Gustakh Dil

Is this what one should do to be a dancing star?!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

varshitap

varshitap

Posted: 21 July 2014 at 12:11am | IP Logged
  Hello Friends,
        The last episode was something  in bad taste!! Wardrobe malfunction!!Ouch 
This made me wonder , was the ramp walk necessary to become a dancing star?!!Shocked
    In India we have so many classical dance forms which have a beauty of their own. Moreover there are many festive as well as folk dance forms which have made our culture rich. All these have one theme and it is devotion . Dance is considered divine and for some it is penance.
 They have always dignified a person be it man or woman. If you watch any of the classical dance forms be it Bharatnatyam or Kathak...or even folk dance forms like Kathakali, Yakshagana, Bihu or Gidda  they are all about discipline, and control of mind and body. Even the western dance forms like  hip-hop, contemporary, freestyle  etc they also stand for dignity , grace and discipline.
( Well here I would like to add , I am not an expert in any dance or anything but have only been a spectator!! )
 All this seems to have blown over by controversial ramp walk with wardrobe malfunction...and dance is no where to be seen!!Shocked 
    Sagar wanted  Laajo to be a dancing star. So the grooming, dance practice and even the interview was understandable ...but why the ramp walk?!!  I have not seen Laajo purely dancing after her first performance!!  I don't think Sagar wants Laajo to be a ramp model!!  Confused The dance competition has been reduced to beauty pageant!!LOL That too with conspirators like Rathri and Barkha  who went to the extent of outraging the modesty of a woman being a woman!!  how shameful and disgusting!!Angry The whole wardrobe malfunction thing has made me feel that the writers or whoever have conceived the concept have hit a new low!! Dead  As this is a show which has a theme of woman emancipation  but we get something so diametrically opposite to watch.
    Even though it is fiction it is painful to watch a woman go through something like this.
  I may sound conservative to some, but I feel being a woman dignity is our pride and should not be compromised.
     So friends what do you feel is it necessary to walk the ramp to be a dancing star? 
Waiting for your comments...Smile

On a lighter note I have a question : How come Rathri get access to green room of Laajo was there no security ?. Can anyone answer this?!!LOL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

SheelsCarinalondonkababusami01ALUJNA21ASH_99paljayak75

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is this what one should do to be a dancing star?!!" in Gustakh Dil forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ak75

IF-Sizzlerz

ak75

Posted: 21 July 2014 at 12:52am | IP Logged
The idea of ramp walk was to introduce the contestants. Otherwise, like  you said  there is no need of it in a dance competition as It looked like a beauty pagent. CV's want  to show Laajo shaken and severely traumatised , hence the wardrobe malfunction. Lot of bloopers in the epi. Kabir and Raatri looked so silly giving the interview. Raatri's smirk was missed by all the reporters and camera...Confused

Personally even I didnt like this epi . Being a woman, the thought of dress opening up on stage is absolutely scary. Laajo's reaction made me very sad ( Sana acted superbly) Raatri doing some mischief to spoil her performance would have been better. Again, that would be routine stuff. This WAS shocking for many of us !! 

Anjali and the rest of them are having doubts. Once they investigate... Raatri's name will come out. Security would have noticed her going into the room. We have to wait and see if they follow that track or simply ignore it. Nikhil overhears Raatri-Barkha convo , so he may also inform Anjali or SK. 

Edited by ak75 - 21 July 2014 at 7:17am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

varshitaplondonkababusami01ASH_99

ASH_99

Goldie

ASH_99

Posted: 21 July 2014 at 5:03am | IP Logged
Good post Varsha!! Even i  had this same question when we saw the TB article about the wardrobe malfunction!!
Why a dancing start needs to do ramp walk?  Posters, interview , shows will be something a dancer would be performing rt?  But  this is a show and anything is possible i would say.

My main problem is the dress designer said she herself checked  the dress before Lajjo tried it then how come she did not see this? Even Lajjo checked before trying it. was just for completing the check list? And the hook was flattened it was so obvious to know to anyone while putting it on!!

I mean this whole fiasco was just made to discourage, humiliate Lajjo as every one can make out easily!

How Ratri enter the green room? She only knows, may be she bribed the security!! And he will come up and bhanda fod of Rati?

varshitapCarinalondonkababusami01

ALUJNA21

Coolbie

ALUJNA21

Posted: 21 July 2014 at 5:32am | IP Logged
Laajo in this show should never become a dancer(by the way I never saw her dancing gracefully because when she has to dance Nikhil came in her dream and saved her)
Few or all of you may not agree with me here, but I'm saying which I feel when seeing her dancing.
She should have studied to become a successful doctor...
Initially they said that she wants to become a doc then she began to train as a dancer then walking the ramp as a model...
Is it possible that today a person is a teacher, tomorrow a doctor and end up as an engineerQuestion
Extremely sad as it is scripted.Confused

