Abhi and Pragya FF (New).... Updated at Pg.4 Chap 4&5 - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
CHAPTER 2

Pragya

This is where I belong, with a book in my hand and a lonely quiet place to read. Being inside the stadium with tons of crazy teenagers gives me headache. So, I decided to come back to my car to take a break and leave Rachna, Bulbul and Purvi in there. I was reading the part where Elinor meets Edward Ferrars the first time, when someone opened my car door and barged in. "Excuse me, who do you think you are? Get out of my car, right now," I shrieked. He turned to me and asked me to lower down my voice. His hair was shaggy, and he was wearing this rugged jeans and black leather jacket. What if he's some kind of rouge? What'd I do? I started to freak out more and screamed louder at him to get out of the car. This is my entire fault. I should've just stayed with Bulbul inside. Or at least locked the car door. All of a sudden, he put his hand on my mouth to shut me up. Oh, god! He's going to chloroform me and put me to sleep. That'd make things much easier for him. He kept looking at my eyes like he was searching something in them. Instinctively, I bit his palm, which wasn't easy.

"Ouch," he cried and withdrew his hand. "Are you crazy?"

"Well, why did you even put your filthy hand on my mouth in the first place?" I asked.

"Shh, can you quiet down please?" he said slowly. He quickly looked outside finding for something or someone. Slowly, I opened the door and planned to flee from the car. Before I could even put one of my foot out, he held my hand. His hands were cold and he was shivering.

"I need your help, please" he said.

I was about to pick my phone with the free hand without him knowing and call the police, but something in his face wanted me to give him a chance. I sighed and removed his hand from mine and asked, "What can I help you with?"

"Can you please send me to my house? I'll pay you as much as you want," he said and pulled his wallet. There were  huge amount of cash and tons of credit cards. This guy must be extremely wealthy.

"Look with this amount, you can rent a car or get a cab to get home. Why'd you need me to do it? I'm sorry but I just can't give a random stranger ride home. I don't trust you," I told him.

"I know that you don't know me very well, but it's me Abhi," he said while holding out a rockstar' sign using his hand. I looked at him dumbfounded.

"Abhi, who?" I asked. He looked like he was insulted.

"Wait, are you saying that you don't know who I am?"

"That's what I've been telling you all the while," I answered.

He looked frustrated. He took out his phone and used the app to on torch light and places it nearer to his face.

"I think you couldn't recognize me in the dark. Now, do you know who I am?" he asked. I don't know why I was even scared of this guy. He's acting like a nutcase. He probably fell somewhere and hit his head really hard. I just shook my head no. He sighed and turned off the torch.

"I've never had the problem introducing myself to people. This is definitely a first for me. Usually people would already know everything about me. Nowadays, with the help of internet they know more than they should," he said frustrated. "Hah, I know how to make you believe me," he said excitedly and got out his phone.

"Make me believe? Believe what? Sorry, but I think you need help," I said and was about to take my phone to call the asylum. He brought his phone to me and asked to look at the screen. He Google-d The Rockstars' and his photo along with two other guys appeared on the screen.

"Wait you are the lead singer that should be performing on that stage?" I asked. This is all so confusing. What is he doing here right now, when there are thousands of fans waiting for him? And why does he want to go back? Is he running away?

"Yes! Yes, finally," he exclaimed.

"Isn't it irresponsible of you to just run away from there? People, including my sisters are waiting there to see you perform and you are just leaving," I said annoyed.

"I have no time for your lectures. Now, that you know I am not some kind of ax-murderer can you please bring me home. When, they start realizing I am not there, they'd come out to find me. I need to leave this place before everything turns into mess. I am sure my bodyguards have already gone in and informed the stage manager by now. And don't ask me why, but I do have a good reason."

"But, what about my sisters and their friend? They are waiting to see you and when they come to know that you left, they will be disappointed. I can't do that to them," I said.

"Okay, what if we make a deal. You send me home and I'll have a private gig just for your sister and her friends. No payment needed. Is that okay?" he asked.

"You'd do that?" I asked.

"Yes. Now, can you please drop me home?" he asked. I nodded and closed my car's door and started the engine.

"By the way, where do you stay?" I asked as we were on the road.

