Mahabharat

Tagore's Version Of _ "Chitrangada"

A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Rabindranath Tagore's Version Of "Chitrangada"

Rabindranath Tagore took the story of Chitrangada and Arjuna, in 1892, turned it into a dance drama, very much like a modern day musical with the story set to music and with the characters acting out the parts in dance. Tagore's story differs a bit from the story of Chitrangada in the Mahabharata. He expands on the character Chitrangada and gives her new life In Tagore's story,

"Chitrangada is the only child of the King of Manipura. Being the heir to the throne, she dresses like a man and is the protector of the land. Her people look to her to keep them safe. One day, she meets Arjuna and, seeing him in action as he hunts in the forest, she falls in love. Arjuna is impressed by her fighting
abilities but all along believes her to be a man. Chitrangada believes he could never love her the way she is. She receives a boon from Kamadeva, Hindu god of love, and transforms herself into a beautiful feminine woman. When she meets Arjuna again, he can't help but fall in love with her. Though she believes that she has everything she wants in life, deep down she wishes that he could love her for her true self. When marauders come into her kingdom to take over the villages, Arjuna learns from the people of the kingdom that their princess is the greatest warrior around and they wonder why she isn't there to help protect them now. Arjuna is impressed by the story of this woman who seems to be his equal when it comes to fighting and longs to meet her. Chitrangada appears and saves her kingdom before revealing her true self to Arjuna. No longer in love with her just for her beauty, Arjuna marries
Chitrangada. They have a son named Babruvahana"

Apart From Paarth_Panchaali, Personaly I Love Arjun_Chitrangada In The Tagore's Version Of Chitrangada!

Thought Of Sharing It Here, Sorry If Its Already Shared In The Forum!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I so love it...this is the actual n the best love story of Mahabhrat 😊 
A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Rushika

I so love it...this is the actual n the best love story of Mahabhrat 😊

Which Star Bharat Ignored Completely 😑
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I love the part where Arjun taunts Chitrangada "Mar kole jao chole nai bhoy" hehe! :P
And I love the part where Chitra says Arjun..,,tumi Arjun...
That is Tagore magic.. 😊
Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Best luvstry of mb...arjun-chitrangada...''aho ki dussaha spardha...arjun e je kore abogya...se kone khane pabe tar ashray...
arjun tumi arjun...
''Awesome piece of work by biswkabi RABINDRANATH TAGOREEdited by Simantini_M - 9 years ago
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Chitrangada has always been my favorite; maybe because I read about her first and then proceeded to the rest characters of Mahabharat! Tagore's rendition of the tale captures the sweet nothings of this warrior lady! Indeed its a beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing!!
luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
TFS...Chitrangada n Arjun's son Babruvahana was a Very Skilled n Brave Warrior...His expertise in Archery was beyond compare, just like his Father..n at one point of time, he stood against Arjun on the battlefield n fought with such wrath n fury...there was a south indian Movie made on the life of Babruvahana..that depicted his relationship with Arjuna as well..
Spring-Dew thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Chitraganda Arjun story is cool too😳
Justitia thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing!!

This is one the most awesome love stories from the epic. 

Too bad β­οΈB reduced it to a mere mention of "Manipura" and "Chintrangada"...
love_chitra thumbnail
Ohh..loved d chitra n arjun story..
Another reason is that I am 'chitra'
Lov u arya..