Qubool Hai

Decoding Sanam

GitaIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Sanam's outburst on Ahil's has riled up many. So, thought will make a post giving Sanam's POV. Both Ahil and Sanam were in their element yesterday.

Ahil laid his heart out. But, he didn't mince his opinion on her IQ levels (Mohatarma Duffer) and telling tales. He is not one to go all lovey dovey and praise thy lord in love. (That's why brekaing of balloon dream stood out like a sore thumb)

Sanam is grateful to him. That's it and nothing more. From the very beginning, from first meeting- his manners, his arrogance, his conceit, his contempt for her, his playboy nature, his excessive drinking - have made her form an opinion of him - Jallad Jinn. So, there is no question of her feeling anything for him, or accepting it even there is some feelings.

FAQ:

Had Ahil been gentle in his approach, would Sanam's reaction been any different?

No. Ahil could not have proclaimed his love in any possible way that would have tempted Sanam to accept him. Not now, in the least, when he is engaged and she has her burdens.

Had Ahil been not engaged, would Sanam have had any romantic inclinations towards him?

No. Her prejudice towards Ahil, and Ahil's constant anger on her, (we know its love) would've prevented any romantic liasons with her employer.

Can't Sanam see those lovelorn looks in Ahil?

Of his love lorn looks, nowadays everyone can't stop looking away from her - Ahil, Rehaan and Nida too. And she had thought till now that it is hate, hatred for something she said while unconscious.

Now that Ahil had laid his heart bare, should'nt Sanam change her opinion of him?

But Sanam is astonished that she is creating those feelings in Ahil. The girl can't believe Ahil feels for her, it is impossible, almost sin to think of him, a man, who apart from all his flaws, is also engaged.

Should Sanam have hugged Rehaan?

In all honesty, the hug didn't make any sense. Rehaan didn't save Sanam from death nor are they on such friendly terms.  But let the episode play out, maybe it makes sense in the context of things today.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

namzie thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
😳

Sanam : yes as a character she will fail to see what is obvious and then will not believe that she is the cause of someone' world going upside down !  Shades of asad miyan and his principles ! After all how can she be the cause ! From her viewpoint this makes sense as she is nothing but a maid with a lot of responsibilities Agree with all the above especially the part about aahil' character so far in the show and how he is perceived by sanam , how long will it take for sanam to realise that she is too affected by him ? Or that is a part which will play post nikaah ! 
Can't wait to see her realisation phase ! 
Kv and Sj What a performance ! They together are just superb bringing out the best in the other ! Kv lines were very well written ! He is expected to get ruffled up after the second rescue op conducted ! 
But a tiny moment here to share that beautiful scene where he pulls that piece of cloth and gives it to her ! His expressions were MA! 
No comments on fruity !or the other eye candy ! They just can't hold the torch near Kv when it comes to intense scenes and the disparity becomes more apparent in each episode .

Forgot to add my Neruda lines like last time 
"Bitter love, a violet with it's crown of thorns in a thicet of spiky passions, spear of sorrow, corolla of rage: how did you come to conquer my soul? What brought you?" 
 Pablo Neruda,
Edited by namzie - 9 years ago
AnnzSageflower7 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Great post !
There's a big chunk missing between Aahil's shaking her in consternation and frustration, and her hugging Rehan outside the house . We shall find out today...

Love your insight about Sanam's current state of emotions. She is very grateful and maybe a little flustered by his sudden intense attention, but she doesn't assume any importance in Aahil's life. 
She knows her place, her function. She's too principled to cast aspirations on her boss.

What's touching however, is Aahil's disregard of her status, thinking of her as an equal in the matters of his heart.
 That indignation when she insists he hates her... priceless.
nautanki_anu thumbnail
I totally understand why Sanam is behaving the way she is. Ahil is her employer and he saved her life for which she is grateful and has thanked him too. Besides he is engaged now. In the past too Ahil has treated Sanam badly and told her several times and through several actions of his that he dislikes her and can't stand her and her guts. So why should he expect her to go around finding love for him in his eyes and behaviour even though she hugged him tightly in her subconscious state coz she was scared for life after almost being buried alive? If she is ignoring him or being indifferent or staying off limits then she has reason enough for that and I don't see why she should behave differently esp now when he is another woman's man. If he suddenly starts to love her and she can't or doesn't want to see it then I totally understand that. He can't expect Sanam to love him back ATM esp after having treated her like a doormat in the past. She has some self-respect too. Having said that she is also feeling drawn to him but is probably not understanding her feelings coz of reasons mentioned above.