"Lower Parel," he answered. I nodded, okay. Wow, I thought to myself. This guy is extremely rich. Then why is his acting like a crazy man? I wanted to ask him, but stopped myself because it's none of my business.  He promised he'd play and I think he'd keep his promise. 

Abhi

My phone keeps ringing. I am sure it's one of the boys or the stage manager. Without looking, I turned off my phone. I sighed and turned on the radio. Unfortunately, it wasn't working. The weird specky four eyes was staring at me. I can't even believe she doesn't even recognize me. Me, Abhi the lead singer of The Rockstars. We are currently the no.1 band in India. And our albums were all awarded platinum. And what was she even doing out in the car reading some book, when there was a concert being held. I had no choice but to get a ride from her. I can't just go and get a cab and there was no one else out there I could ask for help. I didn't even have my car keys with me. Again, she kept staring at me. This time, instead of looking away, I hold my gaze as hers. She was the one who looked away. Maybe, she is attracted to me. I mean, I don't blame her. I happen to have that kind of effects on ladies. But only one managed to grab my attention and that is Tannu.

"You attracted to me or something?" I asked.

"Whaaattt?" she asked back.

"You know when someone asks you a question, you answer them back instead of asking them another question," I said.

She scoffed, "well, my brain had to process hearing such a dumb question from you. And to answer your question, N-O. A big NO."

"Fine. But I don't blame you even if you did. I mean, this the first time you're seeing me," I said. She didn't say anything after that and kept looking at the road. And after that she stopped staring at me. The funny thing was, she wasn't affected by me. Usually, girls around me will sweet talk to me, or play with their hair and smile a lot at me. But she is so indifferent towards me. I find this somehow insulting. Firstly, she didn't even know me and now, she's completely ignoring me. I felt challenged.

"So, what's this book you were reading?" I picked up the book she was reading just now from the armrest. She quickly grabbed it from me.

"Okay, now I am extremely interested. What is that? Some erotic romance novel. huh?" I teased. She made a disgusted face and showed me the book. Sense and sensibility?

"Never heard of it," I shrugged.

"Obviously, moron and male chauvinist like you wouldn't know about this book. By the way, it's a classic book written by Jane Austen," she said in a cold voice. Wow, girls got some tongue.

"I'm no male chauvinist. And who do you think you are to call me one? I mean, you don't even know me," I said defensively.

"The fact that you pointed out that this was some cheap erotic novel, proved that you are one," she snapped.

"I was just joking. You just seemed so uptight and boring," I snapped back.

"Call me whatever you want. I don't care. And if that was a joke, then you and I have a very different sense of humor," she said and continued looking at the road.

"Obviously," I muttered and turned my head towards the window. What a horrible day this has been. And why is it taking so long? I can't wait to get myself out of the car. But then, I remembered I promised to perform for her sisters. Oh god, what kind of mess did I get myself into?

Thanks for reading and to be continued.😉

Edited by renukha871 - 9 years ago
Really love it!!! Cant wait for more! 
OHKAY...GIRL!!! u are awesome!!! this was plain awesome and i loved it...the fact tht in the part 2 Abhi didn have a reminisce of his parents or his sadness showed tht Pragya's is great for him...could you put that in Abhi's POV ext...like he's secretly thankful that she made him forget  it for a while and all...
anyways...great going...DO UPDATE ASAP!!! :D
Thank you!   Really loved it!  Swell headed Abhi put in his place 😆!!!!   Waiting for more!! 

Originally posted by MKyara

OHKAY...GIRL!!! u are awesome!!! this was plain awesome and i loved it...the fact tht in the part 2 Abhi didn have a reminisce of his parents or his sadness showed tht Pragya's is great for him...could you put that in Abhi's POV ext...like he's secretly thankful that she made him forget  it for a while and all...
anyways...great going...DO UPDATE ASAP!!! :D

Thank you!😊  And Yes! Yes! Yes! That was what exactly my intentions are.  Yes, definitely.

Chapter 3

Abhi

"Wait, just stop the car here. You don't have to enter in," I said. She stopped the car and I opened the door.

