Debate Mansion

Did any book create impact on you? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 9

Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 9
Page 8 Page 9

cheeze

IF-Rockerz

cheeze

Posted: 21 September 2006 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
I love reading but mostly Romantic novels.

The only book that had some impact on my life was "NIRMALA" by Munshi Prem Chand. I loved this book and it made me see life in a different perspective.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Did any book create impact on you? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tropic

tropic

Posted: 21 September 2006 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
I love reading books. The recent books I have read are the Kite runner, Angels and Demons, Da vince Code, A bed of red flowers.

Paris 1911. This book is a history, it made me understand the causes of World War II, Bosnia war of mid 90s and the present day Iraq war. Also love reading travel and adventure books.

tropic

tropic

Posted: 22 September 2006 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
The recent book I read is Shantaram. It is set in Mubai. Those of you who live in Mumbai will recognize all the places mentioned. This book is being made into a film. Chunkey Pandey has been signed.

livelychatter

Groupbie

livelychatter

Posted: 22 September 2006 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Books impact my life daily on different levels. Some have been Sidharta by Herman Hesse; Puala by Isabel Allende; Man's Search for Meaning-Viktor Frnankel; Hamlet-Shakespeare; Age of Innocence-Edith Wharton; Dirty Hands-Sartre and many more. Sidharta is good for people seeking how to detach from desire; Puala for a Mother or a love one watching a love one die; Man's Search for Meaning-what happens in war camps and how courage and mind over matter rules the day; Hamlet for its punchy dialogues and monologues; Age of Innocence for its 1900s American life scenarios.

rukia

Groupbie

rukia

Posted: 23 September 2006 at 7:56am | IP Logged
WOW! Tongue What a good topic. Clap I appreciate that you have posted about books. Clap Yeah I read books. There is a saying that Books are the Best Friends.(friends will not be us during holidays). Books give us a lot of Wisdom & Knowledge.OK i will stop my speech about books LOL .Coming to the point I read tinkle(as if i am a small child LOL)But it gives lot of knowledge and general mistake we will do.Akbar & Birble(my FVRT)it is wonderful. Embarrassed GOD books (Stories of all gods) Embarrassed .Can any tell me the good books plzzz name them & where will i find it.I read even chacha chaudari(but not now).I read poetry too by john keats etc.

rukia

Groupbie

rukia

Posted: 23 September 2006 at 8:29am | IP Logged
WOW! What a good topic. I appreciate that you have posted about books. Yeah I read books. There is a saying that Books are the Best Friends.(friends will not be us during holidays). Books give us a lot of Wisdom & Knowledge.OK i will stop my speech about books .Coming to the point I read tinkle(as if i am a small child )But it gives lot of knowledge and general mistake we will do.Akbar & Birble(my FVRT)it is wonderful. GOD books (Stories of all gods) .Can any tell me the good books plzzz name them & where will i find it.I read even chacha chaudari(but not now).I read poetry too by john keats etc. Impact YES but little because to change ourself is a difficult task but I tried to change my behaviour(only Bad/Wrong habits).It gives me inner satisfaction & happiness when i read book.

sidsk

IF-Rockerz

sidsk

Posted: 23 September 2006 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
hey this is an xclnt topic for us book maniacs...books r like my anti drug... Embarrassed
my fav book till date has been da vinci code n watchers by dean koontz

devilangel

IF-Dazzler

devilangel

Posted: 23 September 2006 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
well i am a bookworm .and the book which caused the most impact was 'Mulberry and Peach'by Hauling Nieh.. it just told you how hard life actually was which we never realised.. i actually cried after reading it.. it was a very nice book.. very emotional.. how mulberry changes into peach..it was very sah how times force us to do things.. and yes boooks do create an impact on us.. because it broadens our thinking.. and sometimes it makes us realise that we do care

Post Reply New Post

Go to top