How do u all like to have a Nikumbh of your own ?

milinda.shreyz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
How Do U all Like to have A Nikumbh of ur Own ? 🤪
The thought itself makes u dizzy with excitement ? butterflies in ur tummy ? Thinking wat to and what not to say to this amazing guy with a talented brain,lashing tongue and caustic humour, as homely as the guy-nxt-door yet a class apart ! What to do with this easy charm that oozes out of him spontaneously and u cannot help yourself getting hypnotized with it ? ðŸ˜‰ Right ??
To all who are dreaming these right now, sorry to prick ur pink balloons of lovely happy-endings!!
 I wish u get a Nikumbh of your own and keep him all for yourself...because in real life even if u meet persons like him, they are very very difficult to handle, they get hurt too fast, take offense in simplest occasions and even ur well meant help may prick their ego ( which they have in huge quantities). They are fantastic as friends but usually horrible as  boyfriends or potential life partners. Take example from history; Shelley, Byron, Coleridge, Wordsworth, Dickens,Yeats are so fantastic to read but they were disasters as boyfriends and husbands !!
They are nice to talk, share ur views,wage a battle of wits and hav self-enlightening debates upon each and every literary topic on earth,they hav that sense of understanding to encourage u to open up and say what u really think and possess that edge to blow off ur defenses if not strongly grounded. They live in their own ideal world and have very less practical sense, they see the world from their point of view and wrinkle their nose at its all materialistic approach, they will built castles of words and bouquet of poems for u but at the end of the day when u will need money to survive, they fare poorly...their pride and uber confidence upon their creativity comes between and cloud their rational practicality ,even if they realize the reality they r too proud to choose another path to earn, even if for a timebeing, even if it is necessary to sustain, even if it is the essential oxygen for a relationship.🥺
 Still they are irresistible and knowing that u r going to have a hard crash, i cant stop urself getting pulled towards a sure-shot catastrophe . Meeting and knowing such a person intimately is an experience, and I wish u get that because the days u would be with him that would be a life-time memory for u, love !
And now, because I hav written so many things, I am sure U r feeling curious how I can say such thing with this certainty. Well, I am 27 now. but I was 20 once, and had my beautiful life @ university and had the privilege to meet a person very much like Nikumbh. I was a student of English lit, and so was he...and a very good writer and a crystal voiced singer ( Rabindrasangeet). WE met like a dream and days glided by like autumn clouds around us and when reality gatecrashed I couldnt make both ends meet. He faded away and I couldnt hold him back...and even then there was no bitterness in me. I felt like waking up from a very beautiful dream, a dream that I will never ever forget in my life .
Because many of u, here r so young and full of possibilities, I wish u hav a Nikumbh of your own, and who knows u may hav an altogether different story to share, a happy ending wala story like yamini wishes to hav !! ;) Edited by shreya_rc - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Arey baap re! You sound like you have gone right back to your college days! Khair...any person that makes you feel like a teenager again, obviously has a charm that defies age. Even if that somebody is a fictitious character.

To Nikumbh! And to the charm that only a character like Nikumbh can exude!

😊
AreYaar thumbnail
Wow you actually KNEW a Nikumb of your own? How lovely! :-)

LOL I've never met a Nikumb...some ppl with his personality traits maybe...the temperamental artist types...but the reality is that such people are usually a quick chapter in any life...they come in like a breath of fresh air, dazzle you with their personalities, their artistic mindsets but sooner or later, the very whimsical qualities that first fascinated you end up being the reason for a fallout...it's harder to hold on...
milinda.shreyz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Wow you actually KNEW a Nikumb of your own? How lovely! :-)

LOL I've never met a Nikumb...some ppl with his personality traits maybe...the temperamental artist types...but the reality is that such people are usually a quick chapter in any life...they come in like a breath of fresh air, dazzle you with their personalities, their artistic mindsets but sooner or later, the very whimsical qualities that first fascinated you end up being the reason for a fallout...it's harder to hold on...

very well said Anu ! they come like a sudden lightning, blinding all rationalities and inner-preservations u had all ur life and take u in a whirl-wind ride but unfortunately they are never meant to last forever no matter how much u try hard to cope up with their whimsical temperament, u lose !
but the moments together stay back in your memory like pleasant dreams and becomes an experience of a lifetime.