Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Mr.Modi....Nothing has changed! (Page 3)

IamTheBoss Groupbie
IamTheBoss
IamTheBoss

Posted: 30 July 2014 at 6:44am | IP Logged
hey vin
its nothing BJP showing their true color that's all
lalalee Senior Member
lalalee
lalalee

Posted: 30 July 2014 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Appeasing Pakistan to a certain extent is important. India isn't in a position to wage a full fledged war nor is Pakistan. The international community needs Pakistan to help out with Afghanistan and will only support us superficially, if at all. India cannot afford antagonizing Pakistan further and needs to strengthen diplomatic ties with the latter country to counter Chinese beneficence there, especially since China is also gaining in Sri Lanka and trying in Bhutan. While the Pakistani army is essentially composed of Jihadis in uniform, the Indian Army is a much more professional body with a code of conduct that makes reprehensible moves unthinkable.
However, going by historical experience and current situation, there's a need to make changes in our policy, not only toward Pakistan but also towards Jammu & Kashmir. Indian politicians remember Kashmir for political, militaristic and tourist reasons. Economic development is largely ignored and revenue earned circulates among the rich. The AFSPA is widely misused to commit atrocities against localites. If a plebiscite is held, majority of Kashmiris would vote for Pakistan or secession. Therefore, India should make efforts to end alienation in Kashmir. It should simultaneously tighten internal security and develop contingency plans so that Pakistani adventurism can be addressed within hours. It could consider threatening Pakistan by pressing for renegotiation of the Indus Water Treaty and other bilateral treaties.    
I don't expect the Modi-led government to do wonders in a short span of time. 

Edited by lalalee - 30 July 2014 at 9:20am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenie

charminggenie IF-Sizzlerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 30 July 2014 at 10:55am | IP Logged
I find these cartoons highly insensitive and disrespectful to Indian Army. We always have followed a "No First Strike" policy and the violation of ceasefire was unprovoked , i am sure the soldiers at the border replied well- like that is in the protocol . We are not aware of how much damage our shell firing would have caused , so these images just brings down Indian Army. 
What do people expect, that we go for War with Pak? I am sure that sounds preposterous.This is a very sensitive matter and more than any political party GOI has to behave appropriately. 

SAARC and the searing-in gesture was part of a diplomatic build-up in a region where India doesn't enjoy any friendly relationship. it was a photo-op and nothing more. 

For a long term solution it is important India maintain communication channels with both Sri Lanka and Pakistan. 

China is capitalizing on dwindling India's influence in the region and has penetrated via trade into Sri Lanka and Burma .Not to forget- Nepal.  We are not in a position to hard-line with these countries , or they might align with China. For a greater influence India needs diplomatic and economic ties with countries like Sri lanka.

@Ramdev scribe- if anyone read the new political scenario then we can see Ramdev is isolated by Modi. I won't read too much into this. It is not uncommon for journos to meet terrorists , sometimes they are used as messengers. 

Foreign Policies don't change overnight, would rather wait for full term to be over to analyse this govt.

What is important is how this govt handles insurgencies and strengths homeland security. Good diplomatic win for Sushma by getting Indians out of Iraq and now Libya.

Modi pre-poll was an Opposition leader now he is PM , needs to be sensible and responsible. 

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 30 July 2014 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

I find these cartoons highly insensitive and disrespectful to Indian Army.

I think you are misreading the intent of the comics if you find them in any way demeaning to the army. The intent of the comics is a reflection of political apathy towards issues related to the army.

Despite everything army men give to the nation they have never been aptly backed by the government. They don't even get the gratitude and respect they deserve.

I think cartoons can be a crisp and quick way to make a point in comparison to op-eds, articles and news features.

As for Modi government, it takes months for new foreign policy to be formulated, implemented and circulated top down in all aspects of defense. Give the new government at least a year to make a defense impact.
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 30 July 2014 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I think you are misreading the intent of the comics if you find them in any way demeaning to the army. The intent of the comics is a reflection of political apathy towards issues related to the army. 
And I think you misunderstood my comment. I strictly spoke to comics on Indian Army where they depict the helplessness without understanding the true picture or gravity of the situation. It is an art and can be interpreted in many ways , so I don't understand why it cannot be critiqued for poor depiction of the relevant condition. Liker here Indian Army might not have violated ceasefire but they did respond to it to their full might. Unfortunately we do have a Brave Officer sacrificing his life but noway did it minimize the damage that our Army caused. So for me to see their hands tied doesn't sit well. More than political Apathy because in this situation other than back channels or a public statement condemning it , GOI doesn't have an option. So yes , I don't relate to this comic , as simple , this should be constructed as my dislike for the Great art that is championed by Laxman and others. 

This one, i don't agree with, it rather than capturing Political Apathy made a caricature of Indian Army principles, does that mean I want it removed , No but yes I disagree . Simple. 

Despite everything army men give to the nation they have never been aptly backed by the government. They don't even get the gratitude and respect they deserve. 
I have a very different view on this , generally Indian Army does enjoy respect and thankully last GOI and this one has made some political symbolic steps in that direction. One Rank, One Pension and War Memorial etc. But like I said, it is more of a social opinion which differs from region to region. I might feel proud of our boys but a gent living in Kashmir or NE might have a different account.

I think cartoons can be a crisp and quick way to make a point in comparison to op-eds, articles and news features. 
They are a way for expression opinions and it should be treated as like that, the right to agree or disagree solely rests with the reader.

lalalee

Rudraksha. Senior Member
Rudraksha.
Rudraksha.

Posted: 30 July 2014 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
nothing much changed not only now even after 5yrs,the stand of Bjp in rape,LOC,inflation ,black money are get the lame explanations
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 30 July 2014 at 1:04pm | IP Logged

And I think you misunderstood my comment. I strictly spoke to comics on Indian Army where they depict the helplessness without understanding the true picture or gravity of the situation. It is an art and can be interpreted in many ways , so I don't understand why it cannot be critiqued for poor depiction of the relevant condition. Liker here Indian Army might not have violated ceasefire but they did respond to it to their full might. Unfortunately we do have a Brave Officer sacrificing his life but noway did it minimize the damage that our Army caused. So for me to see their hands tied doesn't sit well. More than political Apathy because in this situation other than back channels or a public statement condemning it , GOI doesn't have an option. So yes , I don't relate to this comic , as simple , this should be constructed as my dislike for the Great art that is championed by Laxman and others. 

This one, i don't agree with, it rather than capturing Political Apathy made a caricature of Indian Army principles, does that mean I want it removed , No but yes I disagree . Simple. 

They are a way for expression opinions and it should be treated as like that, the right to agree or disagree solely rests with the reader.

Fair enough. Of course everyone is entitled to their subjective opinions. I wanted to see why specifically you found the content objectionable as I didn't. And you have stated your valid reasons. IMO it is a harsh viewpoint, but that's how you see it.

charminggenie

charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 30 July 2014 at 1:41pm | IP Logged

[

Fair enough. Of course everyone is entitled to their subjective opinions. I wanted to see why specifically you found the content objectionable as I didn't. And you have stated your valid reasons. IMO it is a harsh viewpoint, but that's how you see it.

Strictly critiquing the art and execution of the piece , IMO, it would have been more befitting if the artist had used say Defence Minister or even the PM to show the political Apathy for Armymen (which this comic doesn't talk about). I find it silly to put an Army Representative in that condition because an officer died bravely fighting in this situation.  We did retaliate.  So it's not the Army which is bound by situation rather the polity which has to account for many factors. 

My viewpoint might seem harsh but they are intended to this comic's representation of a sensitive issue which tome the artist failed to capture. 

Go to top