I was about to get out of the car, when she requested for my phone number. I looked at her. "Why'd I give you my number?" I asked.

"Firstly, don't assume anything unnecessarily. I need the phone number to inform where and when you should come and play. That's the only way I can keep in touch with you. And secondly, do I look like the kind of person that would misuse your phone number. I could care less and will definitely delete it, after you played for my sisters," she said sarcastic as usual. I had no energy to fight, so I sighed and gave her my number.

Before I leave, I said "since I am returning this favor you did, I don't think I owe you a thank you." I slammed the door and slightly heard her groaned. I didn't look back and straight away headed to my residence area. I reached my house and entered into the house. There was no one in the hall. I looked at the clock and it was 11 at night. I took off to my room so I could rest peacefully. I wanted to go to daadi's room and sleep next to her, but I didn't want to disturb her. It is important for her to get a good night sleep at this age. I took off everything I was wearing except for my boxers and got to the bed. I lied down but couldn't sleep. My entire body was exhausted and so was my mind, but these damn eyes just won't shut. I'm afraid, actually. My parents' death still haunts me and that terrifies me. When I was young, I used to see my parents shadows everywhere. And that use to scare me a lot. I'd have panic attack which eventually leads to vomiting blood and high fever. And because of that, we had to move from our old house and stayed with my grandmother's place ever since.

Someone knocked the door and I sat up. "Come in," I said. It was daadi. I gave a small smile and she came to me. She sat at the side of the bed and I put my head on her lap. And this is what home feels like. She ruffled my hair and slightly massaged my forehead. It felt so good.

"Purab called and told me what happened. It seems you didn't make it to the stage. He was worried that you didn't even pick his calls. But I assured him that no matter what happened, Abhi'd always return home to me," she said and rubbed my back. I squirmed closer to her. "My poor Abhi, you must've been having a hard time today.  I remember on this day, usually you can barely think about anything but the accident and them," she said sympathetically. The funny thing is when I was in the car with that crazy specky four-eyed girl, I swear not even once thought of my parents or the accident was haunting me. I guess my head was too wrapped up with that specky girl's weirdness that I couldn't think of anything else. I guess in a way I am thankful to her. If she wasn't there to take my mind of things, I'd probably already had a panic attack there right at the middle of the parking lot. My eyes got heavier and it was struggling with my brain. I let it win and slept.

Pragya

"I can't believe Abhi didn't even turn up for the concert, di. We all are extremely disappointed Di," Bulbul said frustrated. I just nodded and focused my eyes on the road. Purvi and Rachna were pouting at the back on how they couldn't see the band perform. The whole concert was cancelled and it seems that their money was withdrawn back.

"Well, at least we got to meet Aakash and Purab backstage," Rachna said.

"Yeah. And I think Purab is my favorite now. I mean he looked so hot, today. He even looks better than Abhi and his arms are so strong," Bulbul agreed.

"Right? But I think I prefer Aakash. Purab is cute but Aakash is all manly, that I could kiss him right there," Rachna said and they all laughed girlishly. Usually I would've gagged at their remarks or come up with something nasty to say, but I couldn't. I had to shut my mouth because I had to stop myself from defending Abhi. I wanted to tell them that he had something serious and that's why he couldn't perform. But I want to keep the news that Abhi will be playing on Bulbul's birthday as a secret. And I want to surprise her. Suresh, my next-door best guy friend and I planned this for months. I saved up some money and mom along daadi tipped some money in. And now with Abhi playing too, will just be the icing on this perfect cake.

"Di, by the way where you went just now? We were waiting for you for half an hour out there. I was so upset with what happened that I forgot to ask. You said you'd be back inside in a while, but you didn't come back. And not only that, usually you'd be the first one to comment on The Rockstars' and how lame they are. But today, so much has happened and you didn't even say a word. Is something wrong?" she asked suspiciously.

"No, nothing is wrong. I just didn't want to apply salts onto your wounds, upsetting you further. And I went to a nearby restaurant to get something as I was hungry," I said. I could see that Bulbul wasn't 100% convinced but she dropped the topic. Purvi and Archana, on the other hand have already slept.