I found the SaHaan hug totally out of place but will reserve my comments till after the epi.

Nice post Gitey 😃. KV and SJ were both good in the last 5 mins.Edited by nautanki_anu - 9 years ago
typhoon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
kvb  sj  were  good  ðŸ˜†
intense scene    aahil saved  sanam life  upper  se miss  sanam  asad khan   aahil par  chill padi

aapko kya farq padta hai  haan tu naa bachhate😲  sanam bilkul asad par gai hai🤣

and  aahil   but  cvc  should not  show aahil love as puppy love😆

i know   sanam  aahil  relationship was of of hate😆

i  feel  aahil  should not be shown as  a puppy love bitten man  he was  a  rowdy  man before  rhoda character ko samjho  cvc😆

rihan  sanam hug was out of  box forced😕     though i love  rihan😉
so  aahil  mu starts  ðŸ˜†
Go4welkin thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: GitaIyer

Sanam's outburst on Ahil's has riled up many. So, thought will make a post giving Sanam's POV. Both Ahil and Sanam were in their element yesterday.

Gita, Sanam character sketch itself riles me up, I just can't stand her. IMO, it is very poorly written lead character and it is getting worse with each passing day.

Ahil laid his heart out. But, he didn't mince his opinion on her IQ levels (Mohatarma Duffer) and telling tales. He is not one to go all lovey dovey and praise thy lord in love. (That's why brekaing of balloon dream stood out like a sore thumb)

Yes, balloon dream was not so Aahil. His reaction after saving Sanam after washing machine debacle was in perfect sync with his character, I am glad he didn't hug her, even given the life and death situation that would have been too soon for SAHIL ( Asad hugging Zoya in bathtub electrocution scene was acceptable as by then ASYA were established and had an emotional airport engagement though both are pretending to be in denial ).

Sanam is grateful to him. That's it and nothing more. From the very beginning, from first meeting- his manners, his arrogance, his conceit, his contempt for her, his playboy nature, his excessive drinking - have made her form an opinion of him - Jallad Jinn. So, there is no question of her feeling anything for him, or accepting it even there is some feelings.

She not having feeling for him is fine but if she is typically developing girl, she would at least notice change in his looks and mannerisms, she don't need to decode it as love but thinking he hates her even now after all he did to her is little stupid. I would understand if Sanam said ' I don't know why you do this' instead saying ' you do it because you hate me'.

FAQ:

Had Ahil been gentle in his approach, would Sanam's reaction been any different?

No. Ahil could not have proclaimed his love in any possible way that would have tempted Sanam to accept him. Not now, in the least, when he is engaged and she has her burdens.

Agreed and he being gentle wouldn't go with his character anyways. 

Had Ahil been not engaged, would Sanam have had any romantic inclinations towards him?

No. Her prejudice towards Ahil, and Ahil's constant anger on her, (we know its love) would've prevented any romantic liasons with her employer.

In these circumstances, love takes time, even if Aahil tells directly that he loves her, she will and should be apprehensive about it.

Of his love lorn looks, nowadays everyone can't stop looking away from her - Ahil, Rehaan and Nida too. And she had thought till now that it is hate, hatred for something she said while unconscious.

Sanam should be able to tell hate looks from love looks/caring looks isn't it, how can they show a lead so dumb. 

Now that Ahil had laid his heart bare, should'nt Sanam change her opinion of him?

But Sanam is astonished that she is creating those feelings in Ahil. The girl can't believe Ahil feels for her, it is impossible, almost sin to think of him, a man, who apart from all his flaws, is also engaged.

In all honesty, the hug didn't make any sense. Rehaan didn't save Sanam from death nor are they on such friendly terms.  But let the episode play out, maybe it makes sense in the context of things today.

Hell no! I don't know how the episode will play out but that hug is lame based on current relationship between Sanam and Rehaan and there is no way it would develop any further to justify a hug in a day ...Rehaan hugging is acceptable to some extent but Sanam 'hell no'.

