Did any book create impact on you? - Page 7

Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by sirigina

Thanks Ritz,

What better a friend can one find than a book? That too a book that educates, englightens, and opens up a new window to the world. At least you go on a ride to remember and not taken for a ride to rundown.

I had missed a lot of them. Remember their authors partially or remember the names partially.

But if you are a fan of beautiful writing, kindly do not miss Ron Rash and "Saints at the River"

Rgds,
Sarah

now i see  where the beautiful flow of words and thoughts come from ๐Ÿ˜› i wish i could devote some time for books  but. there r other things that catch my eye  but i always wonder how do u guys accomodate the time for books... i mean a career , a family and fun leaves no time for me...

maybe early retirement can help me๐Ÿ˜† 

All the time in the world..... i just finished it 3 days ago and still i didnt get over it. The first book that didnt just touch my heart.... but dominated it. I have never really gotten so much affected by any book ever.... but this one is the first that made me literally cry continuously. VERY MOTIVATING!

Book Description

Twenty years old, drop dead gorgeous, and headed for the fast track, Nicki McBain is poised to begin a high-powered law career when she hears the devastating news. Her future will be measured not in years, but in months. Nicki makes a decision: in the time she has left, she is determined to live. Accompanied by friends, Nicki embarcks on a last-fling cruise to the Greek Islands--she wants to fill her days with as much beauty and pleasure as she can. But when she meets Michael Schuster, a handsome British photographer, she realizes she's found the last thing she'd ever thought she'd find--true love. Deciding to hide her illness, Nicki hopes to spare the man she loves the truth she cannot avoid. Can a life time of love be had in only a few weeks? And is love strong enough to overcome everything--even death? Nicki is about to find out....Twenty years old, smart, gorgeous and hip, college valedictorian Nicki McBain is on the fast track, poised to begin a high-powered law carreer when she hears devastating news: Her future will be measured not in years, but in months. Her body has dealt her a death sentance, but in the time she has left, Nicki has decided to live.

-Ria

Originally posted by ritzbitz

now i see  where the beautiful flow of words and thoughts come from ๐Ÿ˜› i wish i could devote some time for books  but. there r other things that catch my eye  but i always wonder how do u guys accomodate the time for books... i mean a career , a family and fun leaves no time for me...

maybe early retirement can help me๐Ÿ˜† 

Hi Friends!!!

Book reading is good habit.I feel all should try to develop that habit right from childhood.This is entirely in the hands of parents.Let me suggest the books I've read:

INDIRA by Katherene Frank

The Insider By Shri P.V.Narasimha Rao

Straight from the Gut by Jack Welsch

Freedom at Midnight by Dominique and Larry Collins

Prime Ministers of India by Janardhan Thakur.

cheers,

Mythili

What an inspiring post.

So many of us who love books and share their experiences.

Enough books named to fill my reading-agenda for a couple of years to come.

And not only novels! Will learn something too!

Sadly my time of addiction to reading lays deep in my past, digging it up proves a bit difficult.

I remember a book of Suzanne Valadon, mother of painter Maurice Utrillo. An autobiographic book on her life as a painter among other impressionists in Paris. I read and reread it, several times. Such life I also wanted...

Harry Potter, also nice to share with my daughters.
Da Vinci Code, interesting, nice to read, but no impact on me
1984 - suffocating warning to us all

Mythili thanx for this post.

Regards, Maria

Originally posted by maria-n

What an inspiring post.

So many of us who love books and share their experiences.

Enough books named to fill my reading-agenda for a couple of years to come.

And not only novels! Will learn something too!

Sadly my time of addiction to reading lays deep in my past, digging it up proves a bit difficult.

I remember a book of Suzanne Valadon, mother of painter Maurice Utrillo. An autobiographic book on her life as a painter among other impressionists in Paris. I read and reread it, several times. Such life I also wanted...

Harry Potter, also nice to share with my daughters.
Da Vinci Code, interesting, nice to read, but no impact on me
1984 - suffocating warning to us all

Mythili thanx for this post.

Regards, Maria

Thanks๐Ÿ˜ณ for the complements!!!!