We got back home after dropping Rachna, who is just staying next-door and then my sisters hurried to tell my mom everything that happened. I sighed and kissed my mom and daadi good night and went to bed early, as I have classes tomorrow. I have prepared the lessons I am going to teach tomorrow. Yes, I am a part-time lecturer. I did my Degrees in TESL and continued my Masters in English Linguistics. Currently, I am doing PhD in that. It is tough juggling so many things, but that's how I've always been. I just love studying and researching. After my Masters, Daadi told me that it was time for me to get married. Mom and Daadi tried finding a groom. But somehow I just couldn't fulfill all of their expectations. And I also got tired of this never-ending ridiculous matchmaking. Some even asked boisterous questions like Do I know how to sing and dance?'  I finally came to a point and requested them to stop finding a groom for me. I remember breaking down that one night, because no matter how smart you are, in the end all they care about looks and your ability to be the typical daughter-in-law.

I remember Suresh threw pebbles at my window that night (a way we call out to each other since we were young, before we had the privilege of having hand phones). I opened the window and saw him holding tight on a ladder. He saw a few tears streaked on my face and wiped it. His other hand couldn't manage to hold the ladder and he ended up falling down on the ground. And I laughed so hard because the sight of him landing on his butt and adorably looking around if he woke up our families was extremely funny and cute. His glasses broke into two pieces and he took it. Poor, guy he looked a little upset. He quickly got up and looked at me. When he saw me laughing, he started laughing too. Yeah, apparently I always bring smile to his face and vice versa. Right there I knew who my soul mate is. Suresh, the guy who saved me from bullies when I was twelve, the one who brings extra sandwich for me, the one who wipes away my tears and the one person apart my family who has always been there for me. Right there, I knew he's more than a best friend to me. And since then I started to have feelings for him. I don't know if its love, because I don't really know for sure, but I definitely have deep affections for that guy.

After that I made a decision to continue doctorate in English Linguistics, and forget about the idea of getting married. If it was meant for me, I wanted it to be with Suresh. Because who else can be your better life partner, if not your best friend.

I was about to off my table lamp, when I heard pebbles being thrown at my windows. I smiled to myself and grabbed my phone and went to the window. I opened it and saw Suresh standing at his window which is opposite to mine. My phone rang and I picked it up without looking at the screen, knowing that it's Suresh.

"So my sister told me about the infamous "The Rockstarts" concert," he smirked. I smiled and told him everything that happened. He listened attentively and laughed at some part, because apparently he found it amusing that Abhi was insulted that I didn't recognize him. We've always ganged up and laughed at our sisters' immaturity for fangirling about this dumb band.

"How do you feel now that you've met him? Has your opinion about them changed?" he asked.

"Nah. If anything I am sure that he is everything I thought. Although, I do feel a little bad for him. Apparently, he had some emergency that he had to go home. And he is willing to play for Bulbul's birthday, so I guess he might not be such a bad guy," I said truthfully.

"I am not happy that he's coming to the birthday party. Just imagine, we'd have to listen to that horrible music. But, if that makes Bulbul happy, I'd tolerate," he said and at the mention of Bulbul's birthday, he got all excited. Even though, Bulbul and he don't get along, he find that she being cold towards him, cute and all. He's just that kind of guy, an extremely sweet guy. I stifled a yawn and he wished good night and hung up the phone. I go to the bed and doze off.

really nice update, aww so sweet I'm sure Bulbul will be happy
Thank you!!!   Loving it!!!  

Wonderful dear 😃  👏..   ❤️  ed it.. Continue soon and let me know... 😊

Chapter 4

Abhi

I woke up feeling much better today. Yesterday, was a definitely a day I'd like to erase completely. I was so weak and helpless, that I never want to feel like that again. Next year, I'd definitely lock myself in this room for one whole day. I got up from bed and freshen up myself. I got out of the bathroom and took my phone and switched it on. I took the power bank and plugged it to my phone as the battery was low. I sat on the swing outside my room's balcony and checked my phone. There were dozens of missed calls from Purab, Aakash, our manager and also the concert's sponsor. I called Purab and Aakash to explain about yesterday. They were cool with me because they understood the situation that I was in. That I had no choice, but to leave that place. Apparently, my driver has already brought my car yesterday. I thanked him and took the car keys. Suddenly, I received a text message notification from an unknown number. I clicked on it and the message appeared.

