cutiepies thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Mahesh files for divorce

The director is going to legally separate from his childhood sweetheart, wife Deepa

BHARTI DUBEY Times News Network

Mahesh Manjrekar

The audience might be seeing a happy Mahesh Manjrekar do a ramba-samba for the ongoing dance show on television, but in reality the director is going through turmoil in his personal life. He will soon be separating from his wife Deepa.
   Though he is in the process of legally separating from her, Mahesh is said to be very attached to his children, daughter Ashwami and son Satya. Both the kids have been spotted on the dance show encouraging their father. Mahesh has a production banner on his daughter's name and his son was seen in the film Life ho To Aisi.
   Mahesh and Deepa were college sweethearts. Deepa also worked as a costume designer for two of his films, Astitva and Bhagyawan. According to industry grapevine, the two have been living separately for almost two years now. When contacted, Mahesh was uncomfortable and didn't want to talk about his private life. "It's nobody's business. Why should I even discuss it with anyone. Once such things are reported, do you realise the emotional problems the children go through?"
   On the professional front, Mahesh will soon be starting his new film which is based on the life of mill workers of Mumbai. "I have identified three to four families and will be narrating their experiences after the mills of Mumbai shut down," he says.
   However, the director is not very keen on acting, "I don't want to do inconsequential roles. Besides I also know that I don't sell as an actor, so why would people want to cast me? I will act only if the role is extremely good," he says.
   But Mahesh says he cannot think of making films without Sanjay Dutt. "I am working out the dates and will soon be starting a film with him."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
i wonder if that wud make him get sympathy votes
though divorce is really painful

at times ppl laugh in public and joke and have fun but inside they hide all their pains and sorrows

thanks fruitty for the article
buttercup thumbnail
best of luck mahesh.. πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
SLV3 thumbnail
😭 sad....he got lovely children..

thanks for sharing the news....
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
oh that is too sad ...wish him all the best in the contest and in his divorce