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Hema48varshitapCarinalondonkababusami01

sami01

Coolbie

sami01

Posted: 21 July 2014 at 7:04am | IP Logged
actually it was not ramp walk for audience ,it was simply introducing the dance competition contestants on stage in front of media and sponsors,but I do agree loads of creative liberty was taken
but it was such sad incident but we got to see amazing performance by Sana, that si why she is the lead actress, I mean how many times she wil dance, it would have been good ,had she had better dancing skills...but she has to act every day and expr4ssions were so good ,
Also the episode jerked audience to maximum effect and that was what was intended, we are discussing its shortfalls/reasons. I went to puja for last 3 days and I met few aunts and cousins who follow this show but started recently so don't know anything about ishaana  , I realized that most people r watching the show for laajo and there was not even mention of Ayesha,so I realized something...the show people watch it for Laajo,new people specially and even old watchers like us watch it for Lakhil,yes we do want other characters to also have part in story but these 2 r most imp characters of the show...so yesterday I decided that we viewers who discuss the show or watch it with critical eye may be very small in numbers. As show is doing well in Trp so I guess makers knida know who to shock people to come back and watch the show and what would be better than a huge low brought upon Laajo and she is pulled out by Nikhil. See they could have tried it with Sagar but they did not let him even try to comfort her hence I feel makers have realized that it is time to bring nik back into central focus.
and as per what u said Varsha ----- it is true Dance is art, Devine and respectful and way they are showing everything makes you feel weird .But I feel it is more a competition of a sort like a tv reality show but only difference is it is on stage with media coverage...
I also do feel doctor was ok but couldn't have been as dramatic...or fast

varshitapCarinalondonkababuak75

Carina

Carina

Posted: 21 July 2014 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Ello Varsha! Great postSmile
 I think it's all about TRP. Story is a real hotchpotch these days lol.
Like my Nik's, i really get confused sometimes. I dunno why Laajo was doing a cat walk, seems strange for someone who should be doing a dance competition. 
Epis was nice but just like u, i didn't like that wardrobe malfunction scene.
As usual, it's all about women...  Proof that there's some things that will never change..
Maybe it's far more worst than in the middle century. There, it took some weeks, days, for gossips to spread. Today, it goes around the world in an eye blink.

As for GD, i'll watch today's epis and come back to u. 
See u later.Hug

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

varshitaplondonkababusami01

Carina

Carina

Posted: 21 July 2014 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ALUJNA21

Laajo in this show should never become a dancer(by the way I never saw her dancing gracefully because when she has to dance Nikhil came in her dream and saved her)
Few or all of you may not agree with me here, but I'm saying which I feel when seeing her dancing.
She should have studied to become a successful doctor...
Initially they said that she wants to become a doc then she began to train as a dancer then walking the ramp as a model...
Is it possible that today a person is a teacher, tomorrow a doctor and end up as an engineerQuestion
Extremely sad as it is scripted.Confused

Totally agree with u. Script has become quite unrealistic and that's a real pity. 
But it looks like viewers like the unrealistic side, hence the TRP.
It's a good thing for the show and that's the real goal of CV's.
 U and i can go tel lene LOLLOL
This one i learnt from Sami DI Big smile

Edited by Carina - 21 July 2014 at 10:47am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Hema48varshitaplondonkababu

ASH_99

Goldie

ASH_99

Posted: 21 July 2014 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sami01

actually it was not ramp walk for audience ,it was simply introducing the dance competition contestants on stage in front of media and sponsors,but I do agree loads of creative liberty was taken
but it was such sad incident but we got to see amazing performance by Sana, that si why she is the lead actress, I mean how many times she wil dance, it would have been good ,had she had better dancing skills...but she has to act every day and expr4ssions were so good ,
Also the episode jerked audience to maximum effect and that was what was intended, we are discussing its shortfalls/reasons. I went to puja for last 3 days and I met few aunts and cousins who follow this show but started recently so don't know anything about ishaana  , I realized that most people r watching the show for laajo and there was not even mention of Ayesha,so I realized something...the show people watch it for Laajo,new people specially and even old watchers like us watch it for Lakhil,yes we do want other characters to also have part in story but these 2 r most imp characters of the show...so yesterday I decided that we viewers who discuss the show or watch it with critical eye may be very small in numbers. As show is doing well in Trp so I guess makers knida know who to shock people to come back and watch the show and what would be better than a huge low brought upon Laajo and she is pulled out by Nikhil. See they could have tried it with Sagar but they did not let him even try to comfort her hence I feel makers have realized that it is time to bring nik back into central focus.
and as per what u said Varsha ----- it is true Dance is art, Devine and respectful and way they are showing everything makes you feel weird .But I feel it is more a competition of a sort like a tv reality show but only difference is it is on stage with media coverage...
I also do feel doctor was ok but couldn't have been as dramatic...or fast

Good to know that more people watching the show.  Specially for Lajjo. she is really a talented actor.
I would have like her as a doctor defiantly but yes it would not have as much impact as current we are seeing. specially the malfunction and the bad publicity.

but Dr. Lajwanti Nikhil Bharadwaj.. sounds so great na !!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

varshitapsami01

Post Reply New Post

Go to top