Bistro Caf. Tonight. 8p.m. You Promised.

-Pragya (The girl who dropped your sorry ass yesterday)

So, that specky four eyed girl's name is Pragya. I couldn't help but smirk at her message. Sorry ass'? That girl and her words. The name is just like her, though. Boring. I sighed and texted Purab and Aakash about this gig. As much as I don't feel like ever seeing her face again, a promise is a promise. I can't break that. Not after what she did for me, last night. I replied her message to let her know that I'll be there and saved her number. I know that she'd delete mine soon, but I wanted to save her number in case I am lost. I've never heard of Bistro Caf before and if I am lost I can ask her for the address.

I got downstairs and found daadi on the couch with tons of photos. I smiled and went to her. "Daadi!!" I called her and hugged her. I kissed her forehead and sat next to her. She smiled and asked me to look at the photos. They were photos of some random girls who I have not seen before.

"They are the photos of girls the matchmaker brought. See if there's any that you like," she said. I turned to her with a surprised face. She's looking a bride for me? Oh, god! This is not good at all. There were many times where I wanted to talk about Tannu to Daadi, but somehow I never thought it was necessary. Now, I am regretting that. Tannu was the one who wanted to keep our relationship as a secret. She didn't want the media and people to find us dating. And I've kept it as a secret till now. Only Purab and Aaliya knows about our relationship. I even hid it from Aakash, knowing that he would accidentally blurt out to Daadi about us.

"I am not interested in getting married, daadi," I said and put those photos down.

"Why? If you have someone to take care of you, then you wouldn't have had to run to me leaving your concert like that," she said. Hah! I do have a girlfriend, but still that doesn't help.

"Leave it, daadi. When I feel like it, you can find me one," I said to her and took her hand. But she let go.

"Look, I don't care. It's high time for you to get married. Stop acting childish. I won't be here forever for you. If you have someone in mind, bring her to me or else, get married with the girl that I will choose for you," she said sternly and walked into her room.

Before I could go after her, she locked the door. If once Daadi has made her mind on something, there's no one that could change her mind or go against it. I cursed inwardly and headed to my car. I need to talk to Tannu before Daadi gets me married to some unknown stranger.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

"But, you know that I have no interest in getting married," Tannu said. At times, Tannu gets on my nerves. Why doesn't she understand the situation I am in right now?

"Well, if I don't bring you to daadi and introduce you as my girlfriend, then I'd be married to some girl through matchmaking. Is that what you want?" I asked angrily.

"Abhi, you sound like some girl from the cheesy Hindi films. You know like the ones where the girl begs her boyfriend to get married or else their family will get her married to someone else," she said while laughing.

"It's not funny and stop laughing," I fumed at her.

"If you have no interest to continue this relationship, just tell me off, okay! Don't turn this whole thing into a joke. I love my daadi, and so yes, if she says that I'd have to get married, then I will," I continued.

She took my hand and said, "You know it's not like that, Abhi. You know why I have no interest in getting married." Yes, I know the reason why she dislikes marriage. Her parents divorced when she was 12 and all they did throughout their marriage was fight. Back then, I understood her hesitation in getting married. I fell in love with her and all her insecurities. But now all these just seem like an excuse. We've known each other for years and still she doesn't trust me. I let go of her hand and got out off from the couch.

She stopped me and took my arm, embraced me with hers. "Hey, don't be mad. I'm sure we will somehow figure all these out," she said and kissed my neck. I smiled a little and hugged her back. No matter what, I can't resist her touch. I took her face and kissed her lips. When we finally pulled out from each other, she pulled me into the bedroom.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

My phone's reminder tone rang and I woke at the sound. I took it and remembered that I had a gig to play at that birthday party. I got up quickly from the bed so fast that I accidentally woke Tannu up.

"Abhi, where are you going? It's still early. Have dinner with me before you go home," she said and pulled my arms.

"Sorry, babe I have a gig today, and I am already late now. Next time, okay," I said and kissed her forehead. I put on my clothes and took my stuff.

