Citizen And Licensed Guns!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
Do you think there should be ban on issuing gun license to citizens? Or you think it's ok and sometimes important to carry gun by citizen?

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Do you think there should be ban on issuing gun license to citizens? Or you think it's ok and sometimes important to carry gun by citizen?

Yes, I think there should be a ban on owning a gun (by individuals), no matter how important a person is. As it is our society is violence infested, we fight as slightest of provocations and having a gun in such a situation can prove catastrophic. It is particularly true in our country's case, people (those who have guns) love to flaunt their guns and are not affraid to use it too. Providing guns to everyone cannot and should not be allowed just bec'se law and order situation is bad and in any case majority of licences are provided to those with "connection", and majority of those are criminal minded.

Edited by SolidSnake - 17 years ago
Abhijit, I was talking about US 'coz I was not too sure about policty in India.

But I agree with Deepak about case in India that we fight as slightest of provocations and having a gun in such a situation can prove catastrophic and also about issuing license basing on recommendation and connection.

About US you are right too and how they brag about their gun compared to their children's education..really sad situation....but the every other week we hear cases about school shooting. It is just scary...i agree that they should do research and history check to whom they issue gun and including their mental health assessment.
"There are 550 million firearms -- one for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: how do we arm the other eleven?" narrtes Nicholas Cage as movie, Lord Of War, begins. 😆   

While its impossibe to introduce in new laws in washington, I don't think greater restrictions on firearms ownership and availability would prevent any misuse.    Edited by bhilwara - 17 years ago
Its seems this discussion is for Pardeshi's. 😕
However in India an ordinary citizen does'nt need Gun.If he turns extra-Ordinary by legal means he will get guns,if turns extra-Ordinary by illegal means he gets guns,either case no problem!!

Cheers,
Mythili
Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
No mythili we can also discuss about India..it's just that I was not much aware about policy there, but Solidsnake have given some good inputs on it.