Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
proud to be your fan sushant. very nic int. luv u n ankita a lot
LSctt thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: LeadNitrate

umm what about ekta and gattu kapoor?

You would think someone would like to mention people who heavily influenced their success but I guess not.. Non star kids are the ones who love the outsiders/struggler tag! And before his fans jump on me I'm not saying he didn't out in hard work and struggle BUT at a certain point through connections/mentors he stopped being so much of an outsider and he's made it with other peoples help..Seems ungrateful that he wouldn't credit them for it!
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: sonia1230

You would think someone would like to mention people who heavily influenced their success but I guess not.. Non star kids are the ones who love the outsiders/struggler tag! And before his fans jump on me I'm not saying he didn't out in hard work and struggle BUT at a certain point through connections/mentors he stopped being so much of an outsider and he's made it with other peoples help..Seems ungrateful that he wouldn't credit them for it!

He has already credited them for it in this interview itself- for giving him opportunities to show his talent... he said that he doesn't have any relations or connections as such, so for him those who gave him opportunities and guidance- from Shiamak Davar to Ekta, Mukesh Chhabra and Gattu and the directors who helped him learn + Aditya Chopra, are considered godfathers by him. He credits them always. He did not get work due to these 'connections', rather he worked with them/got signed for film contracts with them and hence was able to built a rapport and feels grateful for those opportunities and guidance. This goes for most of the outsiders- they develop a rapport with a set of people in the industry (like Rajkumar Rao has Hansal Mehta and the Phantom guys and so on). This does not mean they are not outsiders.

From the interview:

I don't miss having a godfather in Bollywood because honestly, till now I didn't have to face a situation where I would wish that. I could call everyone from Mr Aditya Chopra, Mr Shekhar Kapur, Mr Dibakar Banerjee, Mr Rajkumar Hirani, to Mr Maneesh Sharma and Mr Abhishek Kapoor - my Godfathers. People who have given me some of my biggest breaks in life are Shiamak Davar for liberating me of my stage fright and giving me the first chance to have a rendezvous with Bollywood, Ekta Kapoor for telling me that I could make it BIG here and giving me my first break in TV, casting director Mukesh Chabra and Gattu (Abhishek Kapoor) for Kai Po Che.

They are not godfathers in the real sense of the word though. And the person who deserves the most credit for Sushant being in BW today is Mukesh Chhabra, not Ekta.

Edited by nikitagmc - 9 years ago
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: sonia1230

This article was a part of features on Outsider and Insider.

For the Outsider feature, Sushant was interviewed, for the Insider feature , Varun was interviewed.
So both had to talk from their perspective. 

@Red  ..On the contrary , he has credited everyone from Shiamak to Ekta to Shekhar Kapoor.. 
And he mentioned Gattu twice ..

And this is not exactly a solo job .. how does working with others make him "Not an outsider" ? 

@Blue .. My personal opinion - Sushant actually underplays his struggle as an outsider . Sure, that does come up... but he rarely makes it seem like some it was some huge handicap (Even in  this article , he didnt speak much about the outsider issue in particular..) ..
On the other hand , I find that the insiders sometimes feel the need to over-emphasize their struggles and play the "I have struggled as much as an outsider" card ... even more than the outsiders do. 

Edited by lunza - 9 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I want deepika to do a movie with Sushant. Instead of doing movies with ranbir, why not do movies with sushant instead. He's an outsider and I think he is a good actor