Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Alia Bhatt WOOING INDIA - on the front Cover of Verve

Posted: 9 years ago

More like Alia Bhatt annoying India. Appearing on the cover of every fortnightly/monthly. Pain in magazine editors' ass.  

Edited by NailClipper - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fortuitous thumbnail
Originally posted by: NailClipper

More like Alia Bhatt annoying India. Appearing on the cover of every fortnightly/monthly. Pain on magazine editors' ass.

Cuz she's worth it 😉
She looks so cute 
Aloo ❤️
I love that head piece! Want it. 😛
Uff, her eyebrows...Why don't these girls work on their eyebrows than gross me out...
Originally posted by: Fiery.Phoenix

Uff, her eyebrows...Why don't these girls work on their eyebrows than gross me out...

Not everyone has to have perfectly shaped eyebrows as you Madame. 😆
Originally posted by: .Serendipity.

Not everyone has to have perfectly shaped eyebrows as you Madame. 😆

They don't have to be as perfect as moi 😎 but at least they should know how to work their tweezers 😆
Originally posted by: Deewangi

Cuz she's worth it 😉

Not worth it. It's the celeb managers and the brands they endorse that force the magazine editors to take the celebs as their cover girl/boy.  

Avoid over-exposed actresses

Asmita Aggarwal, former editor of Cosmopolitan says, "I think overexposed celebs like Sonam Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, Nargis Fakhri and Alia Bhatt, who have been everywhere, hopping from one cover to another must be avoided. But magazines don't function according to what sells, but what revenue they are getting and which brand is paying for that cover, so they use that brand ambassador of the product. It is all about surrogate advertising. The magazine business is suffering with Marie Claire and People shutting down, so the rest are only thinking of monetary gains, and not content. It is driven by the idea to make money, not offer fabulous, cutting edge content."

Bollywood star doesn't mean high sales

* Aishwarya Subramanyam, Editor ELLE says, "It depends on how you define success. A magazine cover that features a Bollywood actor tends to create more buzz than, say, one featuring a model. In my experience however, it doesn't necessarily translate into higher sales; that's a bit of a myth. For example, I have seen that putting a celebrity on the cover of a lean month makes almost no difference to how many copies are sold. I think the cover itself has to be a stunner, regardless of who is on it."
* Nishat adds, "All our model covers (out latest was Jan-feb 2014) have done just as well as celebrity covers. In fact some of them have done better than celebrity covers."
"I can't say which celeb face sells, but I can say that Elle's new editor Aishwarya Subramanyam has been thinking out of the box with her last cover on the ode to homosexuality, which made the magazine readable. So she avoided a celeb, but made a point with that cover and that for me was the winner," adds Asmita.

([email protected])

Edited by NailClipper - 9 years ago
I posted it earlier but that thread got lost so thank you for posting again

She looks very pretty

Other pics from the shoot

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Bad. 

Over-exposure would kill her career.