Between nice analysis, though I don't agree with few points.
Edited by Go4welkin - 9 years ago
sylvia99 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: namzie

😳

Sanam : yes as a character she will fail to see what is obvious and then will not believe that she is the cause of someone' world going upside down !  Shades of asad miyan and his principles ! After all how can she be the cause ! From her viewpoint this makes sense as she is nothing but a maid with a lot of responsibilities Agree with all the above especially the part about aahil' character so far in the show and how he is perceived by sanam , how long will it take for sanam to realise that she is too affected by him ? Or that is a part which will play post nikaah ! 
Can't wait to see her realisation phase ! 
Kv and Sj What a performance ! They together are just superb bringing out the best in the other ! Kv lines were very well written ! He is expected to get ruffled up after the second rescue op conducted ! 
But a tiny moment here to share that beautiful scene where he pulls that piece of cloth and gives it to her ! His expressions were MA! 
No comments on fruity !or the other eye candy ! They just can't hold the torch near Kv when it comes to intense scenes and the disparity becomes more apparent in each episode .

Forgot to add my Neruda lines like last time 
"Bitter love, a violet with it's crown of thorns in a thicet of spiky passions, spear of sorrow, corolla of rage: how did you come to conquer my soul? What brought you?" 
 Pablo Neruda,

Love the way you described. It was a beautiful scene by yellow piece of cloth and about expression you are 100% correct.
sylvia99 thumbnail
Other than emotionally challenged Sanam, I wanted more and you described beautifully by FAQ. I am confused about that hug. It was Zoya's department. Sanam...?
sylvia99 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nautanki_anu

I totally understand why Sanam is behaving the way she is. Ahil is her employer and he saved her life for which she is grateful and has thanked him too. Besides he is engaged now. In the past too Ahil has treated Sanam badly and told her several times and through several actions of his that he dislikes her and can't stand her and her guts. So why should he expect her to go around finding love for him in his eyes and behaviour even though she hugged him tightly in her subconscious state coz she was scared for life after almost being buried alive? If she is ignoring him or being indifferent or staying off limits then she has reason enough for that and I don't see why she should behave differently esp now when he is another woman's man. If he suddenly starts to love her and she can't or doesn't want to see it then I totally understand that. He can't expect Sanam to love him back ATM esp after having treated her like a doormat in the past. She has some self-respect too. Having said that she is also feeling drawn to him but is probably not understanding her feelings coz of reasons mentioned above.

I found the SaHaan hug totally out of place but will reserve my comments till after the epi.

Nice post Gitey 😃. KV and SJ were both good in the last 5 mins.

Totally agree with you. Last. 5 mins...wonderful
vm17 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=GitaIyer]

FAQ:

[/QUOTEWonderful post Gita.Ahil and Sanam acted true to their character.Ahil saves her ans then scolds her and does'nt believe Sanam.So Sanam is angry and thinks and says that Ahil hates her and therefore does'nt believe her.Added to that Nida taunted that she was trying to get close to Ahil.She told Nida that he hates her and repeated the same.
Ahil was flabbergasted ane he asks why would he save her if he hated her.Sanm has inherited AAK's temper and the way he lashed at people whom he did'nt like.
Sanam can't understand Ahil's feelings bcoz she knows he is a plaboy so maybe she thinks that he is not capable of love.He uses and throws girls.Secondly she is acutely aware of the diffrence in class.She did'nt want to to enter the farmhouse and went coz rehan told her to.Sanam can't imagine Ahil falling her as heis engaged and secondly she is a cook in his house.Ahil has insulted her many times and also she thinks that when she was unconscious she clung to Ahil and he did'nt like that she thinks.So acording to her Ahil is angry bcoz of what happened that night.even during the ring choosing Ahil says that his and Sanam 's choice can't be similiar.Agreed ahil looks at her but half the time she was unaware that he was staring.
Sanam will take time to realize after all she is AAK's daughter
Sanam hugging Rehan baat kuch hazam nahi hui.She belongs to that class where she has'nt any male friends and even if she talks to rehan hugging him seems totally out of character as she is like her dad.she is conservative.