"What gig? I didn't know you had any, today," she asked. I wasn't going to tell her about what happened yesterday. It's my own issue and I don't feel comfortable discussing that with her. So, I lied, "Aakash arranged it last minute. You know how he's like right."

She nodded and I got out from the apartment to my car. I called Purab and Aakash to inform them that I'm on the way to pick them up. Few minutes later, I got a call from Pragya, the specky girl. I picked it up.

"Where are you?" she asked. How, rude. Not even a hello.

"At home," I said, purposely just to spite her.

"What? Do you know what time is it? Did you forget your promise?" she asked angrily. I couldn't help but smile.

"Oh, sorry I completely forgotten about that. I have a family stuff to attend to. I don't think I can make it," I lied while smirking. It's so fun to get her all riled up.

But before I could continue further, she kept rambling on what an irresponsible guy I am. And how I don't take promises seriously. She didn't even give me the chance to explain. As much I like teasing her, it's no fun when she starts lecturing at me. When she was done, she just cut the conversation, not even giving me the chance to tell her that I was joking. I sighed and went to pick Aakash and Purab from our studio.

Chapter 5

Pragya

How can someone be this irresponsible? I put the phone down and went to Suresh. "He isn't coming, apparently. I should've known to not trust that asshole," I blurted angrily.

"Hey, calm down. Don't get upset. The party will be fine even without their presence. I am sure Bulbul will appreciate and love this party even without the band performing," he put his hand on my shoulder and assured me. I smiled and nodded at him.

Mom and Daadi entered into the caf. "Is everything going well, Pragya?" mom asked worriedly. My mom is someone who gets worked up for the smallest things. Since our dad left all his properties for his second wife, a mistress before he died and left us all stranded alone, she gets worried for everything. That doesn't mean she is weak, no. Actually, it's the opposite. She pulled herself up from all the grief and with the help of my daadi, who came with us instead of supporting her useless son. They opened a small stall selling homemade foods and now they've definitely come very far from that. They upgraded the small hawker stall to this caf. It might be not that big, but it is everything that my mom and Daadi have apart from us three sisters. And I couldn't be any more proud of them.

"Yeah, mom. Everything is just fine." I assured her. Who needs that stupid band playing? Suresh is right. This party will just be fine without them. My phone was ringing and I saw the caller ID. It was Abhi, who can't seem to keep any promise. I rejected the call and switched my phone off. I went to Suresh and asked if Purvi and Rachna managed to keep Bulbul clueless about this birthday. Purvi and Rachna brought Bulbul out for shopping. I lied that I couldn't follow them, as I am busy with my research. She looked upset that I couldn't spend time with her on her birthday. But the surprised look on she'd have on her face when she enters into this caf will be all worth it. I am extremely excited and trust me, that don't happen often.

Bulbul's college friends arrived and we all started discussing on where we should hide. Despite me being busy with all the birthday preparation, my mind wanders back to Abhi's promise to perform today. Bulbul would have been so happy to have her all-time favorite band playing at her party. I looked at the empty stage that Suresh and I borrowed from his friend who works in theatre plays. And now all the efforts has gone in vain.

Someone tapped my shoulder lightly and I turned back. It was Abhi. And his sadistic smirk. Behind him was two other guys looking much younger than him. I am shocked. If he was at home, how did he manage to arrive here so early? I was so confused that he had to shake my shoulder to bring me out of my own thoughts.

"You okay?" he asked in a concern voice.

"Yeah," I nodded. That's when I realized everyone's eyes were on us, or on these boys to be more specific.

"How did you manage to reach here so fast? With the traffic and all. Besides, your house is far from here," I asked. He smiled and shrugged it off. Everyone started to gather around them. The other two guys who I have no idea whom are already busy signing autographs and Abhi was facing me. Before I could say anything, Suresh came in between us.

"I thought he was not coming," Suresh whispered. I just shrugged absentmindedly. I am also lost just like him. I looked back to Abhi but he was already busy signing autograph too. The whole attention were on them. Few minutes later, Abhi approached Suresh and me. He introduced the other two guys behind him. Apparently, that's Aakash and Purab, his other two members.

"You really don't recognize us?" Aakash asked disbelievingly. I shook my head no and Suresh gave a cynical smile to them.

