
   But both the roles that she is playing are clean roles that require no exposure. Would she be willing to be a part of a project that requires her to do so? "Not really, " she says, "I genuinly believe that there are ways of showing intimacy without getting intimate in reality." Here's to somebody who knows where she's headed!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I will never smooch on screen-Parakh:SR" in Other Star One Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

srishti bhutani

Goldie

srishti bhutani

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 12:01am | IP Logged
thx

Post Reply New Post

Go to top