Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 18 September 2006 at 4:09pm | IP Logged

Courtesy: Mumbaimirror.com

Jumping Jacked!

Dayanand Shetty fractures his ankle while performing a stunt in CID, blames unit hands for distracting him

Sapana Patil Poojary

Dayanand Shetty, who plays inspector Daya in CID, fractured his left ankle while performing a stunt scene in the serial. The actor was doing a stunt where he had to jump from a water tank on to the floor of a terrace. However, he slipped, fracturing his ankle in the process.

When contacted, Daya recalls the incident, "I was supposed to jump from a high water tank and land on the floor. The floor was covered with several crash mats to prevent any injury. But as I jumped, I lost my balance. There were two cameras rolling in front of me. Besides, I got distracted by the unit hands standing there and landed in the gap between the two mats. Initially I thought I had only sprained my ankle, but it turned out to be a fracture."  

"In the past several years, I've done most of the stunts myself in the serial. In fact, I have done even more difficult stunts than this one, like jumping off the ninth floor of a building. Surprisingly, something went wrong with this one," he adds.

The actor, who is recovering from his injury, adds, "It is a bad fracture and a cast will not help. It has to be surgically repaired. Since I'm a well-built man, it will take longer to recover. After all, I weigh 103 kgs! (laughs)"

The actor has been advised rest for a month, which means that the audience will be missing him in the CID team for a while.

Dayanand jumps off the water tank

Dayanand performs the stunt as his co-actors look on

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

CricmaniacAnastaciaumi82990IF_FRIENDS-dear10-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Daya hurt !!!" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

umi82990

IF-Sizzlerz

umi82990

Posted: 18 September 2006 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
awh..well i hope that he feels better.. Wink

nagin1

nagin1

Posted: 18 September 2006 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
wow that was cool you . Wink

sim_indian

IF-Dazzler

sim_indian

Posted: 19 September 2006 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
yea hope he gets better....did he still come on c.i.d though?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top