Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
well, i have only one thing to say, let's just wait and watch.
KHUSHI-99 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: amritat

It was no war for "Samaj ka Kayan", atleast by the Pandavas. However, they did want their share of the land back, which they thought were rightfully theirs. And Draupadi's revenge honestly had no meaning. Yes, Draupadi wanted revenge, but her husbands didn't care. Yudisthir wanted to forget all insult of Draupadi in return of land. So, this Draupadi's revenge excuse, shown by the CVs is really getting irritating now.
It's only when Duryodhan refused the deal, that they waged war, and then remembered Draupadi's revenge.
If Duryodhan had accepted the peace-proposal, then Draupadi's "revenge" would have gone down the drains, and all those people who caused her insult would have lived on happy ever after. so, it's not Draupadi urge for revenge, but the Pandavas' urge to get back their land that caused the war.
This is my opinion.

Yes Yudhishthir sent the peace deal...moreover it was nothing like Krishna confirming that Dury would not accept it...A war for the throne has been turned in a 360 degree manner to make it war for samaj ka kalyan and Draupadi or rather only Draupadi's revenge...plus what is wrong if Pandavas or Yudhishthir wanted back the throne which they thought they were the rightfull heirs and same with Dury...
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: KHUSHI-99

Yes Yudhishthir sent the peace deal...moreover it was nothing like Krishna confirming that Dury would not accept it...A war for the throne has been turned in a 360 degree manner to make it war for samaj ka kalyan and Draupadi or rather only Draupadi's revenge...plus what is wrong if Pandavas or Yudhishthir wanted back the throne which they thought they were the rightfull heirs and same with Dury...

There's actually nothing wrong in fighting for one's rights. So, if seen that way, the Pandavas had reasons to wage war especially after they tried to send peace proposal. However, i just hate the way, the real motive of the Pandavas are camouflaged everywhere, n the whole blame is shifted on Draupadi. Being a fan of Draupadi it really pinches me to see how every rendition of Mahabharat tries to put it all on the shoulders of Draupadi...as if the war took place just bcoz she wantrd it. And as if,everything depended on wat she wanted, which is not true.Edited by amritat - 9 years ago
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
you know what, duryodhan was the main reason for the war.