yahhh............ d title..d back.. 😆

Did any book change your life?
ummm.. yes.. i forgot to read myy sst book n i
failed my social science eggjam 😆

Did any book save you from problems?
yaaa..! d day d science book was changed ..cuz pluto
wasnt a planet 😆 now d book looks shoo
muchh thinner :P

Did any book help you in removing your confusions or did it add much more confusion?
more confusionn 😆 damnnn!

or Do you say we read books but we don't take the content seriously?
u shud believe in wat u see.. not wat uu hearr or readd!
muahahahahahaha 😆
i wait for d moviess..rather dan da books 😆

on a serious note --
i lubb
1) d alchemist
2) d monk who sold his ferrari
3) many lives many masters
4) 5 point sumone
6) one nite @ da call centre

n ii cant thinkk of moreeeeeee 😳 😆

Edited by WildGloss - 17 years ago
Posted: 17 years ago
Originally posted by WildGloss

Do you read books ?
yahhh............ d title..d back.. 😆

ummm.. yes.. i forgot to read myy sst book n i
failed my social science eggjam 😆

yaaa..! d day d science book was changed ..cuz pluto
wasnt a planet 😆 now d book looks shoo
muchh thinner :P

Did any book help you in removing your confusions or did it add much more confusion?
more confusionn 😆 damnnn!

u shud believe in wat u see.. not wat uu hearr or readd!
muahahahahahaha 😆
i wait for d moviess..rather dan da books 😆

on a serious note --
i lubb
1) d alchemist
2) d monk who sold his ferrari
3) many lives many masters
4) 5 point sumone
6) one nite @ da call centre

n ii cant thinkk of moreeeeeee 😳 😆

mahiii😆😆i love to read books nd its my fav pastime books dat i read agn nd agn r princess diaries nd mediators by meg cabot 😳😆but d book dat reallly touched me was sister hood in travelling pants .it made me realise how short life is nd u have ot njoy it to d fullest nd life is all bout good frds😳

I am a pretty voracious reader...but my tastes are pretty average...and I like fiction
I started out like any normal kid in school with Enid Blytons, graduated to the Nancy Drews and the Mills and Boons...
I think I am now at a stage where I am stuck with the likes of Jeffrey Archer, Ken Follet and Grisham...I grab the first copy of their paperbacks! I also am into medical thrillers by Robin Cook!

I have followed the Harry Potter series like crazy and hope that JKR doesnt kill Harry in the final book
:-(

Some non - fiction that I really enjoyed reading recently ... " A small History of everything" by Bill Bryson...
"Blink" and " Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell...

A book that shook me and really affected me for days was Anne Frank's diary...

another one was " A fine balance "- by Rohinton Mistry

"Alchemist" is a book that I read often for self motivation!

I once read a book called " Mistress of Mellyn" by Victoria Holt....I think it can be made into a wonderful hindi movie!!...infact I am obsessed about it getting adapted for a screenplay for a Bollywood movie..
which should star Kajol and Sanjay Dutt in the lead!!...I hope someone from bollywood is reading this!!

Edited by TallyHo - 17 years ago

I think every book I've read has inspired me to a certain extent in various ways.

The ones that stand out have to be:
Catcher in the Rye (my favorite book of all time)
God of Small Things
Mystic River
Lolita (disturbing, but beautifully written)

and another one by nabokov: Pale Fire.

Edited by yeh_ada_143 - 17 years ago

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Because he is so radically different that aftr one book yu are likely to discard him as a lunatic. It takes several books to deprogram yourself and actually read him without bias.

Lunatic.!!!  I think you just gave me the reason to run out to get these books.. 😉

i just loved each and every book i read
these are books that have really inspired / moved / fascinated me

the alchemist - paulo coelho
da vinci code - dan brown
the greatness guide - robin sharma
the monk who sold his ferrari - robin sharma
who moved my cheese - Spencer Johnson
one minute manager series
you can win - shiv khera
god of small things - arundhati roy
prisoner of zenda - antony hope
marketing management- philip kotler (i started loving this subject after i read this book, kotler changed my aversion to studies)

now i've picked up these books to read- dream big(lisa hammond), who will cry when you die (robin sharma), anne frank's diary.

as a child i loved to read enid blyton and sir arthur conan doyle.
Originally posted by uvcraziestfan

mahiii😆😆i love to read books nd its my fav pastime books dat i read agn nd agn r princess diaries nd mediators by meg cabot 😳😆but d book dat reallly touched me was sister hood in travelling pants .it made me realise how short life is nd u have ot njoy it to d fullest nd life is all bout good frds😳

shelloo 😆 ya i lub sisterhood in travelling pants too!
but princess diaries.. naaah..d movies r better 😆
"Did any book create impact on you?"
Yes....

Do you read books ?
Yes.... I basically love Sidney Sheldon but read all kind of books untill unless they arent boring......

Not really.... But changed some of my views abt life & people....

Not yet.....

Nope........

I wont say we dont take it seriously... yeaa sometimes for fun but otherwise seriously.....
Great topic. I saw this awhile ago and I was like I don't have anything. I just remembered, NIGHT by Elie Wiesel.

Do you read books ?

So yes, I read books. Although I haven't been doing too much reading lately.

I recently reread, Night by Elie Wiesel.

I don't know that Night saved me from any problems. However, I sort of stepped out of this box. This box of beliefs that I had. As Night is about the Holocaust, it raised a whole set of questions for me and my belief in God. Night really shook up my foundation whether God really exists or not. After that, I sort turned to atheism.

When bad things happen people say that there was a reason or that good things will happen. I wondered why such bad had to happen for any particular reason. With the Holocaust, there was no good...no reason...perhaps even no God. So Night really didn't confuse me or make me less confused, but I do look at life really differently now.

Interesting question. Hmmm...some books like murder mysteries hopefully do not condone one to go out and commit murder. There are really good pieces of literature out there though that are important for personal growth. I've always thought that the more you read good literature, the more conscious you will be. I dunno that is just me. Personally, I like to read non-fiction because I feel that reading opens up doors for me to discover other cultures. It gives us a way to explore our own beliefs and truths.

Overall, reading is important for personal growth. , but we are ultimately responsible for our own actions good or bad.

This raises a new question for me. I think that books have had an impact on me....hmmmm...this is kinda hard to word. Do books, TV, movies and music have the same kind impact on a person? Is there a cut off line? With Night, my beliefs about God changed. I know that TV, movies or music probably has some effect on me like the way I dress, but should books be in the same bucket?

"Did any book create impact on you?"

No actually. None of the books that I have read in the past impact me in anyway. 😕

Do you read books ?

Yes I do read books. In fact, I love reading books even if it is not part of my school assignment.

My fav. book reads are:

A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry

Such a Long Journey - Rohinton Mistry

The Hobbit - JR Tolkien

The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri

I have to say that I only read books after reading a review on that book. But sometimes, I go ahead and try reading a book just to reflect upon whether I loved it or not.

Do you say we read books but we don't take the content seriously?

Yes, we say we read books just for the sake of reading it, be it for assignments, homework, book reports etc. I guess most of the children just read it to get by at their school and complete an assignment. I don't think they realize that reading is purely for fun and joy and to learn something new.

This was a great discussion by the way. Thanks for this topic.