Mahabharat

**Prashati Draupadi - Pooja Sharma's AT**#11 (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 151

ManyaArshiLover

Groupbie

ManyaArshiLover

Posted: 20 July 2014 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by milindrose

only know that both drau n gandhari shared good space post war n drau served gandhari till her last 

Exactly they were two ladies going through the exactly similar kind of pain so as they say pain brings Ppl close Smile 
And drau was so large hearted she served her enemies' mother till the very end. That's how her heart is - made of gold  Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

luv_sakshi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**Prashati Draupadi - Pooja Sharma's AT**#11 (Page 4)" in Mahabharat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sabhayata

IF-Rockerz

Sabhayata

Posted: 20 July 2014 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Uma90

Seriously...
there are so many misconceptions about Draupadi...
And most of those misconceptions are negative.

Andha Ka Putra Andha
She didn't allow other wives to stay
She washed her hair with Dushasen's blood
She was the root cause of war...
She was in love with Karna

I don't know, which jerk started these rumours about her...

Most of the negative points about Draupadi is just rumour, and not part of the actual epic.

I wish I could make other people, on other sites see this. Tired of fighting for my Draupadi.
Really tired now. Tired to see, what kind of a false image people have in their heads, of her.

i agree with everything you said but not with the point highlighted in pink

how is this her negative?

i know some people may view it .like that but how

is it wrong for a woman to want revenge from the person who wronged her?

she wanted to wash her hair not because she was blood thirsty but because it was symbolic of the fact that she has been avenged because her humiliation started from the point when dusashan dared to touch her hair and it was avenged when she washed her hair with the same person's blood

doesn't a woman have the right to avenge her self ?why should she be accepted to behave perfectly in all situations?if she has been wronged definitely she will show her kali roop why not

i know its not part of the actual epic it is probbaly something added to show her vengeful nature or her want for justice and this act just symbolizes that i dont see anything wrong or negative in it

In fact i think the reason that she fought for her justice  and didn't spare the people who had wronged her sets her apart from other mythological heroines and that is why i like her

the only problem is that generally this part of her nature gets the most attention and people forget she was much more than that she was also sober and kind.

After everything that had happened she was very much loyal and devoted to her husbands, she spent 13 years in exile when she could have also stayed with her father ,she took great care of dhrit and gandhari.So yes she definately wanted justice for herself but she had other character traits as well which generally dont get much attention

but no matter what at end of the day she is the heroine of one of the greatest epic's in the world and no amount of negative comments can change that

Edited by Sabhayata - 20 July 2014 at 11:47am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AnuMPluv_sakshiMS-meghasharma

ManyaArshiLover

Groupbie

ManyaArshiLover

Posted: 20 July 2014 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sabhayata

Originally posted by Uma90

Seriously...
there are so many misconceptions about Draupadi...
And most of those misconceptions are negative.

Andha Ka Putra Andha
She didn't allow other wives to stay
She washed her hair with Dushasen's blood
She was the root cause of war...
She was in love with Karna

I don't know, which jerk started these rumours about her...

Most of the negative points about Draupadi is just rumour, and not part of the actual epic.

I wish I could make other people, on other sites see this. Tired of fighting for my Draupadi.
Really tired now. Tired to see, what kind of a false image people have in their heads, of her.

i agree with everything you said but not with the point highlighted in pink

how is this her negative?

i know some people may view it .like that but how

is it wrong for a woman to want revenge from the person who wronged her?

she wanted to wash her hair not because she was blood thirsty but because it was symbolic of the fact that she has been avenged because her humiliation started from the point when dusashan dared to touch her hair and it was avenged when she washed her hair with the same person's blood

doesn't a woman have the right to avenge her self ?why should she be accepted to behave perfectly in all situations?if she has been wronged definitely she will show her kali roop why not

i know its not part of the actual epic it is probbaly something added to show her vengeful nature or her want for justice and this act just symbolizes that i dont see anything wrong or negative in it

In fact i think the reason that she fought for her justice  and didn't spare the people who had wronged her sets her apart from other mythological heroines and that is why i like her

the only problem is that generally this part of her nature gets the most attention and people forget she was much more than that she was also sober and kind.

After everything that had happened she was very much loyal and devoted to her husbands, she spent 13 years in exile when she could have also stayed with her father ,she took great care of dhrit and gandhari.So yes she definately wanted justice for herself but she had other character traits as well which generally dont get much attention

but no matter what at end of the day she is the heroine of one of the greatest epic's in the world and no amount of negative comments can change that

Beautifully explained dear Clap
Your language made me cry im not even kidding Star
I loved how you express everything i always had in my heart 
Wonderful, im just speechless Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AnuMPSabhayata

Sabhayata

IF-Rockerz

Sabhayata

Posted: 20 July 2014 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by AnuMP

OK, I see everyone is spitting mad at misconceptions about Drau. As Shriya said that is probably because of the attitude that prevails about strong women who refuse to cower. 

I am going to count all the Drau tracks I liked and disliked about the show as some one did in EDT

8) People called VH episodes emotional atyacharShocked. I thought that was one of the most beautifully done tracks. I did not even mind her calling Karna a monkey

to be frank despite being a draupadi fan and i even like pooja as draupadi  i didnt like the VH track.I liked it in bits and pieces but not as a whole because there were just too many distortions happening for me to like it

1)WWing of pandavs and other kuru elders by making them protest Draupadi's insults and dragging some thing that never happened.None one said even 1 % of things in support of her in the actual epic.And hence draupadi's true plight wasn't shown.She was the only one fighting for herself and no one else but here we had Starcharacters throwing temper tantrums every now and then.So the epic draupadi's real struggle wasn't shown

2)Again showing draupadi fictionally insulting Starkarna just to justify the one line Starkarna said because men cant do anything unprovoked

3)Draupadi challenging dushy for VH again WWing of male characters.Making it seem that they were supporting draupadi but she rejected their support because she was tired of everything where as the truth is she asked and asked for help but no one came forward hence in the end she left everything to god

i feel CV's were busy WWing male characters and hence draupadi's true plight wasn't shown.As i have said before that day only draupadi was a hero not any one else.So she deserves to have her true plight shown i hope one day we get to see that onscreen right from the fact that she was dressed in a single piece of cloth and was bleeding when she was dragged

Edited by Sabhayata - 20 July 2014 at 12:35pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

srishtisinghAnuMPluv_sakshi

luv_sakshi

IF-Rockerz

luv_sakshi

Posted: 20 July 2014 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Wohoo!Party...Our Next Draupadi AT!Dancing...Congratulations!!Clap

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sabhayata

AnuMP

IF-Dazzler

AnuMP

Posted: 20 July 2014 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Sabhayata 
Pooja was still fairly new at the time and they probably didnt want to piss off fan bases of popular actors by showing them as misogynistic or impotent (metaphorically)

Now, she has turned out to be the big TRP magnet. Doubt they will do that now. 

Thats why I hate the idea of BW making MB. Can you imagine how much more butchering they will do if say Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh were to do KaJu? Poor Drau would totally be blamed as heroines dont have that kind of clout 

luv_sakshiSabhayata

srishtisingh

Goldie

srishtisingh

Posted: 20 July 2014 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
congrats on new AT guys!

AnuMPSabhayata

AnuMP

IF-Dazzler

AnuMP