India-Forums

I will never smooch on screen-Parakh:SR

*Shruti* Global Moderator
*Shruti*
*Shruti*

Posted: 22 September 2006 at 5:44am | IP Logged
'I will never smooch on screen'

DEEPALI DHINGRA

If you thought actors are dumb, take a look at Parakh Madan. This 23 year old charming girl has a degree in fashion designing from NIFT and has been learning kathak since she was six years old. "I learnt kathak from Pandit Birju Maharaj and I'm a part of his performance troupe," she says. Originally from Ranchi, Parakh came to Mumbai in May this year to try her luck at a magazine contest and ended up becoming the cover girl for the magazine. Not only that, she also auditioned and bagged roles in a film as well as a TV serial.
   "Acting has always been at the back of mind," says Parakh, "Right after I won the magazine contest, I got selected to play the second lead in the movie Jai Santoshi Ma," she recalls. She will also be seen as Suman in Saathi Re on Star One, where she gets to play a middle Gujarati girl and act alongside Arjun Punjj, Neena Gupta and Amir Dalvi. "Both the roles I'm doing are very different from each other," she says.
   But both the roles that she is playing are clean roles that require no exposure. Would she be willing to be a part of a project that requires her to do so? "Not really, " she says, "I genuinly believe that there are ways of showing intimacy without getting intimate in reality." Here's to somebody who knows where she's headed!

srishti bhutani Goldie
srishti bhutani
srishti bhutani

Posted: 28 September 2006 at 12:01am | IP Logged
thx
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top