Joseph Morgan Marries Persia White in Jamaica

Posted: 9 years ago
Joseph Morgan Marries Persia White in Jamaica
Joseph Morgan weds Persia White
SARA MEGAN

PEOPLE MAGAZINE 

Subscribe for instant access to PEOPLE

Sorry, ladies. Joseph Morgan is off the market. 

The actor, who currently heads up the CW's The Originals, wed hisVampire Diaries costar Persia White in an intimate ceremony in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, on July 5. 

"It had a very rustic feel to it," White tells PEOPLE. "There was nothing about it that was overwhelming or very huge or fabulous in that way. We tried to keep everything really intimate and beautiful and sort of going along with nature." 

The bride wore a Vera Wang dress with a cathedral-length veil, while the groom sported an ivory-colored silk tux with black lapels by Miguel Wilson. "And then I had a bow tie," adds Morgan. "In fact, the bow tie was the first bow tie I've ever tied myself, so I was quite proud of that." 

Keep up with your favorite celebs in the pages of PEOPLE Magazineby subscribing now.

The couple, who met on the set of season 3 of The Vampire Diaries, exchanged vows in front of 26 guests at a private villa, within sight of where they got engaged. 

"I think one of the reasons we picked it was because we love the ocean and we both grew up by the sea," White says. "To be by the sea was wonderful. And the people of Jamaica are just wonderful." 

So, who made the exclusive guest list? "It was mostly family, a handful of close friends," Morgan says. "My best man was my best friend of almost 20 years, Matt Ryan. He actually plays John Constantine on the new NBC show Constantine, but we've been friends since we were teenagers." 

Joseph Morgan Marries Persia White in Jamaica - See the Exclusive Photos!| Wedding, Celebrity Weddings, Persia White

Joseph Morgan and Persia White

SARA MEGAN

The pair danced to Florence + the Machine's "Never Let Me Go" for their first turn around the dance floor. But their favorite moment involved a band of Jamaican drummers. 

"We had this great group called the Children of the Drums," Morgan says. "It was six Jamaican drummers, and they got everybody up on the dance floor. At one point, all of our guests were on the dance floor, which is an achievement, I think." 

The food wasn't too shabby, either, especially the cake, which was vegan - in keeping with the couple's plant-based menu. "It was a triple layer, chocolate on the inside and vanilla icing," says White. "A beautiful, amazing cake." 

After helicoptering over to Negril for their honeymoon, the two relaxed by "partaking in the favorite local pastime - cliff jumping," says Morgan. White adds: "That was what was more daunting than anything else. And we did it together, so we're pretty proud of that." 

What's next for the couple? Well, in addition to working on more film and TV projects together, they hope to start a family. Says White: "Little cute mini Josephs!" 
Congratulations Joseph❤️❤️
Congratulations to them:-) 
And to u Garvi, mubarak tere bhai ne shadi kar li :-) 
Originally posted by iluvOriginals

Congratulations to them:-) 
And to u Garvi, mubarak tere bhai ne shadi kar li :-) 

HE IS NOT MY BROTHERRR
Seriously, haha.. u r such a kid🤣
I'm so happy for Joseph! <3
Love you whether you're married or not JOMO! ;) <3
Am I the only one who is heartbroken !???????? haha
Originally posted by -StephinesS-

Am I the only one who is heartbroken !???????? haha
i can't even feel my heart Steph! It's gonee! :(
OMG! Congratulations Joseph. Love you a lot. 
Really distraught but he deserves his happiness 
Congrats to Joseph