"So, when should we start playing?" Purab asked. As I was about to answer, I received a text from Purvi that they are on the way to the caf in 10 minutes. "In a while," I answered Purab. We switched off the light and hid in a corner. As everyone cramped up together in a corner, we were all against each other. Someone pushed me and I was about to fall, when someone's strong arm held my body to stop from me falling. I gripped that person's arm and because everyone is pushing each other, we had to lean in against each other to prevent from falling. I know that it's not Suresh but somehow I was comfortable being around that arm. I held it tighter and looked up to see the face. It was Purab. He was smiling to me.

"You alright?" he whispered into my ear.

"Yeah," I said and when we were finally in balance, we let go of each other. And he still had a sweet smile on his face. I can't help but smile at him too. Then we heard the door creaked and prepared ourselves to yell SURPRISE'!

Bulbul was ecstatic about the surprise party. She was practically jumping up and down with excitement. And when she saw the Rock stars' playing on the stage, she was so happy. Best birthday present ever, she told me. She even thanked Suresh happily, which was surprising since she never really liked him. And Suresh was grinning. I looked at him and realized how lucky I am to have this guy beside me. I smiled and leaned my head against his shoulder slightly. He put me his arm around me, and pulled me closer to him. Everyone else were busy listening to the live music. I am glad that finally the day went smoothly without any disruptions.

After they finished playing, I approached them. "That was lovely, thank you for coming and playing tonight."

"Don't lie. You didn't find our music lovely at all. Besides, no one in a sane mind finds rock music lovely," Abhi shuddered. I smiled. Funny, in just our second meet he knows me.

"Well, who cares if I don't get your music, everyone else did," I said.

"And that's why I find you quirky," he said.

"What?" I asked angrily.

"Well, we're off to get food, bhai," Aakash said and Purab tagged along.

"Nothing," he muttered. He was growing on me and then he goes and says things like this. I was about to walk off, but he took my arm and stopped me.

"Just wait here and act like you're talking to me. Look at those girls who are waiting just to pounce on me," he said. I looked at his direction and I saw Bulbul's college mates drooling over him far away.

I smirked, "yeah, as if you're not totally enjoying the attention you're getting from these girls. Isn't these kind of the things band boys like you live for?"

"Yeah, but only if those girls are hot," he said.

"And you don't find these girls hot? At all?" I asked surprisingly. He shook his head no. I looked at those girls. They were pretty, at least I thought so. Seems like this guy has such high standard.

"Well, don't be so picky. It'll be difficult to get a girlfriend then," I said playfully.

"Why'd I be looking for one, when I already had one," he said. I looked at him raising my eyebrows.

"Surprised?" he asked.

"Well, yeah. A little. I was wondering who'd have the patience and high tolerance level to be your girlfriend," I said.

"Well, when an uptight person like you managed to find one, why can't I," he said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Oh, come on I know about you and that geeky guy who was around you throughout the party today," he said smiling.

"Suresh?" I asked wondering how he knew. Damn, this guy could read me clearer and faster than I could ever read any book.

"Is that his name? You guys definitely look like you're made for each other. Couple of the year should be awarded to you guys," he said while laughing.

"We're not together. Not like that," I stumbled.

"Well, your cheek is stating something else. Why are you blushing?" he asked and slightly touched my cheek.

"Am not," I lied. And he continued laughing. When I didn't say anything and looked away, he stopped laughing. He brought his hand up as a gesture of peace.

"So, if you guys are not together, does it mean your feelings for him is one-sided?" he asked in a softer tone. Like he felt bad for me.

"I don't know, really. I've never confessed. Maybe part of me is afraid that I'd lose my best friend," I said. It's funny how I admitted the truth. No one ever assumed that we were together as in a relationship. Everyone always knew Suresh and I were friends. And there's this stranger whom I only know for couple days, yet seem to really know me in ways no one ever had. 

Finally managed to come around and update this FF! Extremely sorry that it took this long. I wrote the Abhi and Tannu's scene way way before yesterday's and day before yesterday's episode. And I don't feel like removing it, despite how I feel about them. Thank you for reading this dumb story of mine!!😛