Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BharaniK265 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

I forgot to add the other thing that doesn't make to me [again brickbats accepted]-prior to JDJ they shot 9 am - 9 pm as well.  At that time there was no decrease in screen space.  If there was no change in the number of hours that are put in then the screen space quanity should pretty much be the same as before or at the most a little less.

i agree with u  but we didnt expect rudra to be in screen for 20 mins ... atleast 5 mins ... but everyday before precap..1 min wat is this... 
tamil_nalan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think if you are commited to a show you should stick with the show and be loyal BUT also you have to bear in mind that RR never delivered good TRPs. It started early with the worries if RR is going to be axed or not because of poor TRP. So you can't judge Ashish for taking a chance to secure his future. It's part of the business that you have to look out for new chances. Even fans are in panic if RR is ending so it is normal that actors worries too and try to secure new jobs by promote themself by doing this kind of shows.

Of course everyone can say that Sanaya also concentrate on just on show, but I think it is an well know fact that she can afford it as she is a well known TV star. She is one of the few actress who can rely on the fact that new work is waiting for her if RR ends one day. in this regard she is lucky :-)

Also I wanted to say something about his 9am to 9pm shift. It takes a long time to take one scene. Firstly the have to rehearse it a few times, also they have to discuss it between the actors and with the director. then they have to shoot a scene a few time because of different camera angles. than the have to retake it because there going to be bloopers while shooting. then they have to dub/voice over some scene because sometime the camera catches not all voices. then the actors have to wait between the scenes because other actors are doing a scene or they have to wait because the backdrop have to be fixed or changed etc. If I've learned something by watching SBB and SBS then that shooting a small scene takes a lot of time.

Of course Ashish did do the dance show mostly for his own benefit but it also played a role to promote RR. Even the producer acknowledged that he send Ashish there. Edited by moni87 - 9 years ago
ChotiDesiGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i respect your opinion but Ashish has been working on RR since it began, 12 hours everyday. Yes, he had to take a leave for a couple of days when he was down with a fever but he quickly returned. 

At the moment he is having a difficult time, and therefore he has been given less screen space soo that he can rest and recover. We should all support that and anyhow Ashish is back now i believe. So you will see more of Rudra this week. 

And it doesn't have to be one or another. He is doing JDJ cuz he loves dancing and he is good at it and if he quit then Shampa his choreographer- all her hard work will go in vain. I believe she gets her monthly paycheck through JDJ.

Edited by TearGold - 9 years ago
oddgalout thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: moni87

I think if you are commited to a show you should stick with the show and be loyal BUT also you have to bear in mind that RR never delivered good TRPs. It started early with the worries if RR is going to be axed or not because of poor TRP. So you can't judge Ashish for taking a chance to secure his future. It's part of the business that you have to look out for new chances. Even fans are in panic if RR is ending so it is normal that actors worries too and try to secure new jobs by promote themself by doing this kind of shows.

Of course everyone can say that Sanaya also concentrate on just on show, but I think it is an well know fact that she can afford it as she is a well known TV start. She is one of the few actress who can rely on the fact that new work is waiting for her if RR ends one day. in this regard she is lucky :-)

Also I wanted to say something about his 9am to 9pm shift. It takes a long time to take one scene. Firstly the have to rehearse it a few times, also they have to discuss it between the actors and with the director. then they have to shoot a scene a few time because of different camera angles. than the have to retake it because there going to be bloopers while shooting. then they have to dub/voice over some scene because sometime the camera catches not all voices. then the actors have to wait between the scenes because other actors are doing a scene or they have to wait because the backdrop have to be fixed or changed etc. If I've learned something by watching SBB and SBS then that shooting a small scene takes a lot of time.

Of course Ashish did do the dance show mostly for his own benefit but it also played a role to promote RR. Even the producer acknowledged that he send Ashish there.

From the few live shoots I've visited-ironically one was with a former JDJ participant who was juggling his show and JDJ-they usually end shooting the close ups and then use a BD for the remaining distant shots.  This assures the screen space for the ML or FL remains pretty consistent-maybe a small drop in how much they are MIA from the plot.  Except the avid viewers most don't catch the BD shots and don't realize the distant shots are BD's.
sssenorita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have mentioned so many time and always felt that...thank god others also feel that. But its so late now...BTW an individual needs to decide, 
reeha_k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: -Swetz-

You should have a Ashish DP instead of Sanaya I have to close my eyes everytime I read your post as you're his panki and you have bashed Sanaya many times who's oviously more professnal and hardworking than him.

Doll, you could have just gone onto respond to  Bebo's comment instead of going onto a tangent on whose "panki" she is and how much more professional and hardworking Sanaya is when she never even said otherwise ðŸ¤”
reeha_k thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: oddgalout

I guess that's what I'm confused about and have been for a while.  Props to Rowan who is leading this and I'm standing behind second or third in line for the brickbats - HA.  So they used to shoot 9-9 before too right?  There was no dearth in ML and FL scenes then---minus a few flukes here and there.  So if the shooting time is the same why is the screen space quanity so minimal?  When and if the few JDJ fans that are new Ashish fans tune in they won't see much of him in the show that he's ML of.

That's a good question and that's what I was pointing out. That the production house and colors as well as the writers need to be smarter with their time and screen space- utilize the actor for the time he's there. Schedual scenes in better so he can do his and go; logistically we don't know what's going on and logistics are a big part of any production. So, instead of going on about how Ashish needs to fix the problem we should ask: Where is the problem stemming from, who is in charge and how they should adjust it :) 
Edited by reeha...k - 9 years ago
squivi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I kind of disagree. Yes, JDJ is taking a lot of Ashish's time, it's evident but he IS on set a lot of the time, if we believe the actors. The CVs are the ones who aren't using the time Ashish has on set wisely. When he is there, why aren't they giving him substantial things to work with? At least during the Mala track, when he was also doing JDJ mind you, he had a great presence. Now, the CVs are purposely focusing on Shantanu, Shatabdi and Mohini. Even Sanaya isn't being utilized well - that's all on the CVs. So I'd be hesitant to put all the blame on Ashish, when the CV's aren't even giving Rudra (and Paro) worthy scenes. 

Also, Ashish is a big boy - he chose to do 2 shows at the same time and knew about how hard it would be. He did it anyway, for himself and maybe even at ST's behest. Either way, he doesn't write the show - the CVs do. They simply aren't using him enough because THEY are writing the show and his character like that. 
Cutiepie_sanaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
ITs not like thati didnt knew ashish i have watchd his many shows before rr n liked him too bcaz i watch many serials n his serials was one of them but i was never his fan n whther u accept or not many people didnt even knew him before RR n started liking him after RR n i think he is giving too much time for jhalak thats my only problem i think he should concentrate on RR too.
oddgalout thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: reeha...k

That's a good question and that's what I was pointing out. That the production house and colors as well as the writers need to be smarter with their time and screen space- utilize the actor for the time he's there. Schedual scenes in better so he can do his and go; logistically we don't know what's going on and logistics are a big part of any production. So, instead of going on about how Ashish needs to fix the problem we should as: Where is the problem stemming from, who is incharge and how they should adjust it :) 

In my defense-in none of my posts was I calling him out or anyone really.  My confusion [consistent confusion lol] is regarding the numbers or rather timing.  It makes no sense to me.  Because this is like my working my regular 9-5 job then taking on a part time 6-10 job and somehow my productivity in my 9-5 going from 75% to 25% when really it has not a lot to do with my 6-10 part time gig [aside from the obvious I'm a little-or a lot-beat by the end of it all LOL].